Ground Object Density Setting?

Thread: Ground Object Density Setting?

Queeg

Ground Object Density Setting?

What does the Ground Object Density Setting do in the Workshop? That is, versus what the Scenery Detail slider does in the config file?

Thanks.

gimpyguy
    Back in Phase II There was 5 settings on Density settings, on the higher settings, the trees looked better, fuel leaks could actually be seen, but you get nothing for nothing. Your FPS went down.

By the same token, on the Lower settings everything looked bland, but your FPS went up. A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do

One of our members was talking 75 FPS, he's a candidate to UP the Density. While the guy running AGP can benifit from the Low setting

Not being a Developer, I can't swear, but 2 + 2 = 4

Queeg
    Thanks. On my machine at least, the scenery slider seems to put a bigger FPS hit than using the high density setting. That is, scenery slider 3 with high density runs better than slider 4 with medium density. And looks about the same to my tired eyes.

Siggi
    The slider sets how far the scenery is drawn from the plane. The density sets how much stuff is drawn within that range.

Scenery slider at 1, density at low, you'll see trees up to one mile away, ten trees every 50ft.

Scenery slider at 1, density at high, you'll see trees up to one mile away, forty trees every 50ft.

Not real numbers, just for example.

Members who have read this thread: 0