Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5 - Page 12
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 245678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Aircraft Compatibility thread for P3D V5

Forgot to insist for non US Windows installations to check that your regional setting are set to US number format, with decimal separator set to "." to allow export of your modifications !!!! Gérard

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Oh my! That's an old favourite I'd love to have in P3D. If you aren't willing to share (it's really old freeware) I will have a go myself in MCX.
    I probably need to ask a permission to share this aircraft by Eric, if he is still around in sim community.

Quote Originally Posted by Manschy View Post
    Toni - you need an extra mdl for the interior to show up.
    How did you manage this, please?

Does it work similar to the prop conversion? Means, do I have to isolate the cockpit, remove any other parts and then save the cockpit parts itselves? Do I open the aircraft mdl afterwards and import the cockpit into it and merge it together then? Appriciate if you can provide a little assistance to me
    I separated VC from original model, when you open the mdl file in MCX, set value to 1 to gen_model, then it will only show VC and you can save that like twin_bonanza_vc.mdl and start to make necessary modifications to make VC model work correct way, like transparent textures. Then remember add also interior=twin_bonanza_vc into model.cfg

Well I tried MCX converting to P3Dv4 and at least got a separate VC. But there are a host of problems that I don't know what to do to fix. Landing lights won't turn off. Flap won't retract. There is a wheel chock that won't go away. And the VC has strange artefacts (see the screen shot) and the glass is opaque. Oh, and the prop animation looks awful. Other than that, LOL. I will wait to see if Eric Dantes is still around. I seem to recall he may have made this first for FS 2002?

Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Thanks for explanation, Toni.
    Best regards, Manfred.

Re the Hawker Sea Fury
    Quote Originally Posted by ZsoltB View Post
    What do I need to change to make it work on P3Dv5?
    Sorry guys only caught up with this one now! I let the installer place it into what it thought was P3DV4 (I have an addon folder in my documents folder that was actually created by P3D for some reason) then I just moved the whole thing over to P3DV5. It is 64 bit. The only problem with it is the light effects are out of whack that is the nav lights cast a glow over the whole aircraft. There is a fix for that to change the light effects I just have not got around to it yet. Otherwise it is all good.

Quote Originally Posted by ToniJH View Post
    Hi, i yesterday made my long time favorite plane Eric Dantes Beech Twin Bonanza P3d v5 compatible, it was quite easy job by using MCX, no panel/gauge modifications needed to do, all was mostly default gauges that works well also in Prepar3d v5. This is for my own personal use only.

Great - I have always wanted the Twin Bonanza in the sim now I know this works ok will have a go at it. First ride in a GA twin was a night in one of these way back in dare I say it 1971. A Rock solid machine and it was IFR all the way,

Now I will also go hunting for a Beech Queen Air - many an hour spent in those too! Put turbines on it later called it a King Air!!

Well I tried MCX converting to P3Dv4 and at least got a separate VC. But there are a host of problems that I don't know what to do to fix. Landing lights won't turn off. Flap won't retract. There is a wheel chock that won't go away. And the VC has strange artefacts (see the screen shot) and the glass is opaque. Oh, and the prop animation looks awful. Other than that, LOL. I will wait to see if Eric Dantes is still around. I seem to recall he may have made this first for FS 2002?

Hi, you need to modify transparent textures in MCX Material Editor. In external window texture name is Vitres.bmp, set "Destination Blend to "InvScrAlpha" and Source Blend to "ScrAlpha" in Framebuffer Blend, there is good Tutorial for modifying textures in CalClassic tutorial: http://www.calclassic.com/convert_tutorial/

The cockpit black texture also need to be modified in MCX Material editor to transparent the same way like the Vitres.bmp.

There is also guide part how to fix these landing/taxi light issues.

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Re the Hawker Sea Fury

Sorry guys only caught up with this one now! I let the installer place it into what it thought was P3DV4 (I have an addon folder in my documents folder that was actually created by P3D for some reason) then I just moved the whole thing over to P3DV5. It is 64 bit. The only problem with it is the light effects are out of whack that is the nav lights cast a glow over the whole aircraft. There is a fix for that to change the light effects I just have not got around to it yet. Otherwise it is all good.
    Great! Thank you,

Zsolt
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Boeing 707-138

Another HJG Conversion to P3DV5 thanks to expat and others for some advice on this. Found a quite useable 707 VC (via a K135) not exactly kosher but working on it at the moment. Flies nicely. At least it is a Boeing front end!

The Stubby 707 with the hot rod engines that Qantas got in 1958 has always eluded me - not any more!

Hey that's not a bad VC. Could liven it up with FS Spotlights. Where to find it please?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Hey that's not a bad VC. Could liven it up with FS Spotlights. Where to find it please?
    It is from the KC135 Stratotanker package from Rickoo. (https://www.rikoooo.com/downloads/viewdownload/55/919).

It is P3D compatible and with a bit of fiddling here and there with textures the interior model and panel all went together with the HJG 707. I am borrowing guages from another Boeing the Tom Ruth B727 which fit nicely lot of work to do yet but at least it is a Boeing cockpit, The only glitch is you look rearwards in the VC there is a big open interior but I am not worried about that. The FE position is non existant and there is some weird mapping for gauges here and there otherwise best I have found so far.

Be nice to see what you come up with the Spotlights! I have not tried it at night yet.

Last 707 on my list the B707-420

From HJG via MCX the RR Conway powered variant of the B707. Now at least a couple of respectable 707s in P3DV5. Capt Sim are never going to come good alas. I did try the CS VC got it all to show up but the trick with them is the main or nearly all the guages are built into the model so cannot be got at to replace either!

Anyway the B707-420

Now I will also go hunting for a Beech Queen Air - many an hour spent in those too!
    Be nice to have one of these - great nostalgia.

Ah the Queen Air - yes the only one around is a conversion/update of Mike Stones Queen Air (which I think dates back to Ms2002 or even FS98) but its horrible really, undercarriage legs are too short and the cabin is too big as are the windows all in all a very ugly duckling. A few AI conversions but they are all basically the same root stock!

Milton Shupe is a genius . .

Found somewhere more hi res textures, which the FS9 model was desperately in need of. This has transformed it. Then tarted up the interior and ran it through MCX to create a P3Dv4 model. Then just happened to find a thread on FSDevelopers that addressed how to use the Material Editor to make glass darker. And now it's a real go-e in P3Dv4.5!

Boeing 747 SP

A group of dedicated folk have redone the old Posky 747SP - yes the SP - with PBR for V4 and V5. It is on AVSIM. Usual caveats, it is a Posky so it is very fine model but is a Posky so like all Posky models there is no VC. This one is a challenge because the SP basically had the old analoque dials and FE position of the 200 series 747 for which of course no suitable V4 or V5 P3D example exists. The CLS 200 (Which I had in FSX was not upgraded beyond P3DV3 so is a no show no go in 64 bit environment. There are a few nicely done 747-400 VC's which of course had no FE position and were 2 pilot beasts about so that will do until something else turns up. The 747SP even evaded me in FSX.

Be prepared to fiddle about with textures and there are a couple of the models that do not work for some reason. like the Qantas RB211 version. Not authentic but I can let if run around as a PW version instead.

A classic.

Posky 747SP P3DV5 w a default 747-400modified VC

This is perfect in P3Dv5.3

pick it up here https://library.avsim.net/search.php...sxac&Go=Search
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Quote Originally Posted by musterpilot View Post
    This is perfect in P3Dv5.3

pick it up here https://library.avsim.net/search.php...sxac&Go=Search

Now I'm confused, isn't the stock Maule in P3D5 the same as above^?

Yes but this has
    Amphibian
    Spring gear
    Tricycle gear
    Tundra
    Wheel ski
    Tail dragger
    MB Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master CPU i7 12700K @4.6 GHz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Cooler Noctua NH-U15 with 2 fans RAM 32MB Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200MHz Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Watt Case Thermaltake level 20 xt Windows 11 64 bit Thrustmaster HOTAS warthog stick and throttle Thrustmaster TPR pendular rudder pedals

Milton Schupe 680

Expat I had the FSX Native version of this one for some time it worked perfectly out of the box in P3DV5.3 for me. I think if I remember rightly Falcon409 did the Ike Textures to go with his Ike Farm Strip and Gettysburg Municipal and may have convinced him a long time ago to do this as worthwhile project (Although his original package here in the Library the paint was for the 560 but you get the airport scenery too). A shame Milton never got around to the 685 which is the subject now of a conversion project (see another thread). The 680 Native is here in the SOH library. The texture improvements sound interesting!
    Anyway just in case folks have forgotten. Punted this one back and forth from Gettysburg to Washington many a time!

Ike's little Air Force One.

I do admit the transparency need a pick me up and the overall textures need to be smooth up and sharpened.

Hjg b707-138 p3d

Work slowly progressing to make this a not unreasonable flying experience in P3D. The VC is a challenge but coming along. Starting to get that 707 look and feel. Flight performance is excellent.

Yesterday i made another classic plane for P3d v5 working well, only 6 gauges needed to replace, 95% of original gauges work fine(xml gauges).
    The plane is Aeroworx Beechcraft King Air B200, i only needed to update aircraft model, separate VC and Exterior model.

If someone owns that plane and are interested to get that work in Prepar3d and can handle MCX and panel studio, i can say you will get that plane to Prepar3d v5 work fine

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-8-17_11-21-57-140.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	326.0 KB 
ID:	88161

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2022-8-17_11-22-46-276.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	90.6 KB 
ID:	88162

Quote Originally Posted by BendyFlyer View Post
    Work slowly progressing to make this a not unreasonable flying experience in P3D. The VC is a challenge but coming along. Starting to get that 707 look and feel. Flight performance is excellent.

Update for those interested. The VC is grafted in from a freeware KC-135. It has a number of limitations but it is not too bad really. I have nearly finished the main panels and there is a lot of rummaging around to get the right instruments and guages to fit or be shall we say contemporary. Trying at the moment to get rid of those build in switches (they are actually in the interior model itself but most do not do anything. Sometimes MCX lets me remove them other times it does not so slow progress there. Happy with the main panel now working on the overhead. Think the FE position will just end up being a dummy picture as the original model does not allow me to place gauges etc there. We shall see.

As I said this a HJG model converted to P3D. This is the Qantas 707-138 or really a 720 with big engines I also have done the 707-320B and 707-320C and the 707-420. The idea is that this VC will do for all of them. A lot of test and try to make sure guages do what they are supposed to, so far so good no gotchas yet! At least it is starting to satisfy my 707 itch even though I could fire up FSX and do the CS 707 once your a P3DV5 user so hard to go back to the FSX world. Now HJG would never agree to releasing this as a package but the VC will be made available in the fullness of time and maybe some notes on how to convert the main models.

How it looks now not that unhappy not perfect but getting there:

Members who have read this thread: 29