I feel its all my fault, posting the RoF video. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I feel its all my fault, posting the RoF video.

Flame On!
    Why is my little green light red now?
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

threeonetwo
    Womenfly2, I don't know why you felt compelled to apologize when clearly, it was not you. I'm sure the guilty ones know who they are. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. I post a few links that I thought was pretty cool and perhaps others might be excited about and the next thing I know is people taking potshots (ok, you know who you are) then get accused of some conspiracy about my real alias (I'd be interested in understanding this one). I know it's just a few folks ruining the experience here so I say to myself, 'just let it go' but to see you come here and apologize on the guilty's behalf makes me sad. Too bad our threads had to be locked. Hopefully, people will learn from this and be more respectful to others in the future.

I hate to say this also but I think it needs to be said. Winder, I think you are a great guy and really thankful you created OFF for all of us to enjoy but as a leader in the OFF community, you should set a good example for those fans of OFF here in the forum. Example starts from the top down. I hope you realize how much influence from what you say on this forum have on people.

Anyway, happy flying

ns13jarhead
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    OK guys IM British
    and no one mentioned Tommy Cooper, My avitar
    now i have an agenda :friday:
    LOL
    H
    Sorry, I thought that was a self portrait!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKblP3_EkM0&NR=1

Flame On!
    Yup that's someone impersonating Henry.
    ABIT IN9 32X-MAX nForce 680i SLI
    Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 Wolfdale 3.16GHz
    OCZ Platinum Revision 2 4GB (4x1GB) DDR2 800
    EVGANvidiaGeForce8800GTX768MbGDDR

Western Digital Caviar Green WD5000AADS 500GB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE 7.1 Sound Card

James "Taffy" Jones
    No need to apologize, WomenFly2! I appreciate the information about other WWI sims--even ones without a published release date (snark)!!

Methinks some people have a trigger finger that is a little too itchy sometimes! Maybe that is what makes them good pilots, but somewhat worse at pin-striped message board diplomacy. :tgun2: :typing: (Is there such a thing)?

Note: the above was written in a somewhat awkward attempt at good humor. No smilies were harmed during the making of this reply.

Well, I came in somewhat late, and read all the tripe

and see it for what it is, a public forum.

WF2 has always brought some excellent aviation tidbits to this forum, and I know she will continue. With any keen enthusiast, emotions do become part of the fabric in discussions with others. That's life.

Right then! PAY ATTENTION!:violent: There is a Mission @ 0600. Get your kip together and be ready for an early morning flight - Now- Dismissed!

Regards,

british_eh

Gremlin_WoH
    Shoot me ...

I have not only information about OFF and RoF on my site but also about other W.W.I flight sims. I am as well guilty as hell ... burn me on the stakes

Seriously it was not you who let the threads here and on SimHQ degenerate.

There are certain persons that deliberately light the fire and I think they should be banned as they did the OFF development team a big disservice. As an effect there will be people reading all this bulls*** and possibly will NOT be going out and buying OFF.

Shame on the fire-starters and loud-mouths.

Winder
    Quote Originally Posted by threeonetwo View Post
    Womenfly2, I don't know why you felt compelled to apologize when clearly, it was not you. I'm sure the guilty ones know who they are. But then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't. I post a few links that I thought was pretty cool and perhaps others might be excited about and the next thing I know is people taking potshots (ok, you know who you are) then get accused of some conspiracy about my real alias (I'd be interested in understanding this one). I know it's just a few folks ruining the experience here so I say to myself, 'just let it go' but to see you come here and apologize on the guilty's behalf makes me sad. Too bad our threads had to be locked. Hopefully, people will learn from this and be more respectful to others in the future.

I hate to say this also but I think it needs to be said. Winder, I think you are a great guy and really thankful you created OFF for all of us to enjoy but as a leader in the OFF community, you should set a good example for those fans of OFF here in the forum. Example starts from the top down. I hope you realize how much influence from what you say on this forum have on people.

Anyway, happy flying
    Sorry, look elsewhere, I am not a leader of this community nor am I a moderator and I can and have misbehaved as much as anyone else -

WM

Threeonetwo,
    I don't want no teacher or master nor army drill sergeant to tell me, how to behave. And Winder sure has more urgent things to do (to sleep sometimes would be good, for example).

Hey, JARHEAD
    thanks for the link - didn't know the hat sketch. It's true: the British don't need to learn or invent comedy - they have a natural talent built into them!

UK_Widowmaker
    The old saying of "Two's company...three's a crowd"

As soon as you get a sizeable mix of passionate people together, discussing something they have differing views on...sooner or later, there will be fur flying!..such is life...we just soldier on!

Davy TASB
    Quote Originally Posted by Olham54 View Post
    Threeonetwo,
    It's true: the British don't need to learn or invent comedy - they have a natural talent built into them!
    ...watch this at your peril! :whistle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhmnOpoGAPw

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by UK_Widowmaker View Post
    The old saying of "Two's company...three's a crowd"

As soon as you get a sizeable mix of passionate people together, discussing something they have differing views on...sooner or later, there will be fur flying!..such is life...we just soldier on!
    Absolutely. And those without passion are those who spend most of their lives being doormats, if they can't flee confrontation for whatever reason.

If you believe in something, whatever it is, a thing or an idea or opinion, important or not, you get behind it. It's not always pretty but...such is life too.

Tanks, DAVY, for the link - yeah, the Pythons are very well known here since the seventies. Towards the end of the sketch, when it came to reading the joke to the Germans, I was worried a bit. I was afraid, they'd show them to be humourless and absolutely joke proof. Happy, they didn't!

UK_Widowmaker
    Classic Python!...had forgotten about that scetch!...thanks for the memory! hahahahahahaha

:FI:Pike
    More likely Siggy is English......not at all oversensitive.
    Pike

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by :FI:Pike View Post
    More likely Siggy is English......not at all oversensitive.
    Pike
    After 15 years of the internet I have the hide of a Dreadnought-class battleship.

Boxkite
    Quote Originally Posted by ivanmoe View Post
    RoF ought to compliment to OFF, and vice-versa. Both sims should bring folks together, rather than have them at each others throats. I have strong opinions about which side of the divide tends to cause problems, here and elsewhere, but I won't burden our readers with them.

As to you, young lady, thanks for being whole enough to share and be so open-minded in your approach to our hobby. These communities needn't be polarized like this, and no one should be put in a position of having to choose one game over the other.

As for me, I really have no interest in belonging to a club that would have someone like myself as a member!
    LOL- that Woody Allen.... !

Geier
    Groucho Marx I believe.

threeonetwo
    Quote Originally Posted by Winder View Post
    Sorry, look elsewhere, I am not a leader of this community nor am I a moderator and I can and have misbehaved as much as anyone else -

WM
    Cheers Winder.

Winder
    Quote Originally Posted by threeonetwo View Post
    Cheers Winder.
    No problem - now Buy OFF and have some WW1 fun I don't think you will regret it.

WM

ivanmoe
    Quote Originally Posted by Geier View Post
    Groucho Marx I believe.
    Google is really cute.

Do a search, and see what pops up when you key in "I would never" (obviously without the quoation marks).

Geier
    Haven't and won't Google it. I've read Groucho's biography and as far as I recall the quote is in there. If not, I can live with that too.