PAWG_Wrangell Ready to go - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PAWG_Wrangell Ready to go

SOH-CM-2023
    I know from Facebook, Francois has been seriously under the weather the last week. Give him a few days and he might be able to help out...
    You can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    I know from Facebook, Francois has been seriously under the weather the last week. Give him a few days and he might be able to help out...
    Earlier I sent a message via his website explaining what I was trying to do. For now I'll go on to other endeavors, Thanks Brian.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I'm faced with having to reconsider a release of this scenery. It appears that any number of addons will have an adverse effect on it and all of them are beyond my ability to control. If at some point I find a way to make it compatible with every iteration known to man, lol. . .I'll release it. Sorry folks!
    Personally I was really looking forward to this and unlike others who have commented I don't believe most users have Tongass Fjords because its a product that is not being updated anymore, certainly there are going to be very few users who don't already own it who are going to buy it. I don't have it and have no plans to do so.

Remember this is the internet, you are never going to make everyone happy. It looks like an amazing package and I think you should share it, if its not compatible with some users well, that's too bad for them.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post
    Personally I was really looking forward to this and unlike others who have commented I don't believe most users have Tongass Fjords because its a product that is not being updated anymore, certainly there are going to be very few users who don't already own it who are going to buy it. I don't have it and have no plans to do so.

Remember this is the internet, you are never going to make everyone happy. It looks like an amazing package and I think you should share it, if its not compatible with some users well, that's too bad for them.
    I agree wholeheartedly!!

Priller

I also am in total agreement. I have two installations of FSXA: 1 civilian with only freeware civilian addons and 1 military with only freeware military addons. I fly to fly and not necessarily to sight see. I would assume that there are many like me and with similar setups...the only payware on these are a few ex-payware aircraft. Tongass Fjords? Not here nor did I have it for FS9 either.

I was really looking forward to Wrangell so I sure hope you will reconsider Ed. Since when does an add-on scenery need to fit every single configuration?

Pat

Quote Originally Posted by blanston12 View Post

Wholeheartedly agree here as well, you've done great work and I see no reason not to release it just because it isn't compatible with other add-ons.

I only mentioned Tongass Fjords compatibility as a bonus, because I do think many Southeast Alaska fans are flying with it (stop by Return to Misty Moorings for example), but you're under zero obligation to make your scenery match with anyone else's! I say release it for people to enjoy.

Parking spot looks perfect now, thanks.

Ed:

Set your scenery package up to 'stock' FSX and let everyone deal with their individual add-ons themselves !!

If you try to do something to match everything out there, your going to go absolutely nuts !!! LOL

WND

Quote Originally Posted by WND View Post
    Ed:
    Set your scenery package up to 'stock' FSX and let everyone deal with their individual add-ons themselves!!
    If you try to do something to match everything out there, your going to go absolutely nuts!!! LOL

WND
    Right you are Bill. . .and everyone else, no need to back away from it at this point. I will make it clear in the readme what will work and what won't and I'll leave it to those who want it to keep it or not. I'll get it uploaded in the morning.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Right you are Bill. . .and everyone else, no need to back away from it at this point. I will make it clear in the readme what will work and what won't and I'll leave it to those who want it to keep it or not. I'll get it uploaded in the morning.
    Duckie

"I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave!"

Intel i9-9900K; Noctua NH-D15 Chromax Cooler; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi;
    ASUS Dual RTX 2070 Super OC EVO; Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB 3200;
    WD Black 500GB PCIe M.2 SSD; 3 Samsung 860 EVO SSD; WD Black 2TB HDD;
    Corsair RM 850x Gold Full Modular PSU; Phanteks P600S Mid Tower; Win10 Pro
    My SOH Downloads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=79620&sort=d

Quote Originally Posted by Duckie View Post
    Just finished uploading both versions (FSX_P3D) about 20 minutes ago. Time for Rami to do his magic.

Current System Specs:

Why is Tongass Fjords scenery so important???

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Not important to the Wrangell Scenery I've done but it does enhance that area of Alaska considerably from what I've been told.

Current System Specs:

Tongass Fjords fills a blank space in Orbx Southern Alaska and it has a ton of float bases.

Thank you very much Ed, I can't wait to download your work. Presently I have 149 files and packages (all freeware, some multiple files of scenery just different devs) in my Alaska scenery folder. Your work is a much welcomed addition to that file. Payware quality too.

Again I thank you for your change of heart and sharing your work Sir! Take good care...

Exactly, it's not important for this particular scenery, but many people who enjoy simming in Southeast Alaska have the Tongass Fjords scenery and/or ORBX Southern Alaska and Pacific Fjords. Default FSX scenery is actually pretty good, I've always thought, in most places, but Southeast is an exception. The place is literally unrecognizable without add-on scenery.

Members who have read this thread: 0