A Rememberance for Most of Us

Thread: A Rememberance for Most of Us

gimpyguy

A Rememberance for Most of Us

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupk2...eature=related

A great many hours were wasted with this one

ovs
    Hence why the 1st thing I changed in my HASP patch was the intro music!!! I couldn't bear that oompa music anymore!

OvS

ns13jarhead
    OvS, your programming skills have improved immensely since then. Based on the clip, that was a pretty boring game.:faint:

Rooster89
    HOURS?! More like years. The music isnt too bad OvS, but yeah if you listened to it almost every day for 4 or more years it'll make you cringe a little. It's not as good as Red Baron 1's intro music either. (Yep, I actually loved that little jingle, lol.)

-Rooster

gimpyguy
    Prior to OFF, and MAW, I had a heavily Moded CFS3, aside from Winding Man's Scenery, Firepower, a whole squadron of WWI aircraft. But the payoff was the theme from Hogan's Hero's, couldn't get rid of it.

Had to get of ALL music in Settings :costumes:

CaptSopwith
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpyguy View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupk2...eature=related

A great many hours were wasted with this one
    Try most of my adolesence and my early twenties!

Is it too nerdy to admit that I copied the music folder and put it in iTunes? Yes, I have an RBII playlist...

Menu 3 was always my favorite. I often find myself humming that one while filing at work...

My nerd card, let me show you it

Flame On!
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

gimpyguy
    Yep, that one. You'll get tired of those snare drums real quick

ns13jarhead
    Thanks Cameljockey! Now I'm going to be clicking on songs and reliving my childhood for the next ten hours. Way to go, dude - I've gotta work tomorrow!

Rooster89
    Here it is....The best intro music ever! And the game that got me (and probably most of us) started. Gives me chills just watching it. (Sorry Im a little attached)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY5mDKmS_xk

-Rooster

Rick Rawlings
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster89 View Post
    Here it is....The best intro music ever! And the game that got me (and probably most of us) started. Gives me chills just watching it. (Sorry Im a little attached)

-Rooster
    Yeah, I clicked on that link and then clicked on "Watch in High Quality" and YouTube was like, "Dude, that IS high quality". Remember how they used to show you that you were under 1000 feet in Red Baron by having black dots on the ground?

After Red Baron there was Dawn Patrol and, Flying Corps? One of them I couldn't run on my machine, but one of my buddies had the first Pentium processor in the neighborhood, so I gave it to him. There was also Wings of Glory, the sprite based game that had the hot French girl who was a traitor. Good times, but none of them, not even Red Baron 2 caught my attention like the first one. (Might have had something to do with the whole 3D fiasco, which even the 3D patch didn't make up for!)

RR :friday:

Mk2
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooster89 View Post

-Rooster

Simply the best...

Catfish
    Hello,
    well, there were quite a few mods for RedBaron 2, and 3d, but i think all started later with Charles deThielt, who improved details of the planes in an unbelievable way (for that time). Then there was Full canvas jacket by Kess and Pol, and Hells Angels, with or exclusively by Polovski. And there was "Baron von Helton" ... you really have to go past the intro, now that one is scary :whistle::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50Za7...eature=related

Hope i will not be banned for mentioning another WW1 sim lol

Greetings,
    Catfish

ovs
    Close Catch... but I'll tweak it a little...

Wingstrut, Beery, Baron von Benz and Baron von Helton were some of the very original modder of RB3D, using a lot of information based on what Sygrod came out with.

The FM tweakers list is about 700 miles long, so we'll skip that. The Dr.1 is porked... sums it up.

UOP, WS 2.2, Beery 2.0, and Von Helton Flugwerks began to produce mods and new models for RB3D, but were using lesser quality terrain, and skins. BvH made models with wires and rotating 'engines'. Dirty Birds were the new rage and everyone began to create new skin patches for older Mods. Canvas Falcons being one of the better ones.

Enter Rabu, and Kessler. Rabu revamped the scenery into something toally new, and amazing, but kept it looking like a game. Kessler went in the other direction with photo-realistic stuff which looked cool, but did not fit what the planes looked like. They looked like cartoons compared to the scenery.

Enter Karel Dooms... and a new era in quality RB3D models. Uhlan, Pat Wilson, and several others modelers jumped in and really took RB3D to another level. SWWISA was formed and we pushed it to the max.

Enter myself, Pat Wilson, DeltaK, Andreas, Ron65Ron, and a couple of other guys who took these models and began to skin them better than ever before... our repective mods were built, and SWWISA moved forward. We produced WFP, and Hell's Angels prior to any release of FCJ.

BvH continued to produce his models, but were more commonly found to be out of proportion with the original WWI designs, and hard to skin. So only he could do them. He remained with his project ROTJ.

Kessler continued on producing photorealistic skins and textures and FCJ was formed.

And so on....

But what I find sad to see is BvH's current state of what looks to be disaster. This is what happens when you don't walk away from the VIRTUAL REALITY of the internet and your PC. Please... don't let that happen to any of you. They world is a fun place, filled with tons of stuff to see and places to go.

All the best,

OvS

Catfish
    Hello,
    well what can i say, i knew there was more than i thought, and i certainly know it was you who brought out the "Hell's Angels" along with the "resurrection" patch .. and Karel Dooms was Charles deThielt in the forums(?). Anyway this was really a new quality of planes for Rb, only limited by those "slots", so there were different planes copied back and forth to reflect the changing situations in WW1, along with those moving frontlines a.s.o.
    Sorry not to have mentioned you and others, blame it on the video, i was really disturbed ...
    Still have tons of mods for RB, i wonder if i ever delete it - i remember those UOPs well ... the flamer bug ... the terrains ...
    Thanks and greetings,
    Catfish

ovs
    Those were some good times..

Lot's of file sharing and fun for everyone. Yes, CdT was Karel, he was a great guy. Easy to talk to, and had a great sense of humor.

Oh no, don't apologize for not mentioning me, I was just a cog in the overall RB3D Modding Machine. I was happy to annotate all that activity from years past. It was a blast to be a part of it.

As for the video, it's sad really. Unfortunately, today's technology gives anyone within reach of a credit card the ability buy video/sound recording equipment and become a published opinion.

It's like a drunk in a bar, if you sit next to him and let him start talking... it's your own fault. You can't argue with him, he's 'seen it all'... how, from the stool at a local bar? So best to just walk away... in his case, just ignore him, it's meaningless drivel from a broken mind.

OvS