My deepest apologies...

Thread: My deepest apologies...

Gousgounis

My deepest apologies...

Greetings.

Recently, in some posts there have been links to a chopped up flanders map I had uploaded last November. When I originally downloaded the full map long ago, I had completely missed the text clearly stating that this was rabu's work. So when I decided to cut down the map in pieces, I forgot to look for the guy who had done the original scanning of the map (rabu). So I didnt credit anyone when uploading to SoH. Rabu informed me of this incident, and I immidieately asked the SoH admins to delete my upload. This is taken care of as we speak. The map is going to be brought to you again soon by rabu this time.
    I owe a public apology to rabu for not crediting him as this is completely my fault. I erred because I failed to think that someone must have originally uploaded the map.

See you soon....

Siggi
    Hang the blighter!

Beanie
    Hanging is to good for him - stone him.... are there any chesse makers?

Gousgounis

UK_Widowmaker
    burn him!!!!!...... Burn ya bugger!

gimpyguy
    Stretch his neck from the nearest yard arm, but since he has indeed confessed. Let him taste the fury of the cat :violent::violent::violent:

rabu
    Quote Originally Posted by Gousgounis View Post
    Greetings.

Recently, in some posts there have been links to a chopped up Flanders map I had uploaded last November. When I originally downloaded the full map long ago, I had completely missed the text clearly stating that this was rabu's work. So when I decided to cut down the map in pieces, I forgot to look for the guy who had done the original scanning of the map (rabu). So I didnt credit anyone when uploading to SoH. Rabu informed me of this incident, and I immidieately asked the SoH admins to delete my upload. This is taken care of as we speak. The map is going to be brought to you again soon by rabu this time.
    I owe a public apology to rabu for not crediting him as this is completely my fault. I erred because I failed to think that someone must have originally uploaded the map.
    See you soon....
    The rack would be better, or ...

Thanks, Gousgounis.
    Groan..I know, it doesn't seem like a big deal to most of you.

The timing on this was funny because I had just talked to some other members about getting a cut down version up after BHH came out a few months ago and I had finally done it this past weekend. Then I saw the thread by Gimpy who had actually only put a link for the dl of cut ups by Gousgouins (click).

I was the one who originally scanned the original paper maps supplied by Bletchley back in 2006. It was quite a bit of work scanning it in pieces, restoring them digitally and then piecing them together as one large map and enhancing them graphically. I also did one of the Somme area and have another very old 1918 National Geographic one I am still working on that is even larger.

I uploaded my new 16 map indexed set last night for all of you, but am still not seeing them on the SOH dl server yet.. when up they will be under the CFS2/Maps section under the Add-Ons section (click)

Here's a photo of the original map Bletchley loaned me. This is the one I restored and made the large dl map from:

Here's the new letter size index reference map:

Here's a letter size index section map:

UK_Widowmaker
    I do take it very seriously Rabu!...and it is a big deal!

Now that I am skinning my own aeroplanes, if someone wanted to share my skins without permission, I would be forced to
    BURN THEM!......BURN THE BUGGERS!!

Dej
    D/L link is showing now. D/Ling as we speak. Lovely job Rabu, thank you.

ivanmoe
    Empire Interactive shipped ten Western Front maps with Flying Corps Gold. They're fairly large (scanned 1-1, would fill up a 19-inch monitor), very detailed, and are about 6.5 miles to the inch in scale. I'm unsure of what the copyright implications might be, however.

Bletchley
    That's great Rabu, a lovely job of scanning and a very good idea to subdivide it into handy sections. The original paper map was (is) out of copyright (as it dates from the 1920s) but Rabu owns the copyright to the scanned image.

It is not an original aviator's map - I guess they would have used any fairly large scale map (motoring maps, probably) that they could get their hands on, as no one (to my knowledge) produced maps for the aviator until after the war. It is about 5 miles to the inch, which is a useful size for navigation (shows up most of the important detail, but scaled enough to be usable from the air). It has Allied airfields marked, but not the German ones.

I am glad others are still finding it useful.... was it really 2006 Rabu? I was young then...

Bletchley

Piston Aero Engines of the Great War (still £25): http://www.theaerodrome.com/classifi...duct/311/cat/2

rabu
    Quote Originally Posted by Bletchley View Post
    That's great Rabu, a lovely job of scanning and a very good idea to subdivide it into handy sections. The original paper map was (is) out of copyright (as it dates from the 1920s) but Rabu owns the copyright to the scanned image.

It is not an original aviator's map - I guess they would have used any fairly large scale map (motoring maps, probably) that they could get their hands on, as no one (to my knowledge) produced maps for the aviator until after the war. It is about 5 miles to the inch, which is a useful size for navigation (shows up most of the important detail, but scaled enough to be usable from the air). It has Allied airfields marked, but not the German ones.

I am glad others are still finding it useful.... was it really 2006 Rabu? I was young then...

Bletchley

Piston Aero Engines of the Great War (still £25): http://www.theaerodrome.com/classifi...duct/311/cat/2
    Yea.. time flies, doesn't it? :wave:

Members who have read this thread: 0