Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5 - Page 10
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

The Comanche works perfect in P3Dv5.3 just point the install to your P3Dv5 and away you go
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    The Comanche works perfect in P3Dv5.3 just point the install to your P3Dv5 and away you go
    Thanks for the info ... but since I bought it, because they said on AVSIM that there was an updated installer for V5.
    I have a strange issue with the landing lights - do you have that ?

Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    Hello Kalus, do You have his permission for this upload?
    Yes... now i have the permission to do this update. So just last things to do on this models and then the upload will come within this week

Just landed on "Fliegerhorst Trondheim". Working AI traffic in background.

greetings
    Klaus
    Last edited by klnowak; February 8th, 2022 at 09:20.

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Yes... now i have the permission to do this update. So just last things to do on this models and then the upload will come within this week
    greetings
    Klaus
    Hooray! Will this include the C-0 transport? I have some what-if airline schemes that need doing...

Outstanding work
    Best regards, Manfred.

Thanks Klaus, can you look also on canopy textures before compilation? Do You use v5?
    I installed this civilan version of Condor day before and what I noticed that it looks like no texture (or wrong material) on external canopy, it's too transparent, no any glass effect. TY!
    When I did conversion of FSX models it was popular problem for P3Dv5. I solved it in Model Converter X (in materials option).

In your model this issue I think exist still. Check Your turret (its ok for me, shiny and glass effect), but not on the canopy:

In P3Dv5 it will probably look even worse (more transparent). I noticed also no frames if you look trough this external canopy on oposide side.
    Last edited by YoYo; February 8th, 2022 at 14:13.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rallymodeller View Post
    Hooray! Will this include the C-0 transport? I have some what-if airline schemes that need doing...
    C0 Transport

greetings
    Klaus

Klaus,
    I am really looking forward to your release, but I have a question please.

The "shine" depicted in that screenshot of the transport variant seems much more muted than it does in all the other screenshots. Will your release versions have the glossy shine or the muted shine, or will the level of shine vary between the different model variants ?

Thanks in advance for all your work on this,
    Ro

Quote Originally Posted by rohan View Post
    Klaus,
    I am really looking forward to your release, but I have a question please.

The "shine" depicted in that screenshot of the transport variant seems much more muted than it does in all the other screenshots. Will your release versions have the glossy shine or the muted shine, or will the level of shine vary between the different model variants ?

Thanks in advance for all your work on this,
    Ro

All the models will look like this one. Did a little work to all of them today. The shine was to much on all the models.

greetings
    Klaus

This is example of this issue in P3Dv5, what I wrote before.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

No my lights work fine
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    No my lights work fine
    lights work fine. P3D and FSX use the same effects.

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    All the models will look like this one. Did a little work to all of them today. The shine was to much on all the models.

greetings
    Klaus
    Thanks very much for the update, Klaus . . .

DH-100 recived P3Dv5 update (free for owners) but the price for new customers is on the same, very high level:
    https://secure.simmarket.com/swissmi...ig.-p3d5.phtml .

FW Condor

Klaus - Reference the Condor - I noticed that Kietel had used a sound package he had developed from the default FSX DC-3 Pratt and Whitney's. I actually found on the net some old footage of the Condor and the engines were a little different sounding to my ear. I went searching and finally found some old sound packages for the German Bramo Engines. I have reworked these with Kietel's sound config architecture so now it has realistic Bramo Engine Sounds (I think the engine was also used in the FW190 which is where they originally came from). Anyhow if you PM me I will get you the package - see what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Klaus - Reference the Condor - I noticed that Kietel had used a sound package he had developed from the default FSX DC-3 Pratt and Whitney's. I actually found on the net some old footage of the Condor and the engines were a little different sounding to my ear. I went searching and finally found some old sound packages for the German Bramo Engines. I have reworked these with Kietel's sound config architecture so now it has realistic Bramo Engine Sounds (I think the engine was also used in the FW190 which is where they originally came from). Anyhow if you PM me I will get you the package - see what you think.
    PM send

greetings
    Klaus

FWIW - For those without a German language ability and who find some of the performance data obscure - here is a short notepad document giving the key speeds, weights, fuel etc etc for the Condor.

CONDOR NOTES.txt

Warbirdsims Mustangs Compatibility question

I read somewhere, the Warbirdsim Mustang Tales is compatible with P3D5 but other packages not. Is there a final package, combining all releases?

Are other packages like Little Friends I and II, the Then and Now Series also compatible? Officially they are all FSX only.

Thanks

Dan

Mustangs Warbirdsim and A2A

Quote Originally Posted by blaunarwal View Post
    I read somewhere, the Warbirdsim Mustang Tales is compatible with P3D5 but other packages not. Is there a final package, combining all releases?

Are other packages like Little Friends I and II, the Then and Now Series also compatible? Officially they are all FSX only.

Thanks

Dan
    I got the "Mustang Tales" package from Warbirdsim which works perfectly in P3D5.3. It is not as photoreal as the A2A product but the flight characteristics are much better than from the officially P3D5 compatible A2A product. The A2A Mustangs seems to seak a realism, I can't really handle. It tends to pull to one side and often stalls. I never use realism settings in P3D since it is hard to use it with my stick and throttle. I already had to modify the tuning section of the aircraft.cfg but still do crash too often, due to rotation effects and stalls which seem not affected by the insim realism settings.

The model from Warbirdsim is just excellent, made so good, it is still perfect in P3D5. I wonder, why they never promoted it for P3D.

Dan
    Last edited by blaunarwal; March 8th, 2022 at 23:57.

Handley Page 42

Rediscovered this oldie - lost my rebuild of it some time ago in a HD crash!. Yes has a VC now to redo all that work to tidy itall up again. Something fascinating about cruising the countryside at 90 knots in this old Imperial Airways chugger.

A certain Dutch designer Mr Fokker when seeing one described it as " Having a built in headwind" indeed it did. Imperial used them for a decade never pranged one or killed a pax!

Noorduyn Norseman C64

This one was lurking in the library and while some work had been done on it to get it into P3D it still needs a bit of work to replace guages etc to get a reasonable outcome. Still not bad. Still updating it to my satisfaction and this is a trial paint in the colours of Falkland Islands Air Service who operated one out of Port Stanley for quite a few years.

Ruth Airbus A300 B

Given up on JF finishing or releasing the A300 for P3D. Dug around and came up with the old FSX Thomas Ruth A300B1/2/4 models. Fully functional VC (apart from the FMC) and apart from some dated textures here and there not bad at all - shall we say respectable (AVSIM would be the goto)

Found a FSL Spotlight ini which fixed the panel lights and there are a few stray liveries about as well. Might not be study level but not totally light either. Looks pretty good and performs well as far as one can tell.

Australian Airlines ex TAC now in Qantas colours.

The VC.

There is also a PBR 600 model but it needs a payware guage addon program to be fully functional but otherwise nice work on the rest.

Fletcher FU24

This is another freeware gem - found at Rikoo seems it was a payware model now like a lot of other FSX stuff dumped out for those who want it. Very high quality model all over. Has functional spreader and effects. There were quite a few of these floating about Oz and NZ (might even still be the odd one). Strictly a low level round the paddock machine although the Kiwis had a few converted to let those with the need jump out of them!

Might as well get these and enjoy P3D it will be another few years before MSFS comes good!

The mighty Fletcher

The cockpit (all works) nice job.

And doing some dusting work:

Razbam metroliner and p3dv5

A few thoughts and findings on the Metroliner and P3DV5. First there were numerous threads about a number of issues the plagued the Metro in FSX. Bjoern did a number of mods and his package is still available but the caveat is that it is mostly applicable to FSX or P3D V1-3 only. So here is what I have come up with as semi-final assessment. Yes you can install this into P3DV5 and you will get a 90% functional aircraft. All the textures, animations etc all work no problem. I cross checked this with how it worked in FSX and here is what is the problem and here is what will not work:

The PWR FAIL light on the main panel remains on. The Torque, FF, Fuel Quantity and OAT temp guages and the Annunciator panel will not work. All the other stuff works all the main switches, navaids, AP pop up etc.

The issue is simple but a major show stopper - the original FSX model required an addon dll file called MM3SM.dll - this was a custom made dll that allowed for the interconnection of various components (Many of which are built into the model and cannot be swapped out). It was also clear from the original work done by Bjoern that this dll also had been created with the possible intention and having a highly realistic electrical system so a lot of gauges that rely on that part of the electrical system just cannot work without it. The bad news this is a 32 bit dll. Nothing can get it to work in a 64 bit system, no xml addon, no dll mods can overcome this issue.

But you will get a nice looking Metro in P3DV5 perfectly flyable with no other problems, all the navaids work, HSI instruments etc all can be tuned and the AP is completely functional as well. Sound is good, handling is good and it is still a very high quality product graphically. You will just have to igore the fact of the engine instruments no torque or FF or Fuel Quantity (all the rest are fine and you get the Fuel Quantity off the GPS unit which works anyway - go figure) and the annuciator panel is not working at all and the annoying PWR fail light is on (now actually it is correct it is on because there is a power failure in part of the system). A real shame given the level of quality everywhere else in this one!

So thats that!

RealAir Beech B60 Duke

This might be my last post here on the compatability thread - I have done all I could with a lot of stuff. Time to sit back and enjoy what is really now an amazing collection of sim models. Anyhow here goes, saved the best for last.

Anybody lucky enough to have got the RealAir Beechcraft B60 before they shut up shop will not be dissapointed. I managed to get an updated installer for P3DV4 from them for this - always grateful. This is still without a doubt the nicest and most realistic general aviation twin ever done for flight simulation. Great modelling, beautiful textures, perfect flight behaviour and well just a delight to fly in the sim. I have flown a lot of Beechcraft in my time from the humble Skipper to the King Air - they have a distinctive touch and always a pilots aeroplane with manners! So is the RealAir Duke. 10/10 and works perfectly in P3DV5.3 enough said!

Members who have read this thread: 65