PROJET NORATLAS Manual??

Thread: PROJET NORATLAS Manual??

Icon5 PROJET NORATLAS Manual??

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Do any of you know where I can find English version or English translation of operating manual book for the FSX model base called PROJET NORATLAS, please?

I am unable to keep engines running on ground.

Thanks,

Aharon

Hi Aaron

I don't have a manual in English language but sort of cockpit html references and tips in English for the FS2004 model.
    PM me with your e-mail reference in case of interest.

Ernst

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Do any of you know where I can find English version or English translation of operating manual book for the FSX model base called PROJET NORATLAS, please?

I am unable to keep engines running on ground.

Thanks,

Aharon
    If I remember correctly, you need to turn on fuel pumps. I remember that maybe they're behind you in the cockpit. It's been a while and I no longer have the plane on my computer, but hopefully this helps.

Try this:

- you check the box "Moteur : en route" (engine started) in the cockpit configuration table (which can be accessed by the Noratlas-Shaped button on the dashboard)

Cheers

The Old MSgt

Members +
    Seems like an interesting plane. Where can we find it?
    Robin
    Cape Town, South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by zswobbie1 View Post
    Seems like an interesting plane. Where can we find it?
    No, really she is a wonderful one, payware quality. There is a manual but in French. Sorry, in the world, there are people who speak something other than English (lol) !
    More seriously you can translate with google.

It is an airplane which was without a doubt inspired by the C119 but this one flew perfectly and without vices of design contrary to the C119 (used by the French air force in Indochina -Vietnam for US).

JMC

Quote Originally Posted by gastonj View Post
    No, really she is a wonderful one, payware quality. There is a manual but in French. Sorry, in the world, there are people who speak something other than English (lol) !
    More seriously you can translate with google.

It is an airplane which was without a doubt inspired by the C119 but this one flew perfectly and without vices of design contrary to the C119 (used by the French air force in Indochina -Vietnam for US).

JMC
    BTW all, there is still one nicely restored example flying in France! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsjgAx8HmxY I do find it a bit better looking than the C-82 or C-119.

Got some answers for you over at the other site. Will also copy/paste here!

n25v1_gb.zip in the Library at fltsim.com

Click on all of the .gifs to see pictures of the panel and English print!

I copied this from a 2013 post:

As to starting the engines, here is what works (please read also at least page 18 of the manual! If you do not understand French, learn it!)

IMORTANT: You have to set auto mixture on, in the realism parameters for your aircraft.
    0. All switches on "A" (Arret which means off)
    1. "H" position (Huile, oil on)
    2. "E" position (Essence, fuel on)
    3. "M" starting fuel pump
    4. Magneto switch both
    5. Starter energized
    6. Starter switch.
    Note that the "starter energized switch" (5th operation) come back on "A" after that the engine is started.

Another way is this:
    - you check the box "Moteur : en route" (engine started) in the cockpit configuration table (which can be accessed by the Noratlas-Shaped button on the dashboard)
    - by using the "emergency starting button" which are localted at the bottom of the dashboard, on the left of the pedestal (19th page of the documentation).

These two procedures allow :
    setting magnetos on
    open fuel flow
    set propeller pitch 100%
    start engine
    unblock attitude indicator
    switch radio and navigation systems on
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Thanks all for kind answers. I will try my best to figure out.

Regards,

Aharon

Actually I believe that Nord Noratllas saw its first combat action for France during Suez War of 1956 where France used those planes to drop French army paratroopers to seize control of Suez Canal

Regards,

Aharon

Put in service in 53 the Noratlas did not participate to Indochina war, even though there is some month of overlap. It was engaged in 56 Suez war operations, with the Brits, but also in Algeria (fights started 54).

The C119 were flown by French and US pilots (from CAT, Gen C.L. Chennault) until the end, 54 Dien Bien Phu, in an effort to help the French to contain the communist Vietnameses.

Quote Originally Posted by mercure View Post
    Put in service in 53 the Noratlas did not participate to Indochina war, even though there is some month of overlap. It was engaged in 56 Suez war operations, with the Brits, but also in Algeria (fights started 54).

The C119 were flown by French and US pilots (from CAT, Gen C.L. Chennault) until the end, 54 Dien Bien Phu, in an effort to help the French to contain the communist Vietnameses.
    Hi,
    I never said that the noratlas was used during the Indochina war, I said that the C119 had been used by the French Air Force. Any Frenchman (I am) knows that!
    I said also that the C119 was the worst military transport plane ever built while the Noratlas was a particularly successful aircraft:
    JMC

Noratlas in Indochina

Hello to all,

Just to put an aditionnal information, if Noratlas didn't participate to Indochina war, they were deployed at the end of may 1954 according to
    french publication ICARE n° 236 "L'armée de l'air française en Indochine - Tome 3" (https://revueicare.com/ICARE-N236-La...ne-3eme-partie). They were used during "Opération Cognac". This operation evacuated people from north Vietnam.

Some other information from french forums (sorry in french)

http://paras.forumsactifs.net/t4359-...ratlas-en-indo

http://www.chemin-de-memoire-parachu...s-en-indochine

Sorry, not the help waiting by the first post, but I'm not enough skilled in English language nor piloting to translate the Project Noratlas manual.

Philippe (Zenon)

Bonjour Gaston,
    Je suis français aussi et ne te reprenais pas. Juste un complément pour nos amis qui ne connaissent pas forcément très bien ce zinc.

Hello Gaston,
    I am french too and was not correcting what you said. Just adding complementary info for our friends no knowing really this bird.

Pour info d'un acteur en 54 (C47 and C119):
    http://aviateurs.e-monsite.com/pages...s/stratus.html

Hello,
    Désolé, j'avais mal compris. Excuse-moi.
    JMC

Shalom all or shall I say Bonjour all?

Does anybody know how to turn off engines? I finally figured out how to start engines and keep them running all the time but cannot find function on cockpit to turn off engines.

Thanks or shall I say Merci!

Regards,

Aharon

Hi,

Throttle closed,
    magnetos off,
    gas tanks closed,
    batteries off.

JMC

Throttle closed,
    magnetos off,
    gas tanks closed,
    batteries off.
    Thanks If I can figure out where magnetos, gas tanks, and batteries are LOL Good thing I figured out how to start engines LOL

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Thanks If I can figure out where magnetos, gas tanks, and batteries are LOL Good thing I figured out how to start engines LOL

Regards,

Aharon
    Hi,

You have to look at the manual....pictures are of great interest!

JMC

Members who have read this thread: 0