Aerosoft E .E. Lightning drag chute

Thread: Aerosoft E .E. Lightning drag chute

Aerosoft E .E. Lightning drag chute

I Have been been out enjoying my Aerosoft Lightnings, but I am unable to discard the chute once I reach a speed when it is no longer necessary. Can't push in the cockpit handle. Question: How to jettison the chute? I know I can probably find it in my manual, but it is not in the listed location (in my Aerosoft folder).Best regards to all,Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    I Have been been out enjoying my Aerosoft Lightnings, but I am unable to discard the chute once I reach a speed when it is no longer necessary. Can't push in the cockpit handle. Question: How to jettison the chute? I know I can probably find it in my manual, but it is not in the listed location (in my Aerosoft folder).Best regards to all,Bill
    The actual location varies between marks, but the release is always on the left side of the main panel. Look around the chute deployment handle. It is a tan button. Some are labeled Chute Jett on the panel next to the button, some have the word CHUTE printed directly on the button. Which version are you flying? Early, late or trainer? I have most my hours in XS422.

Hi Josh,

I fly all the single seat versions, but do not normally fly the Lightning Training Flight (LTF) aircraft. I use SDB's Binbrook, Leuchars and Luqa for air bases.

Check your Private Messages.

Regards,

Bill

ps: Can anyone reading this tell me which RAF Squadron textures are supplied by Aerosoft in their T.5 lightning?

Bad wording on my part. SDB makes an excellent RAF Binbrook, but they do not make my Leuchars or Luqa (now Malta International).

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Gold View Post
    Bad wording on my part. SDB makes an excellent RAF Binbrook, but they do not make my Leuchars or Luqa (now Malta International).

Bill
    Occasionally I get to wear this!
    Which is why I'm baised towards XS422!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20200424_103155.jpg  

Hi Bill
    The T5's in RAF Squadrons are 226OCU,LTF,Cyprus Training Flight,11 Sqn green,11 Sqn gray,Cyprus APC 1980,74 Squadron(T. Mk.4), Then there is a Thunder City repaint,Empire Test Pilots School repaint and a Cranfield paint.

Regards Paul Day.

Found these just recently:

Brake chute can be deployed if assigned to the CABIN SEATBELTS ALERT SWITCH
    Brake chute can be released if assigned to the CABIN NO SMOKING ALERT SWITCH

Geoff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-9-22-14-29-14-223.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 0