They're heeeeerrrrreeeee!!!!

Thread: They're heeeeerrrrreeeee!!!!

Todt Von Oben

They're heeeeerrrrreeeee!!!!

Alright! My MCFS3 and OFF/BHAH both arrived today. Didn't take long at all, and I'm way out here in the middle of the Pacific Ocean!

Kind of busy with a shop project right now, but will try to get the disks loaded up and running tomorrow.

BTW: Was checking the Screen Grabs thread. I hear the word "stunning" used a lot. Exactly right. "Stunning." Much of what I'm seeing looks like a cross between a movie and fine aviation art. Damn good. Can't wait to be flying in that environment. SUCH a step up from RB3D!!

Just for kicks, last week I bought copies of Howard Hughes' Hell's Angels and the 1966 movie The Blue Max. Old favorites, but now I own them and will no doubt be doing a lot of stop-motion viewing in the forseeable future.

Thanks again for the speedy service! Looking forward to flying Over Flander's Fields!

Prost! :ernae:

TVO

Hi, Todt Von Oben
    In the middle of the Pacific ocean? Is that Midway then (Lol!)
    Or are you on a carrier?
    Perhaps it would have been informative, when order was confirmed, and receive date.
    Have fun with BHaH - I bet you will!
    Olham

PS: if your avatar name is meant to be "death from above" in German, it would be "Tod von oben"

Todt Von Oben
    Quote Originally Posted by Olham54 View Post
    Hi, Todt Von Oben
    In the middle of the Pacific ocean? Is that Midway then (Lol!)
    Or are you on a carrier?
    Perhaps it would have been informative, when order was confirmed, and receive date.
    Have fun with BHaH - I bet you will!
    Olham

PS: if your avatar name is meant to be "death from above" in German, it would be "Tod von oben"
    Midway? Heh! Not far off, actually. I'm on a tiny volcanic rock in the middle of the Pacific that I call "Vulcania" but most folks call it Hawaii.

I placed the order on Thursday, February 19. Coincidentally, I also bought a copy of MCFS3 on that date via eBay. Both arrived by First Class Mail on Monday, the 23rd. That's fast by any standard; and getting it out here that fast is pretty phenominal.

And yes, thanks, I was kind of going for the German spelling of "Death from Above." Little story there:

Back in the 70's when I was into skydiving, there was a magazine called Soldier of Fortune that sold a T-shirt that featured parachute wings with a skull in the middle, and the phrase "Death From Above." Back then, skydivers were always making jokes about death, so some of us got those shirts and wore them on California DropZones. Used to really make some DZ owners uncomfortable, but we had fun with it. :woot:

Anyway, when I got into flying RB3D I started to join a group called The Green Tails and came up with "Todt Von Oben" as my screen name.

I thought the German pronunciation of the word "death" sounded like "tote" so I put a "T" on the end of it.

Tod is actually cooler, and sounds more like a real name. If I had known that was more correct, I would have used it. But now I'm stuck with Todt.

I can just hear the cockpit chatter now..."Here comes that 'death from above' guy who can't spell."

Oh well, it's all in fun.

Thanks for the help, Olham. I hope to have my OFF / BHAH working tomorrow.

TVO

Catfish
    Hello,
    actually until the big war the german spelling was indeed a bit different than today, so Death (german Tod) was indeed spelled Todt, as well as a "Rat" (german for council) was spelled Rath, and so on. So it may well have been written your way -
    Greetings,
    Catfish

Flame On!
    Not to hijack, but Catfish, are you still sending out DVDs of OFF2? The reason I ask is that one of your countrymen by the name of Creeps is requesting one. If you're not I'll send it myself but since I'm in the US it will take a lot longer. Thanks.

CJ
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

Hey, CAMELJOCKEY
    I have thought about the P2 thing. I had actually sent out 5 copies, before BHaH came. But now, I would only recommend them, to get BHaH.
    After all the long development, and I assume, very few donators for the first two Phases, I think, the OFF Team deserved some better sales. So, I won't send out copies anymore. But I'll write to the guy and try to convince him, okay?
    Cheers; Olham

Flame On!
    No problem Olham, but did you read this thread?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...ad.php?t=11707

CJ
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

Todt Von Oben
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    Hello,
    actually until the big war the german spelling was indeed a bit different than today, so Death (german Tod) was indeed spelled Todt, as well as a "Rat" (german for council) was spelled Rath, and so on. So it may well have been written your way -
    Greetings,
    Catfish
    Wow, that's far out. Thanks for the G2. But in all honestly, if it turned out spelled in a correct older style, it was by accident. I had no idea.

TVO

Members who have read this thread: 0