MSFS Preorder! - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: MSFS Preorder!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    A mute button (Or no music at all!) would have been nice, so I don't have to listen to the same music over and over for the next 15-24 hours of downloading.....
    Ah, you are going for it anyway?
    So am I, next sunday.
    Back into the game after I don't know how long....

Cheers, Rob
    Dutch National Aviation Theme Park and Museum.
    No DC3 without the DC2

Blog Entries
    This is sure taking a while to download. It has been running over an hour. I have a 1GB fiber connection. Guess, MS's servers are being taxed.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by jmig View Post
    This is sure taking a while to download. It has been running over an hour. I have a 1GB fiber connection. Guess, MS's servers are being taxed.
    That semi-funeral durge sounding music gets annoying after a while, doesn't it? Guess what? It also plays while the sim is loading. Need to figure out how to kill that as soon as I can.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    That semi-funeral durge sounding music gets annoying after a while, doesn't it? Guess what? It also plays while the sim is loading. Need to figure out how to kill that as soon as I can.

Kent
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Its not very uplifting, which IMHO it should be for such an advancement in simulation games.... Its been downloading now for 6 hours, and the music is irritating to say the least. I would turn the volume down, but I need to hear when emails come in!

If only there was a simple Mute button........

SOH-CM-2024

Help if you can

I pre-ordered the Premium Deluxe version. I got it from the MS store. I go to my MS account and it shows that I pre-ordered it, yet when I click it, it wants me to buy? How are you guys getting to the download link?

Caz

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post

Kent
    I just turned the volume off, Kent. I guess I will just do other things until it is downloaded...like Honey Do's.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    I pre-ordered the Premium Deluxe version. I got it from the MS store. I go to my MS account and it shows that I pre-ordered it, yet when I click it, it wants me to buy? How are you guys getting to the download link?

Caz
    I found it on the start menu programs list of Windows 10 and then followed my nose from there.

Guys, from what I read, you simply need to right-click on the sound icon in the taskbar next to your clock, and choose the volume mixer. You'll get one volume per running application in there. Then you can mute only the setup of MSFS, without muting the rest of your apps.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robcap View Post
    Ah, you are going for it anyway?
    So am I, next sunday.
    Back into the game after I don't know how long....

Cheers, Rob
    Better start downloading then...

Boss is paying for my flightsim (25th anniversary bonus) so I figured why not? Seen plenty of youtube vids first and it does look good.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Maybe it's due to where I live, but I just downloaded and installed the Premium Deluxe version in about five minutes. I went to my Microsoft Account and order history and clicked on it there and it took me to the MSFS web page and that had a Download/Install button on it for reference.

Edit: Well crap. I didn't realize all I had downloaded and installed was an App to download and install MSFS. I went to fly it and was shocked to see I still had to download it and install it. Could they have made this more convoluted? Of course, this is Microsoft I'm talking about.
    Last edited by Sundog; August 18th, 2020 at 18:33.

Members who have read this thread: 1