Virtavia is remastering the Neptune

Thread: Virtavia is remastering the Neptune

Virtavia is remastering the Neptune

Check out the news here. They're going to include Neptune fire bombers in the update.

Sounds like there are going to be some great improvements...A must buy for me.Kent

Stickied it to the top since it has been released, as mentioned afore.
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

While i love the neptune, looking at the images this one is not for me

on a positive note at least is under 20 euro, which affordable for some who will go down that path

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Shame they didn't smooth out that clunky radar bulge underneath..
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

I'll pass.
    As my Father flew Neptunes late in his RAAF career I'd be first in line for a current level 'Neppie', but not this rehash.
    Fair enough price but.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

I can't wait to buy this tonight. It's not like we're going to get a Neptune fire bomber from any one else.

Also available at the new Flightsim.com store. $18.95

Until a better one comes out, this one will do for me.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I picked it up and you're definitely getting what you pay for with it. After I redo the panel lines, rivets and add some PBR im sure this will be a nice little addition to my tanker fleet.

The flight model seems improved, the VC is a bit improved, the animations though...not so much (my big issue is that the jet intake doors are no longer animated as they are in real life. Instead of being operable in flight like the real airplane— and like they did on the previous model, they are now coded to close automatically when the engines are off and the airplane is on the ground— like a ground intake cover. Bummer to me....YMMV.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by tankerguy72 View Post
    I picked it up and you're definitely getting what you pay for with it. After I redo the panel lines, rivets and add some PBR im sure this will be a nice little addition to my tanker fleet.
    I picked it up as well tonight. Thing needs a ton of work like I stated on the group's page. Needs custom sounds, PBR, flight dynamics, and some other tweaks for sure.

I'll just flat out say it. If you're looking for a vastly improved version. This isn't it. Updated, yes. It's still pretty bare bones and you do get what you pay for (about a $5 value per model). Compared to the old Alphasim P-2 Neptune this is based on, this one is pretty much the same. Flight dynamics are still lack luster and unrealistic. Aircraft is devoid of payload stations, and doesn't have a true 4 engine setup. Sounds were marginally updated (still doesn't do the Neptune ANY justice). Cockpit is still the same old pixelated parts from FS2004/FSX Alphasim version, with some improvements done in the cockpit. I'm at least happy they included the tanker versions. Those are really all I'll fly to be honest (and why I bought it). They are both Minden Air Corps' birds though. They say 2 different models for fire bombers, but it's really the same model without some windows on either side near the nose as far as I've noticed.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails neptune1.jpg  

Aerial Firefighting Aircraft Development & Simulation Group
    Simulated Air Tanker Operations Facebook! <<click
    SATO Youtube Channel! <<click

Members who have read this thread: 0