Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019 - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Flight Simulator Announced 2019

I'm shocked at the amount of immersion and systems modeling in this video.

https://youtu.be/McAkluYax7c

This is amazing, and unexpected to say the least. As I just posted on another forum, I can't see myself installing yet another flight simulator (I currently have 11), BUT I will at least check this out. It looks too good to not at least have a first hand look.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I'm shocked at the amount of immersion and systems modeling in this video.

https://youtu.be/McAkluYax7c
    Thats Flightbeam KDEN with the pmdg 777 and GSX, i can replicate that same video for you

This will happen over the upcoming months people will be posting fake videos for the new plaftorm just like people have done for the past 14yrs since fsx was released like fs2009, fs2015 etc etc

count me among the flabbergasted...
    what the hell just happened? Is this a real MS Flight Sim promo?
    am I glad I resisted buying into Xplane or P3D...?
    We've seen MS promotional vids before and been underwhelmed...and lets not forget how LONG it took for the hardware to get close to handling FSX - will this new venture be a repeat of all that?

On the other hand - what a fantastic render, from the lighting to the weather, to the terrain and scenery. If it has AI traffic, ATC, and any kind of 'living world' feel to it it 'should' be amazing.

I registered for the insider program - just to keep tabs on it

Thank you Ted for posting this video here. What a surprise!
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by 000rick000 View Post
    That shot is great. If you look closely I'm the video you'll see the heat blur from the exhaust.
    I’m seeing a lot of heat blur on the flightsim sites, t took ages just to load this thread! A huge mug of coffee and a monster bucket of popcorn is in order, methinks...
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Quote Originally Posted by heywooood View Post
    count me among the flabbergasted...
    what the hell just happened? Is this a real MS Flight Sim promo?
    am I glad I resisted buying into Xplane or P3D...?
    We've seen MS promotional vids before and been underwhelmed...and lets not forget how LONG it took for the hardware to get close to handling FSX - will this new venture be a repeat of all that?

On the other hand - what a fantastic render, from the lighting to the weather, to the terrain and scenery. If it has AI traffic, ATC, and any kind of 'living world' feel to it it 'should' be amazing.

I registered for the insider program - just to keep tabs on it

Thank you Ted for posting this video here. What a surprise!
    No modern games makes use of modern technology. Build for future hardware died years ago.

i7-4770K 4.4 Ghz - ASUS z87 PRO - Corsair H100i - 16 gig Kingston Beast DDR3 2166 Mhz - Gainward GTX 1070 GS GLH - CX 750M PSU - CoolerMaster HAF X case

Note that it's not called Flight Simulator 2019, just Flight Simulator. Could someone fix the topic title? It will help avoid confusion with those fake "Flight Simulator 2019" videos on YouTube, like the one linked earlier.

Heads up that, on the product page, there's a link to sign up for the Insider (alpha/beta) program:
    https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/mic...ight-simulator

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Note that it's not called Flight Simulator 2019, just Flight Simulator.
    Like it's a new start, a whole new world.
    Back-compatible or not this is just great!
    Terrific news.
    That's where most of us will be heading, I guess.
    Fingers crossed though, you never know.

To the SOH Admin. Let's join the replies in this thread to the one started my TuFun, as his title reflects the sim only and it's now known it's not an XBOX exclusive. Thanks!
    Yes, now You can play in FSX or P3D with XBox controller too .

NEW FSX incoming!!! This is BIG WOW and surprice from E3 2019!

FSX and P3Dv4 or 5 ... bye bye ; )))) ?!

2020 will be year of simmers ; D!

Trailer:

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

The title of this topic is wrong, not Microsoft Flight Simulator 2019.
    The relaes date is 2020 and the name is only Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Any moderator?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    The title of this topic is wrong, not Microsoft Flight Simulator 2019.
    The relaes date is 2020 and the name is only Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Any moderator?
    1st world problems

Quote Originally Posted by azflyboy View Post
    A flight simulator expo is going to have a few thousand attendees at best, and almost zero coverage from bigger gaming oriented websites. A presentation at E3 gets an audience of millions online, and a ton of coverage from big gamine sites, so this exposes it to a much larger potential audience than a flight sim expo.
    That's true! Although let me point out that what happens at the expo has reach beyond the people that attend.

I still conceive this to be a bit of a slap in the face of the FS community. They could've sent one dude over to Florida to talk about it with the hardcore fans of the genre, instead they sidestepped the whole community to go to the gamers. That's fine, I understand the motive - however it also makes me suspicious that they don't really care for the bunch of us. I just see the parallels with Flight.

On the other hand - new, posh, polished platform means opening flightsim to a new generation of users, which is in all of our best interests. So from that: good on you Microsoft!

Very impressive promo - initial target is quite unashamedly gamers and as a license on an X-Box system. 2020 is given as the release date and as far as the various blurbs go at the moment will be for XBox and PC (Windows 10). If the scenery and sky simulation is consistently as good as the few selected shots show, all over the world then it will be a winner with gamers no doubt. For simmers will come the perennial issues, can I add in my addons? especially aircraft and those out of the way scenery places Microsoft always forgets, will weather be real time? And can I use the flat screen as does XBox with the PC or not?

My gut feeling is yes and yes but knowing MS they will want to control the whole process and go the licenses and control the vendors for bits a routes which is not that desirable at all and if I remember correctly a certain now defunct owner of the last FSX sim program tried to do and failed. The whole new PC architecture and focus on game or visual performance and associated hardware is the most interesting aspect.

Under the hood it will be my guess familiar architecture for aircraft etc but the 64 million dollar question will be - Can you get at it? OR can developers get a bite without handing over a percentage to MS to do so?

Wait and see, certainly would not be launching into P3D or XPlane just yet.

Actually MS tried to control the 3rd party addon arena with Flight before DTG got hold of it and it flopped.
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    1st world problems
    I do not know if this is 1st world's problem, but it can certainly may cause users' mistakes about release date and too much "hope".

Members +
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    That's true! Although let me point out that what happens at the expo has reach beyond the people that attend.

I still conceive this to be a bit of a slap in the face of the FS community. They could've sent one dude over to Florida to talk about it with the hardcore fans of the genre, instead they sidestepped the whole community to go to the gamers. That's fine, I understand the motive - however it also makes me suspicious that they don't really care for the bunch of us. I just see the parallels with Flight.

On the other hand - new, posh, polished platform means opening flightsim to a new generation of users, which is in all of our best interests. So from that: good on you Microsoft!
    A slap in the face?
    Indeed, It should be pretty obvious to all, that there are far more gamers than simmers. And, do not forget, all the sims from the Microsoft stable, DID come from ACES Gaming Studio & was marketed as a game. As you are aware, P3D was built on ESP's core, Microsoft's commercial sim, & is marketed as 'Not for Entertainment' & can be licenced with appropiate hardware as a professional training device.. ie. Not a game.

So, for Microsoft to turn to gamers, well, an obvious choice, really!

Charter Member 2011
    and lets me honest, its not like the FS community hasn't slapped MS a few times in the past, fairs fair
    yes i know i cant spell half the time! Thank you kindly to those few who pointed that out

I saw the video ^ above on FS19 and as I heard passenger chatter getting off the plane it brought to mind this video and wonder if the buh byes would be incorporated

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xgu5tb

To the SOH Admin. Let's join the replies in this thread to the one started my TuFun, as his title reflects the sim only and it's now known it's not an XBOX exclusive. Thanks!
    Done Rick, I also changed the title to reflect the announcement.
    Regards, Tom Stovall KRDD

I'd like to see what they can do with a new version of FS, but based on previous experience, I'm going to hold off on getting too excited about it. Too many years of trust issues with MS when it comes to the latest and greatest flight sims. Flight comes to mind here.
    Let Being Helpful Be More Important Than Being Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Willy View Post
    I'd like to see what they can do with a new version of FS, but based on previous experience, I'm going to hold off on getting too excited about it. Too many years of trust issues with MS when it comes to the latest and greatest flight sims. Flight comes to mind here.
    But it was more of a marketing policy/strategy that sealed Flight's fate. The underlying sim had a lot of potential. If it hadn't been for MS in the first place, we probably wouldn't even have a flight sim community!

It's just typical in the flight sim world that everyone wants a modern, all-encompassing sim which uses the latest technology and then, when it looks like one is coming along, the prophets of doom appear before anyone really knows any actual details and risk killing it off (FSW springs to mind here)! I'm very excited about this but I'm also prepared to wait and see what's actually delivered rather than just speculating about it.

The "Prophets of Doom" didn't take down FSW, their own ignorance did. They ignored the entire community and pressed ahead with an agenda that was exclusive and decisive and then they wanted us to pay for "content" that would have been freeware elseware. Unfortunate as it was, their own lack of market research did them in. They pretended to understand the audience and went ahead saying one thing and pushing another. People voted with their wallets. The "Prophets of Doom" we're just level headed individuals who pointed out a cause and effect relationship with what might happen given certain decisions.

I really hope that this one pans out. But In have a sneaking suspicion that it will be DLC and micro transaction based. Also sounds like it will be streaming content from the MS AZURE Cloud.

A silver lining is that it is possible to enjoy a stand alone sim. If it's enjoyable as is. A living world, as it looks like might be just the thing.

I'm still hoping that the big news from LM regarding the new P3D gfx engine will have P3D looking like this does.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

X-Box project Scarlett. Due out at the end of the year. I would not mind a dedicated box like this for flight sim. Some of the new specs are going to be very good for gaming. 8K? 80-inch 8K TV will probably blow the budget to the point that you could buy a real plane. Wonder who will be doing scenery and aircraft add-ons?

-d
    Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

I think this tittle will use also ray tracing. Fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by YoYo View Post
    I think this tittle will use also ray tracing. Fingers crossed
    It will. At least for XBOX. That is going to be the standard.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Members who have read this thread: 0