First, the negative. I tried installing my Orbx files in V5 and needless to say, my scenery is completely FUBARed. No autogen, water tiles that randomly pop up, most airfields are below the terrain when you approach them. I went and read Orbx regarding P3DV5 and Orbx and basically it comes down to they're install through Orbx Central isn't really compatible. I did some programming way back when I was in school, but what you have to go through to get Orbx files to work in it I could probably figure out if I spent three or four hours messing with it, but I'm not going to do that. The default terrain isn't bad, but I'll stick with V4 for now. I find the scenery issues with V5 make it unflyable for me. Also, controls I was able to program in sim in V4 I can't program in V5. It's annoying.

Now the positive; The new clouds/sky model look amazing. Apparently the new cloud models don't cast shadows, but given how good they look, it didn't bother me that much. I also like how looking at the map now doesn't pause the sim. I also like that weird Lockheed turboprop trainer that looks like a T-6 II with an F-4 influence.

Having said that, I'll probably uninstall it and wait to re-install it when Orbx figures out how to make terrain installs work through their Orbx Central program. Although, i did finally figure out how to install planes outside of the sim, which I'm happy about.

All in all, I can see where it's an improvement over V4, and if you don't use all of the Orbx scenery like I do, I would say give it a try.

Regards,
Ken