Classics Hangar Fw190 released! - Page 8
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics Hangar Fw190 released!

Wonderful aircraft Nick!

Somewhere over the Eastern Front.
    Regards, Bob

Core i7-9470 4.4GHz 8MB Cache | Dual 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 | 16GB DDR3 SDRAM at 2300Mhz | 500GB Samsung Evo SSD | 2TB Seagate Barracuda | 1200 Watt Power Supply| Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit

I must say i also love the animation of the cooling fan, nice little touch

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    good one Mathias
    a mossie defender :friday:

well im having fun
    H

I found an error and im wondering if anyone is experiencing this, its limited specifically to the 190a2, nothing else including the a2 with the outer cannons. On takeoff i encounter immense torque, so bad that the rudder and differential brakes cant counter it, if left unchecked itll throw the plane sideways, as i said the a1, a2mgff, a3, and a4 doesnt do this only the a2 model with the droptank, im going to scan the cfg file but is anyone else encountering this?

deimos256,

I am seeing the same thing. On the 190a2 the rudder is not working correctly, left or right, it barely moves and has very little effect. It works fine on the other models.
    Barry

While I haven't experienced anything to that degree, I have noticed a oddity related to prop pitch.

When I attempted my first take off in an A4, I was stuck by how anemic and low powered the aircraft was...I barely cleared the trees at the end of the runway. After several flights in this plane, I've now discovered the reason: the prop was essentially feathered, and to address this, I had to manually advance prop pitch in order to get the thrust needed for a clean take-off. Once that's done, take-offs are a breeze, and the plane is very responsive.

I thought these Antons were all equipped with the Kommandogerät, which among other things, controls prop pitch. I should mention that after manually setting prop pitch for take-off, it appears to be automated by the Kommandogerät once airborne.

Is this accurate? I'm wondering if some of the plane's systems aren't being set properly by FSX when initially loaded.

i cant figure out if the rudder isnt working or the engine is over-torquing, the rudder is definitely moving but the plane swings violently to the left, its a shame too because i like a lot of the paints for that model, i compared the cfg files for the a2 and the a2_mgff and the numbers are almost verbatim so im at a loss

Only early Bf109's (D-1, E-1 and E-3 and earlier) had manual prop pitch, but even those received the updated installation in the mid 1940. I am sure that the CH FW190 has constant speed propeller (well, in default, you have two options in the FS - constant speed prop or fixed pitch prop). I don't own this FW so I cannot help more.

Lucas

Well after another flight its definately not the rudder, if i do manage to lift off i have an effective rudder control, its insane torque that yaws the plane and if i do manage to lift off i tend to stall and the torque manages to flip the plane 2 full revolutions before it slams into the ground

*edit* i tried a reinstall with the same result, horrendously exaggerated torque on takeoff with only the a2

Quote Originally Posted by deimos256 View Post
    Well after another flight its definately not the rudder, if i do manage to lift off i have an effective rudder control, its insane torque that yaws the plane and if i do manage to lift off i tend to stall and the torque manages to flip the plane 2 full revolutions before it slams into the ground.
    Deimos,

It appears to be something in the air file. I copied the air file from the CH_Fw190A2_MGFF folder to the CH_Fw190A2 folder after renaming the original CH_Fw190A2 air file first to save it just in case.

That has fixed the crazy torque and made it possible to do a normal take-off.
    Barry

i guess ill do this as a stopgap fix, although its not significant, the mgffs change the weights around

Just hate this thing about "politically correct".
    If you want a historicaly correct texture you MUST have the swastika. Cannot understand why the separate download and option. We don´t like it but we cannot deny history. That will be a not so intelligent thing to do. It´s history Gentlemen, and I will never understand that small talk about "hurting feelings". It's History, it existed, it was completely wrong, but real. Can´t just deny or forget parts of it. For myself I will never buy a historically incorrect plane

Best regards

This addon is distributed out of Germany where its flat out illegal to display such markings, research before you step onto your soapbox. The swastikas take all of 2 minutes to add anyways.

As for the A2 the .air file swap works great.

Master of Disaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Just hate this thing about "politically correct".
    If you want a historicaly correct texture you MUST have the swastika. Cannot understand why the separate download and option. We don´t like it but we cannot deny history. That will be a not so intelligent thing to do. It´s history Gentlemen, and I will never understand that small talk about "hurting feelings". It's History, it existed, it was completely wrong, but real. Can´t just deny or forget parts of it. For myself I will never buy a historically incorrect plane

Best regards
    Simply it's against the law in Germany. And this is an OLD topic with many diffrent answers.
    If government was the answer, it was a stupid question!

It's not a case of being 'politcally correct', it's a case of LAW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strafgesetzbuch_%C2%A7_86a
    Forever lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    good one Mathias
    a mossie defender :friday:

well im having fun
    H
    Im pretty sure i read somewhere that it was a pretty big no no to fly with the canopy open, however I could be wrong

Well I've been flying around and I must say the flight modeling on this is really sweet. It's one that gives a real sense of riding on air, and it might be the most nimble and agile warbird I've flown. Flight models are one of those things where it either feels pleasing to me, or it does not. RealAir and A2A flight models are my favorite, although I think have to rank this one right up there with those two, as it is very enjoyable to fly.

I'm also in continual amazement of the model, textures and normals, as this thing is just as pleasing to look at as it is to fly. The 2048 resolution makes it look just striking, and the normals are about of the best I've ever seen. Plus the specular is just perfect for showing off the normals. All in all I'll name this to the top three warbirds available, along with the RealAir Spit and A2A Razorback. I'd even give it second place behind the Accu-sim Razorback, though that package is of course more expensive.

Just look at the fidelity here:

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem Quad @ 4.2GHz
    EVGA GTX260 216 710/2500MHz
    OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
    EVGA Intel X58

Oh, did I mention the gauges? Certainly these must be the most detailed and accurate gauges ever seen in FS. Would be a dream to see the whole VC made to the same fidelity as the guages, though I imagine that would hardly be practical for performance and dev time reasons. It's quite a treat to see even just the gauges modeled to this level.

When I saw that red handle above, I figured that must be the handle you pull for booze, but then I realized it says Rumpflast, and not Rump Flask. :costumes:

OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
    EVGA Intel X58

Quote Originally Posted by RudiJG1 View Post
    While I haven't experienced anything to that degree, I have noticed a oddity related to prop pitch.

When I attempted my first take off in an A4, I was stuck by how anemic and low powered the aircraft was...I barely cleared the trees at the end of the runway. After several flights in this plane, I've now discovered the reason: the prop was essentially feathered, and to address this, I had to manually advance prop pitch in order to get the thrust needed for a clean take-off. Once that's done, take-offs are a breeze, and the plane is very responsive.

I thought these Antons were all equipped with the Kommandogerät, which among other things, controls prop pitch. I should mention that after manually setting prop pitch for take-off, it appears to be automated by the Kommandogerät once airborne.

Is this accurate? I'm wondering if some of the plane's systems aren't being set properly by FSX when initially loaded.
    Hello Rudi,

not much we can do if your user-saved default flight has the rpm set to idle.
    Make sure that you boot off a saved flight that has the rpm set to max.
    I've also answered this at our support forum.
    Mathias

Quote Originally Posted by deimos256 View Post
    i cant figure out if the rudder isnt working or the engine is over-torquing, the rudder is definitely moving but the plane swings violently to the left, its a shame too because i like a lot of the paints for that model, i compared the cfg files for the a2 and the a2_mgff and the numbers are almost verbatim so im at a loss
    I'll have a look at it today, deimos.

EDIT: We've located and eleminated the issue.
    We'll make a patch available in the next days that adresses this one and the other things that have been reported.
    Thanks for your input, guys!
    Mathias

I had to go back in for one more round of shots.

OCZ Platinum CL7 6GB
    EVGA Intel X58

gajit
    I agree - the more you look the more you see fantastic modelling and texturing.

Im just hoping that the 110 will be the next out of their classic hangar.

Cheers SolarEagle, great shots there!
    Mathias

Ok, no need to be angry...just made a mistake out of ignorance or lack of memory...
    Anyway, understand that designers must obey national law, although I consider it to be a wrong or stupid law regarding historical facts. Mathias, if I may ask, have your team try to get permission for this purpose ? What to do then when we see, for example in NG Magazine tv programs about historical nazi era? They can´t obliterate every symbol...whats the difference? Think German government should look at this matter.
    Acept it if somekind of neonazis or anyone else, try to use nazy symbols for revivalist or political purposes.

Best regards

Beaufighter, I do not want to carry this any further but the law regarding this in Germany is very important to the German people. It is part of their legacy to the world on how the German people feel about what happened in Germany before and during WWII. You can correct the issue easly by downloading and installing the two textues I have uploaded her at SOH. It is a simple fix. Remember do not put them into the non German variants.

Hope this helps, Tom

Members who have read this thread: 46