Free Sea Fury

Thread: Free Sea Fury

Free Sea Fury

Hi All,

If you're struggling with cabin fever and don't already have it I've uploaded the old Flying Stations Sea Fury model on my blog. There's a P3Dv4 specific version which has 64 bit dll gauges.

Skippy

WOW! That is very generous of you guys, thank you so much, will give it a shot!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

It works fantastic in v4. I've had it since original release. Great aircraft! Thanks, Skippy.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Blog Entries
    Hi - and as I said the FSX thread - many thanks, Skippy!

The installer created a set of files I found a bit unusual. Thankfully I installed to a temporary desktop file.

Apart from the effects, the contents of the simobjects was weird. I expected the plane itself to be in an "airplane" subfolder, and the stores (RATOG, tanks, etc.) to be in the "misc" folder, where I'm accustomed to find installers will want to locate them. Am I right that there's an intermediate layer of folders missing, and that we'll have to manually drag them as per my guess above?

Secondarily, the addon xml - will I need to do anything with that if I've already got an addons xml that links my addons which are located on a off-the-main-P3D folder location? I think not, as that file already covers calls for simobject, effects, sound, etc. locations.

thanks again,

dl

Fantastic! Many thanks for your generous gift! This is one of those models I always intended to pick up back when the Flying Stations site was online, but always procrastinated. I'm really glad to see it resurface.
    -Mark

Quote Originally Posted by delta_lima View Post
    Hi - and as I said the FSX thread - many thanks, Skippy!

The installer created a set of files I found a bit unusual. Thankfully I installed to a temporary desktop file.

Apart from the effects, the contents of the simobjects was weird. I expected the plane itself to be in an "airplane" subfolder, and the stores (RATOG, tanks, etc.) to be in the "misc" folder, where I'm accustomed to find installers will want to locate them. Am I right that there's an intermediate layer of folders missing, and that we'll have to manually drag them as per my guess above?

Secondarily, the addon xml - will I need to do anything with that if I've already got an addons xml that links my addons which are located on a off-the-main-P3D folder location? I think not, as that file already covers calls for simobject, effects, sound, etc. locations.

thanks again,

dl
    Hi, the installer will default to the P3Dv4 Add-Ons folder in your My Documents folder. It turns out P3D doesn't really care what the SimObject is but it was my first P3Dv4 add-on so the lack of sub-folders wasn't intentional! However if you've got your own set up then as you've said above, put the aircraft in the airplane folder and everything else in misc. The addon.xml will be redundant as yours will already be pointing to the correct locations, in fact copying into your folder structure may cause problems!

Blog Entries
    Thanks Skippy,

Nice to see you around, btw.

Got the RATOGs and stores to work as they did in the old days - great stuff. I noticed that with DaveQ's super RCN paint (available here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...2&linkid=16289) I get a strange texturing effect on the windscreen frame and side rails. Anyone else notice this with any repaints?

Last small detail I noticed is that when the stores (rockets or bombs are released, there seems to be no impact or explosion effect. I thought I recall from the FSX days that there was an effect of some sort - can you confirm that, Skippy? No biggie if there is not effect - I love that you can fire the stores at all, just trying to see if maybe an effect was missing or something.

cheers,

dl

Thanks Skippy,

Nice to see you around, btw.

Got the RATOGs and stores to work as they did in the old days - great stuff. I noticed that with DaveQ's super RCN paint (available here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...2&linkid=16289) I get a strange texturing effect on the windscreen frame and side rails. Anyone else notice this with any repaints?

Last small detail I noticed is that when the stores (rockets or bombs are released, there seems to be no impact or explosion effect. I thought I recall from the FSX days that there was an effect of some sort - can you confirm that, Skippy? No biggie if there is not effect - I love that you can fire the stores at all, just trying to see if maybe an effect was missing or something.

cheers,

dl
    dl,

There should be a flyingstations_1000lb.fx in the effects folder, which seems to be what's called for when they hit the ground. If that's not working I'm struggling to remember if there were any issues with it?!

Skippy

Yes. Those parts are picking up white-on-black text from an area of the texture that contains the words "YOUR paint on this layer," obviously a message from a paint kit that Dave neglected to paint over. You can edit the DDS in GIMP and black out that area. I was able to edit the texture in GIMP and make that go away. Corrected the RCN roundel styles while I was at it.

August

Members who have read this thread: 0