Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5 - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Piglet's Skyraiders work rather well with exception of a couple of texture anomalies the only seem (so far) to be confined to the USAF versions underwing stores. The Navy AD seems fine.

Another working as usual one of Nigel's AVRO collection, the civilian PWS.

"Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

Has anyone figured out if there's actually a difference in the aircraft for the Sim Skunk Works V5 installers, or is it just a new installer
    I've bought the Tornado, there are very few files in the airplane folder that changed in 2020 - 3 VBS install scripts, 2 DLLs (panavia.dll and pa200radar.dll) and the default profile...
    Cheers
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by dhazelgrove View Post
    I have certainly done this with quite a few of my items -- the SSW F-4 and allied products, as an example.
    All you have to do is copy the appropriate entries in "add-ons.cfg". Renumber them, but don't change where they're pointing. This is only for those items you have external to the sim.
    Those items you've installed in the sim proper will have to be moved the hard way, or re-installed.

Some products do have a dedicated P3Dv5 version (the Bookmark J35J Draken, for example), so you'd need to check/change if required.

I'm afraid I can't say if the Zipper/G-91, etc are new versions. I haven't a clue.

Dave
    Any joy with the Tweet, I have tried to install it but it cannot pick up the P3D.exe.

The DC Design F/A-18 now comes with a P3D V5 Installer.

Has anyone tried the Milviz F-100D in V5 with success? I know their "ADV" aircraft are all hard broke...and I suspect the F-100D, although not labled as "ADV" is probably the same...but just wondered if by chance anyone tried and succeeded with it.

Kent

Yep the F-100 is not working for me nor is the T-38.

The Just Flight Meteor is working.

Quote Originally Posted by noddy View Post
    The Just Flight Meteor is working.
    Hilarious you would bring that up...since I am hankering for my T-38A ADV Redux too....and I downloaded and installed the Meteor last night. The only thing I hate is that the Meteor skins are now shiny in V5.

Kent

The RAZBAM TacPack A-7 SLUF seems to work -- even if we have to wait for TacPack.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2020-4-29_19-34-35-175.jpg   2020-4-29_19-33-12-953.jpg  

Yep the F-100 is not working for me nor is the T-38.
    Noddy, just installed the Milviz F-100 straight into P3D v5. Works perfectly. Great flight with all the gauges, bells and whistles working. Maybe give it another try. Great aircraft.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I wonder what I did wrong?

Will give it another go.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Noddy, just installed the Milviz F-100 straight into P3D v5. Works perfectly. Great flight with all the gauges, bells and whistles working. Maybe give it another try. Great aircraft.
    Outstanding - I'm going to try it too!

Kent

I wonder what I did wrong? Will give it another go.
    I found several other aircraft had to have a panel.dll turned off but not for this one. It was straight out of the installer.

Success on the F-100D install. And the MVAMS seems to work as well.

BTW...I had installer v1.170615, which obviously required a manual pointer change to the P3Dv5 folder from the default P3Dv4.

Kent

Quote Originally Posted by ColoKent View Post
    :BTW...I had installer v1.170615, which obviously required a manual pointer change to the P3Dv5 folder from the default P3Dv4. Kent
    Worked for me. I redirected and changed the 4 to a 5. Glad you got it working. Great aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by stovall View Post
    Worked for me. I redirected and changed the 4 to a 5. Glad you got it working. Great aircraft.
    Now if we could get the T-38 ADV to run, I'd be half happy (I'll never be totally happy until someone does a MILVIZ quality T-33A!!!!)...

Kent

Aerosoft Catalina, Twin Otter-X, ASK-21 and Discus K all working well, via addons.cfg - just have to ensure that the path to the sounds folder in asc.cfg (in the aircraft panel folder) is absolute.
    Cheers
    Keith

I am having trouble with the SWS Phantom and Tweet, I pointed the installer to the V5 add-on folder and altered the add-on xml to show this:

What I am missing?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails addon.jpg  

I am having trouble with the SWS Phantom and Tweet, I pointed the installer to the V5 add-on folder and altered the add-on xml to show this:

What I am missing?
    I'd be interested to know if this resolves it?

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5...warhawk-p3dv5/

News from SWS:

While things seem rather quiet out here, they have not been at all behind the scenes!We are currently compiling a new set of updates for all our products, which will be released gradually starting this week.
    The first one is the T-37B update which will fix a number of issues reported by our users after the initial release, while introducing some improvements and new features to the operation of certain systems.
    Next is an update to our PBR Phantom which will address some visual issues and a "hard braking" drag chute reported by our users.
    Lastly, all our products that include carriers will receive an update which will address a crash caused by the AI helicopter, as well as some other bugs reported by customers.

We are already testing our products in Prepar3D v5 and have performed much of the work needed. We anticipate to release our P3Dv5 update schedule and installers in May, if all goes to plan.
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Thanks for HU , will wait on the updates.

Blog Entries

Iris PC-21

One of my favorites the Iris PC-21 (21 Driver) works just fine in V5.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

HiFi will release beta Active Sky for P3Dv5 of 4th May (max to 6th but probably it will be 4th).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I have not found a way to point the Aerosoft Tomcat installer to P3DV5. Has anyone been able to? Flightsim Estonia's Migration Tool, once they update it (supposedly soon) should do it, so I am hoping for that. Just wondering if anyone has found a workaround? NC

Members who have read this thread: 29