Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Thread: Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by aguiar View Post
    Hi Paiken, I couldn't find a windshield.dll in the C47 folder, neither in the panel or anywhere else inside the C-47 folder. Thanks anyway
    In my computer the file is located in the "SimObjects/Airplanes/Douglas_c_47_PBR/panel" folder. It's called Windshield.dll. Just add _bak to the file name and you should be good to go.
    Expect banging, belching and an occasional manly fart as you roar down the runway at full power. (I have found that the engine can make similar noises)

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by paiken View Post
    In my computer the file is located in the "SimObjects/Airplanes/Douglas_c_47_PBR/panel" folder. It's called Windshield.dll. Just add _bak to the file name and you should be good to go.
    Got it working now, guys. Thanks a lot

Francisco Aguiar

Skunkworks have released V5 versions of the Fiat G-91 and F-104G and S, as separate V5 models.

Quote Originally Posted by keithb77 View Post
    Skunkworks have released V5 versions of the Fiat G-91 and F-104G and S, as separate V5 models.
    Anyone know if there are changes besides the installer? I just bought the P3D F-104G a couple of weeks ago (for money, about a week before the giveaway) and haven't even had time to install it yet. Given the low low 10 euro price, I could buy it again if needed for V5, but wondering if there are actual differences or if V4 works okay in V5.

The G-91 had a PBR update available for V4.5, so I'm thinking that might look a bit odd in V5, but the aircraft itself should work fine. As far as I know, none of the F-104's were ever given PBR, so they should work fine "as is".

Since SSW installers use a .dll for the copy protection stuff, I have no idea whether anything in V5 breaks that, but I'd think it should work.

It's not an aircraft but if you like Navy types then you have probably used AI Carriers. The .Net version works fine in P3Dv5.

So does the RFN Carrier Gauge and RFN Radar.

And of course their new F-8E(FN)/J Crusader.

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    The G-91 had a PBR update available for V4.5, so I'm thinking that might look a bit odd in V5, but the aircraft itself should work fine. As far as I know, none of the F-104's were ever given PBR, so they should work fine "as is".

Since SSW installers use a .dll for the copy protection stuff, I have no idea whether anything in V5 breaks that, but I'd think it should work.
    The DLL is still there but apparently no need for the keyless installer step and no green message at runtime.
    I have the G91 and 104G (both work OK in P3Dv5, not got the menu interaction working yet) so bought the 104S - compared to the P3Dv4.5 104G there is little difference and most of the files in the _new_ 104S are _very_ old.
    If it's just an installer change then it's odd to have a new model, but they have been very generous lately so not worrying too much...but right now wouldn't buy a V5 aircraft if I had the V4.5 version.
    Cheers
    Keith
    Last edited by keithb77; April 25th, 2020 at 02:01. Reason: Corrections

No problem for me with A2A Accu Feel v2 64bits in P3Dv5.
    https://a2asimulations.com/forum/vie...p?f=87&t=70319 .
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

GAS Aircraft

All GAS models are compatible with V5. That said creating an installer for it using Install Creator Pro is causing an issue with erroring out whereas it does not for V4. If installing for V5 best to create a temp file extract the bits to that and manually add to V5 folders.

For those of you that have been able to get the Aerosoft F-14 installed to v5. Has anyone had an issue with departing a carrier, either Javier's Nimitz or the Kitty Hawk?

I can get hooked to the catapult and start the cat shot, but at the end of stroke the Tomcat immediately goes to the top of the water and continues moving forward. I am unable to rotate or pitch up to climb. To see if it was carrier related or aircraft, I tried Dino's T45 and was able to depart normally.

Anyone else seeing this or have an idea on how to fix it?

Thanks,
    Bill

MILVIZ just announced their T-38A ADV Redux is now V5 compatible through a free MVAMS update...

Kent

Members +

DHC-4 Caribou in P3dv5.2

Hello guys,
    Is there any Caribou compatible to P3dv5.2?
    Would the Virtavia work?
    Thanks

aguiar - not that I am aware of. Had it in FSX but it would not install into P3DV5.

DHC-4 Caribou in P3dv5.2

Hi BendyFlyer and Aguilar

Just a few days ago I bought the T-34C FSX and installed it in P3D5.2. I works without any problem. I use most of my FSX Virtavia planes in P3D5.2. The only one I know that needed an upgrade was the Seaking helicopter.

BendyFlyer, can't you try it for us in P3D5.2? If I remember correctly, you can specify any path during installation and then copy the files into P3D. I'm pretty sure it will run but it doesn't look contemporary I fear.

Regards

Dan

P.S. Best price for these older products you get a PCAviator. Check October sales Virtavia.

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    aguiar - not that I am aware of. Had it in FSX but it would not install into P3DV5.
    Thanks, I was afraid of that.

CT-4

This rework of a Frat Bros CT4 turned up at SimAviation recently. Not strictly a CT4B but the 300 HP NZ version. Credible effort, a little rough here and there but a bit of fun! This is the old Victa Airtourer aka CT4 used by the RAAF for basic pilot training for nearly 50 years. Where else but Tamworth!

ORBX YSTW with AU2

IRIS Simulations Pilatus PC-24

This bird seems to be erased from their (IRIS) inventory. But it works fine in P3D5.3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EUc2GQB.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	88369

Bought it back in 2016 and have some found some nice paint jobs.

Also the cockpit does its job

Name:	OZxgS8G.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	88370

Why was this abandoned?

Name:	xoeilFc.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	88371
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Like the other Devs of late, I suspect it was abandoned for MSFS 2020 (mo' money bro $$$)

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t...to-msfs/418790

Care to answer some questions I PM/email to you?

Here is their email addy, maybe you can ask them

http://help@irissimulations.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by blaunarwal View Post
    This bird seems to be erased from their (IRIS) inventory. But it works fine in P3D5.3

Name:	EUc2GQB.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	88369

Bought it back in 2016 and have some found some nice paint jobs.

Also the cockpit does its job

Name:	OZxgS8G.jpg 
Views:	402 
Size:	209.0 KB 
ID:	88370

Why was this abandoned?

Name:	xoeilFc.jpg 
Views:	399 
Size:	165.6 KB 
ID:	88371

Corby Starlet

Craig Richardson's delightful little Corby Starlet. Australian designed lighty (really an ultralight by todays standards) if you wanted one you had to build it yourself. The used to have VW 4 cyl engines in them. You get the basics but for a simple ultralight to check out the scenery or just have a bit of fun. Cannot fault it anyway. This one was an FSX aeroplane and turned up as a P3DV5 model and available at Rickoo.

Aerosoft DR400X

Name:	cnPdjVI.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	286.8 KB 
ID:	88644

A plane for FSX seen here in P3D5.3 HF2. Only mod necessary is to change "hydraulic_system_scalar = 0.0" inside the brake section. Great plane for VFR. There are several types in this package with older GPS and you have to watch engine temperature and rpms.
    Scene is in the area of Chambéry, France, near Geneva. Textures are from ORBX Global and Terra Emergence Project https://aleclercqcreations.blogspot....e-project.html
    The texture of the plane is HB-KFV, think I got from Aerosoft Forum.

Name:	GTV5fLp.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	383.6 KB 
ID:	88645

And here the rather old fashioned cockpit. There are more modern ones in the package

Name:	59eF3iK.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	234.6 KB 
ID:	88646

Regards

Dan
    WIN11, P3D5 on SSD
    Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, i13900K, Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
    KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, 64 GB DDR5-5600, Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Craig Richardson's delightful little Corby Starlet. Australian designed lighty (really an ultralight by todays standards) if you wanted one you had to build it yourself. The used to have VW 4 cyl engines in them. You get the basics but for a simple ultralight to check out the scenery or just have a bit of fun. Cannot fault it anyway. This one was an FSX aeroplane and turned up as a P3DV5 model and available at Rickoo.

She would be a nifty little rocket if fitted with a 2 Litre Porsche 90 Super.......
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Members who have read this thread: 67