Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Thread: Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Hybrid View

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by DCA1161 View Post
    All mine C-47s with PBR makes P3D crash.
    Roy
    Same here, all my C-47's cause a CTD . Any work arounds?

Quote Originally Posted by aguiar View Post
    Same here, all my C-47's cause a CTD . Any work arounds?
    Disable the windshield.dll in the C-47 folder. It's the same dll that causes the A2A models to crash.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

The Just Flight Hawk T1A has a V5 Installer. Although the screen in external view is black against clear sky but all ok when you are in cockpit.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    Disable the windshield.dll in the C-47 folder. It's the same dll that causes the A2A models to crash.
    Hi Paiken, I couldn't find a windshield.dll in the C47 folder, neither in the panel or anywhere else inside the C-47 folder. Thanks anyway

All Cr1 commercial addons are up to date now. Look for a release very soon.

Thanks for your support!
    Cr1-Software.Ltd
    www.cr1-software.com

Your source for fine Flight Simulation enhancements!

Hi Paiken, I couldn't find a windshield.dll in the C47 folder, neither in the panel or anywhere else inside the C-47 folder. Thanks anyway
    Go to the main P3D 'Gauges' folder and it will be found there. Either rename the file so that it doesn't get accessed, or simply delete it. Any aircraft that is tied to that windshield.dll by A2A Simulations will cause a CTD unless that file is disabled by renaming or removed.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Go to the main P3D 'Gauges' folder and it will be found there. Either rename the file so that it doesn't get accessed, or simply delete it. Any aircraft that is tied to that windshield.dll by A2A Simulations will cause a CTD unless that file is disabled by renaming or removed.
    Thanks John, I couldn't find a windshield.dll though

In the case of the Manfred C-47 in particular, the windshield.dll file is likely present within the 'C47' folder within the aircraft's 'Panel' folder (sorry, I'm away from my FS computer right now so I'm going off of memory).
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

another one that works: Milton's A-20
    2020-4-28_21-58-22-425
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Some various aircraft I've used so-far in P3Dv5, with no issues.

Alabeo Staggerwing

Alabeo Pitts

Alabeo Gee Bee

Carenado Bonanza

Carenado Cessna 185

Carenado Mentor

Carenado Cessna Skymaster

Carenado Beech 18

Alabeo Cessna 170

Alabeo Waco

Craig Richardson Icon A5

Craig Richardson Sopwith Camel (and GAS Old Rhinebeck scenery!)

In my computer the file is located in the "SimObjects/Airplanes/Douglas_c_47_PBR/panel" folder. It's called Windshield.dll. Just add _bak to the file name and you should be good to go.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    In my computer the file is located in the "SimObjects/Airplanes/Douglas_c_47_PBR/panel" folder. It's called Windshield.dll. Just add _bak to the file name and you should be good to go.
    Got it working now, guys. Thanks a lot

Francisco Aguiar

Skunkworks have released V5 versions of the Fiat G-91 and F-104G and S, as separate V5 models.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Skunkworks have released V5 versions of the Fiat G-91 and F-104G and S, as separate V5 models.
    Anyone know if there are changes besides the installer? I just bought the P3D F-104G a couple of weeks ago (for money, about a week before the giveaway) and haven't even had time to install it yet. Given the low low 10 euro price, I could buy it again if needed for V5, but wondering if there are actual differences or if V4 works okay in V5.

GAS Aircraft

All GAS models are compatible with V5. That said creating an installer for it using Install Creator Pro is causing an issue with erroring out whereas it does not for V4. If installing for V5 best to create a temp file extract the bits to that and manually add to V5 folders.

Members +

DHC-4 Caribou in P3dv5.2

Hello guys,
    Is there any Caribou compatible to P3dv5.2?
    Would the Virtavia work?
    Thanks

IRIS Simulations Pilatus PC-24

This bird seems to be erased from their (IRIS) inventory. But it works fine in P3D5.3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EUc2GQB.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	88369

Bought it back in 2016 and have some found some nice paint jobs.

Also the cockpit does its job

Name:	OZxgS8G.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	88370

Why was this abandoned?

Name:	xoeilFc.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	88371
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

another one that works: Paul's lovely Grumman (bad) Duck)

and the Real Air Spit:

and one that doesn't like the PBR:
    You can find most of my repaints for FSX/P3D in the library here on the outhouse.
    For MFS paints go to flightsim.to

Flight Replicas collection of 'Cubs' runs really well. Nice one Mike.

And as usual, the RealAir Duke is as good as ever!

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 64