Regional Air Activity

Thread: Regional Air Activity

cpirrmann

Regional Air Activity

Setting this in workshop, I'd like to know which the devs intended to be the most historically accurate: light medium or heavy.
    Thanks

cpirrmann
    bump

cptroyce
    Cp- I think I read a few days ago, that Light would accurately reflect early war years, Medium middle years, and Heavy late war years.

Royce

Winder
    Royce, not quite - OFF automatically factors in air war activity fluctuations over time, ground war activity and activity in the different sectors. It also factors in the balance of the opposing forces as it swung from side to side over time.

What the setting does is simply provide an overall scaling factor to the above criteria to allow lesser CPUs/GPUs to cope - by rendering proportionally less craft in the air on both sides in the players region.

HTH

WM

cpirrmann
    Ok, so but that still doesn't answer my question. I understand they are a scaling factor, but there not being a 'normal' setting, which setting reflects your intent to be the best reflection of the historical activity. Is it medium or heavy? Or is heavy an overloaded setting to make it more of an arcade slug fest? I'd like to try my system on what would likely be the most historical setting as I'm on light now. Thanks

P.S. I did find your tip on not using heavy due to system load for some people.

ovs
    I would go with medium, it's more of a system-vs-FPS issue than historical.

All the best,

OvS

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by cpirrmann View Post
    Ok, so but that still doesn't answer my question. I understand they are a scaling factor, but there not being a 'normal' setting, which setting reflects your intent to be the best reflection of the historical activity. Is it medium or heavy? Or is heavy an overloaded setting to make it more of an arcade slug fest? I'd like to try my system on what would likely be the most historical setting as I'm on light now. Thanks

P.S. I did find your tip on not using heavy due to system load for some people.
    I would imagine that even the heaviest setting does not represent the true number of a/c that were up in the air at a given time in the real war (there having been more in reality than the game can express on it's heaviest setting).

Winder
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggi View Post
    I would imagine that even the heaviest setting does not represent the true number of a/c that were up in the air at a given time in the real war (there having been more in reality than the game can express on it's heaviest setting).
    Correct - and thus it is simply an FPS call....

But I must stress that the ratios and balances are all in keeping with what historically took place over time.....its simply a scaling function

I run medium all the time irrespective of year of campaign year cos my PC is quite happy with the load.

HTH

WM

UK_Widowmaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Winder View Post
    Correct - and thus it is simply an FPS call....

But I must stress that the ratios and balances are all in keeping with what historically took place over time.....its simply a scaling function

I run medium all the time irrespective of year of campaign year cos my PC is quite happy with the load.

HTH

WM
    Ditto

Red-dog
    Ive just done a campaign mission on the 2/3/16 and had 14 aircraft in spitting distance.... great. medium setting.

cptroyce
    WM- Thanks for the clarification.

Royce

cpirrmann
    Thank you all. Always a great help.