Why is my thread locked? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is my thread locked?

Catfish
    Hello,
    don't believe them, the thread is locked because it's all a conspiracy !

Greetings,
    Catfish

Gousgounis
    Catfish is this your cat? Because It is PURE EVIL! :costumes:

Siggi
    That's what it wants you to think. It's actually a Centaurian.

Over50
    Quote Originally Posted by Gousgounis View Post
    Change antialiasing/antisotropic filtering, Vsync, and play a little with cfs3config overrides section (see the forum for more details). If the problem persists, make a thread with your problem.
    Just to comment..I've run into the same thing you're describing 3 or 4 times, where square patches of unrendered ground scenery will appear and the usual smoke trial behind my AC is multiple dark squares disappearing into the distance. Up to these occurances I was running with vsync forced off in the nvidia control panel to increase my frame rate, so I reset vsync to "force on" in the nvidia 3D control panel and haven't had a repeat .... yet. Not saying this is the fix but again I haven't seen it since. Could very well be a quirk with nvidia GPU drivers and OFF 3 too.

I'll reset vsync to forced on again and post back if it crops up again.

Over50
    [quote=Siggi;122227]You NEED to have them at zero in the cfs3.config.

Then go into your card's control-panel and set antialiasing/antisotropic, along with the v-sync.

Card's control-panel, right-click your desktop, properties and then the settings tab. Go advanced, you should see a tab for the control-panel then. You may even see a direct choice for it as soon as you right-click your desktop.

Be aware that you may have to manually add the cfs3.exe to your card's control-panel before you can alter settings for it.[/quote]

Siggi..

That's not quite true. The Nvidia control panel 3D settings options include setting up a specific profile for any game .exe with the parameters of your chosing such that every time you load/start the game it will load the profile. Other than this any game will apply the default or the global graphics settings you have plugged in.

Siggi
    [quote=Over50;122495]
    Quote Originally Posted by Siggi View Post
    You NEED to have them at zero in the cfs3.config.

Then go into your card's control-panel and set antialiasing/antisotropic, along with the v-sync.

Card's control-panel, right-click your desktop, properties and then the settings tab. Go advanced, you should see a tab for the control-panel then. You may even see a direct choice for it as soon as you right-click your desktop.

Be aware that you may have to manually add the cfs3.exe to your card's control-panel before you can alter settings for it.[/quote]

Siggi..

That's not quite true. The Nvidia control panel 3D settings options include setting up a specific profile for any game .exe with the parameters of your chosing such that every time you load/start the game it will load the profile. Other than this any game will apply the default or the global graphics settings you have plugged in.
    Isn't that what I meant? I didn't mean to say that the .exe had to be set-up every time one wanted to play the game, just that it might need to be done (the once).

I seem to remember the last driver coming with a whole bunch of .exes already included, including CFS3, but this one had only a few (and no CFS3).

Retired SOH Administrator Henry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Over50 View Post
    Just to comment..I've run into the same thing you're describing 3 or 4 times, where square patches of unrendered ground scenery will appear and the usual smoke trial behind my AC is multiple dark squares disappearing into the distance. Up to these occurances I was running with vsync forced off in the nvidia control panel to increase my frame rate, so I reset vsync to "force on" in the nvidia 3D control panel and haven't had a repeat .... yet. Not saying this is the fix but again I haven't seen it since. Could very well be a quirk with nvidia GPU drivers and OFF 3 too.

I'll reset vsync to forced on again and post back if it crops up again.
    Now thats what threads are for :ernae:
    any thread that starts bashing anyone or anything
    will be closed
    321 you asked and you recieved
    just because you started it does not mean you are the reason it got closed
    we are here to help each other not bash each other
    H

Over50
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry View Post
    Now thats what threads are for :ernae:
    any thread that starts bashing anyone or anything
    will be closed
    321 you asked and you recieved
    just because you started it does not mean you are the reason it got closed
    we are here to help each other not bash each other
    H
    Couldn't agree more. After 8 years participation in the Dell Community Forums prior to Dell's November, 2008 decision to turn it into a social interactive format vs support oriented format - and having quit there accordingly - the OFF 3 forum, while not a tech support venue per se, has been a delight for me where the majority of regulars have been great to communicate with and share ideas.

But human nature being what it is - and exacerbated by the anonymity of the Internet - the flamin', belittlein' and general outright classless one-upmanship some folks are prone to can only be controlled by deletion of the offending comment - or banning if need be. And that's where you come in - and I'm thankful of your presence to keep this forum civil as needed...

Members who have read this thread: 0