USS Antietam CV-36 - US Navy first angled-deck carrier - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: USS Antietam CV-36 - US Navy first angled-deck carrier

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Will do that in a few days.... just no big problem.... but it means also to compile all the models for FSX and P3D another time. The textures also had to be changed.

Just now i`m playing around with CIMOGT`s USS Forrestal

You will find more information on this model in P3D section.

@ tgycgijoes

Richard ... your BB-34 USS NewYork is ready too. Must find a way to send it back to your hands. Hope that is ok for you.

greetings
    Klaus
    Klaus,
    Is CIMOGT's Forrestal only a P3D model, or will it work in FSX as well?
    Thanks.
    Deke

Hi Deke,

on selling it is said : Simulation platform: Lockheed Martin P3Dv4.X

Did not test it in FSX on myself.

greetings
    Klaus

USS Baltimore

OSU Kingfisher with the USS Baltimore CA-68

Back Aboard

When you figure how to use the crain to hoist the OS2U back on board on the catapult cradle let me know. LOL!!! I have been told that's not possible but if a helo can hoist a load in FSX then why can't a cruiser or battleship. I found a way to cheat which will be in my new post here this coming week on catapults and seaplanes. I have just finished "hard platforms" on each catapult of my BB's and Cruisers. Please don't take this wrong, your Kingfisher has the wrong national insignia for 1943-1945. This photo was taken in 1944 after this OS2U rescued a downed pilot and has returned for recovery to the Baltimore.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Kingfisher from USS Baltimore CA68 in Truk Lagoon rescuing a downed pilot 1944.jpg  

I tinkered with cat's on some of the old battle wagons when they were released. Here is the OS2U on Arizona.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Nice Photos

I am going for the pre-war colorful textures on the seaplanes. I was only doing the Seagulls but finding that some of these BB's in the 20's and early 30's had O2U Corsairs, I will be doing them as well for Tom Wintrows which I will be trying to make FSX native once I find out how to add the props and reanimate them. That is a long term project in FSDS.

On the catapult aboard USS New Mexico which I have added the platform to. I will start my new thread tomorrow so we quit hijacking the USS Antietam with Battleships and seaplanes and have somewhere to post all these photos and screenshots.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 23063768165_b977d44c2f_b.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    When you figure how to use the crain to hoist the OS2U back on board on the catapult cradle let me know. LOL!!! I have been told that's not possible
    Imagine an invisible aircraft carrier elevator that extends just below sea level, when raised it could swing over the deck, then drop down a bit.
    Not easy admittedly.

If this can be done in MDCx

If an invisible aircraft elevator could be attached in MDCx then that just might work. Worth trying. At worst we won't be any worse off then we are now getting the seaplane back on the catapult of at least the deck. Interesting concept.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    First one of the updated version. Much shorter catapult and crewman out of the way.

greetings
    Klaus
    Hello Klaus - maybe I missed it - but did this get finished? I love these older, early angled deck USN boats.

Hope you're well, and thanks again.

dl

USS Antietam CV-36

Its in the Warbirds Library. Just word search for Antietam and you will find it by itself with the 5"38cal guns I requested Klaus to add to it being the first one converted with them left on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tgycgijoes View Post
    Its in the Warbirds Library. Just word search for Antietam and you will find it by itself with the 5"38cal guns I requested Klaus to add to it being the first one converted with them left on.
    Thanks for the redirect, Richard - much appreciated!

dl

delta_lima,
    Just FYI... I don't believe Klaus has uploaded the modified Antietam with the shortened starboard catapult and fewer people (per your pic above) so if you launch off Cat #1 you'll be real close to the 5"/38 mount. For some reason my tail-dragger planes don't seem to like either cat, they bounce up and down and fail to engage the bridle. If you experience the same thing (or not) pls comment.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TARPSBird View Post
    delta_lima,
    Just FYI... I don't believe Klaus has uploaded the modified Antietam with the shortened starboard catapult and fewer people (per your pic above) so if you launch off Cat #1 you'll be real close to the 5"/38 mount. For some reason my tail-dragger planes don't seem to like either cat, they bounce up and down and fail to engage the bridle. If you experience the same thing (or not) pls comment.
    Hi TP,

Sorry - I didn't see your post/question until now. Yeah, that was the thrust of my question, but seeing the latest version still had the forward guns, I assumed it was the end of the road for the project.

I do have sporadic issues attaching to the cat too, unfortunately.

Judging from his recent posts it looks like Klaus may have shifted his interest to P3D so we may have to be happy and grateful for the huge carrier force he has already given us.

Blog Entries
    Thanks TB,

I'm on P3Dv4.5, so I think the cat attach issue spans the platforms. That said, most of his other ships work quite nicely, so going with glass half full

cheers,

dl

Members who have read this thread: 1