Saitek throttle Quadrants not working

Thread: Saitek throttle Quadrants not working

Saitek throttle Quadrants not working

I have set up another laptop to run FS9. My setup is Saitek Flight Yoke, Saitek Rudder pedals, and 4 Saitek Throttle quadrants. That works out as 4 throttles, 4 Mixture levers, and 4 Prop Levers.

This setup works on FSX but in FS9 only the yoke and rudder pedals function. The Quadrants show up in the menu and I can set all of the functions for props, throttle and mixtures but none of the levers actually function in the simulator.

I went through FS9 and got to the calibration function and it works all of the controllers move the axis.

The buttons on the quadrants work fine.

The OS is Windows 10.

ASUS TUF F17 Gaming Laptop
    17.3" 144Hz Full HD IPS-Type
    CPU 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz
    Ram CORSAIR Vengeance 32.0 GB DDR4 3200
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6GB

Ok ... first a few questions...

Which planes are you trying to 'fly'? Stick with the default 747 first.

have you got FSUIPC installed?

ttfn

Pete

Yes I have FSUIPC for FS9 Version 3.999z9b 19th December 2013. It is a registered version.

I have tried the default Cessna 172, DCC P-38N Lightning, Default Ford Trimotor and now the default 747.

The laptop is a HP Elitebook 8760W, Core i7 2620M CPU @ 2.7GHz (4 CPU), 16 GB Ram and nVidia Quadro 5010M 4GB GPU, Windows 10 Professional.

I don't think the specs on the PC matter but I thought I would through that out there.

Could it be a USB issue? I have a similar set up though not a laptop, (2 Saitek throttle units, Saitek Radio, Switch and Multi panels, Saitek Cessna Yoke, a third Saitek throttle is available through the Yoke but I never use that) Everytime I have to ritually unplug the various USB plugs from their hub and then additionally switch off/on the individual socket on each port of the hub.

It's a pain.

And yes before I am asked, I have changed the settings for USB within W10 to not switch the darned things off after a time.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

Ok...

IIRC fsuipc has a controller set up option,
    which overrides standard fs commands, you could try that.

The fact you could calibrate the stick and levers in fs implies they are actually working, but sim is ignoring them when you go 'fly'.

I'm away from my sim pc until tomorrow so this purely guesstimation

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Naismith View Post
    Could it be a USB issue? I have a similar set up though not a laptop, (2 Saitek throttle units, Saitek Radio, Switch and Multi panels, Saitek Cessna Yoke, a third Saitek throttle is available through the Yoke but I never use that) Everytime I have to ritually unplug the various USB plugs from their hub and then additionally switch off/on the individual socket on each port of the hub.

It's a pain.

And yes before I am asked, I have changed the settings for USB within W10 to not switch the darned things off after a time.
    Good suggestion. I just tried unplugging the USB port for the controller and plugging it back in and that did not resolve the issue. I did not think it would as only the axis seem to be affected. The buttons work fine. Aslo the controllers work fine with FSX setup this same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Motormouse View Post
    Ok...

IIRC fsuipc has a controller set up option,
    which overrides standard fs commands, you could try that.

The fact you could calibrate the stick and levers in fs implies they are actually working, but sim is ignoring them when you go 'fly'.

I'm away from my sim pc until tomorrow so this purely guesstimation

Ttfn

Pete
    Previously this setup existed on a Windows 7 PC and ran fine without making any changes to FSUIPC. With that in mind I removed the FSUIPC.dll file to eliminate any issues related to FSUIPC. That did not make any difference. My next step (after restoring FSUIPC) is to deleted the fs9.cfg file and generate a new one. I will reassign an axis on the quadrant and see if it works.

Augh how is that possible. LOL

Its the FS9.cfg file. I have to set everything up again.

Glad you were able to sort it out The thread is worth to remember as there were some good suggestions!

Cheers,
    Huub

Members who have read this thread: 0