OFF Forum - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OFF Forum

Henry, Rabu and Shred, you're all correct in saying that I shouldn't let a few creeps cause me to leave but I am at the point where I can't stand to even look at the "call signs" of a few loud mouth agitators on this forum so for now I'm taking a break and maybe the bad apples will be gone in a while. I have met too many good people on this forum.

S! for now, Rip
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Duce Lewis
    As usual, it's not so much what you say, but how you say it

I actually learned quite a bit from that ugly post
    Ne sense going into details cause that would just be ringing the bell for round 2

ROF like any sim has it's pluses and minuses
    Now I have a better idea of both

I have no problem with fans of other sims posting here
    There's room on my HD for more than 1

I don't think these passionate "Know it Alls" sway very many opinions
    In fact, when someone is over bearing and obstinate, I value their opinions even less

Can't we all just state our opinions and respect others right to their thoughts too?

Winder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord13 View Post
    Henry, Rabu and Shred, you're all correct in saying that I shouldn't let a few creeps cause me to leave but I am at the point where I can't stand to even look at the "call signs" of a few loud mouth agitators on this forum so for now I'm taking a break and maybe the bad apples will be gone in a while. I have met too many good people on this forum.

S! for now, Rip
    C'mon Rip hang around - problem is that the 'bad apples' have always been swooping on this forum - so yeah nothing new.

WM

RIPCORD, you'll find bad apples in every tree, and black sheep in every family.
    Have a break, and come back (if you're as addicted as I am, it won't take long anyway - Lol!)

Beanie
    I agree with Duce Lewis. There will be people who think their opinions are always right where ever you go. Will their opinions change my life - no! So do not let the few spoil your enjoyment of one of the best forums around.

jayo
    And so it goes,Deja-Vu..........been here before,i cant believe people get so upset on this forum over a few dumbass comments.
    Is it the general age group of the OFF people here that makes them over sensitive to ill considered posts?
    Ive seen some really quite cutting posts in other forums (CombatAce to be prescise) that dont generate even a sliver of whingeing that this forum does.

Come on guys sort yourselves out and GET OVER IT, you are worth it.

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripcord13 View Post

S! for now, Rip
    The ironic thing is that you use the exact same language/attitude/behaviour you profess to despise to attack the targets of your displeasure.

So people make posts along the lines of "the sim I like is great, yours is crap", and use intemperate language etc, and you announce you're leaving because of it...and use equally, if not worse, intemperate language etc while doing it.

Please explain to me then why I shouldn't find your language and behaviour equally distasteful and announce my departure too?

The thing is, everyone has an opinion on stuff that's important to them, and everyone can forget themselves temporarily and use language that might be considered by others to be innappropriate. But rarely by themselves.

"My line in the sand is valid, yours is not".

I hope you don't consider this post to be further grounds for your departure. It is simply an opinion and an observation, and I hope I've put it in reasonable and polite terms that cause you no further offence.

threeonetwo
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggi View Post
    The ironic thing is that you use the exact same language/attitude/behaviour you profess to despise to attack the targets of your displeasure.

So people make posts along the lines of "the sim I like is great, yours is crap", and use intemperate language etc, and you announce you're leaving because of it...and use equally, if not worse, intemperate language etc while doing it.

Please explain to me then why I shouldn't find your language and behaviour equally distasteful and announce my departure too?

The thing is, everyone has an opinion on stuff that's important to them, and everyone can forget themselves temporarily and use language that might be considered by others to be innappropriate. But rarely by themselves.

"My line in the sand is valid, yours is not".

I hope you don't consider this post to be further grounds for your departure. It is simply an opinion and an observation, and I hope I've put it in reasonable and polite terms that cause you no further offence.
    Siggi, I'd take a good hard look and really think about what you wrote.

Cheers.

Siggi
    Quote Originally Posted by threeonetwo View Post
    Siggi, I'd take a good hard look and really think about what you wrote.

Cheers.
    'Nice' attempt, you'd need a far bigger hook.

Members who have read this thread: 0