I love short track NASCAR

Thread: I love short track NASCAR

I love short track NASCAR

With rain cancelling some practice and Xfinity qualifying yesterday, and rain threatening to halt evening and night activities, the Xfinity Series race was run at Richmond Raceway. Richmond is only a 3/4 mile track, but that means the aero packages don't mean much, it's brakes, suspension, drivetrain, driver, and pit crew that matter. The racing was exciting, going 3-wide through the turns and that is something that drivers don't want to do, but at Richmond they can do it for a couple of laps. Lots of passing, rubbing, and a few tempers flaring. I love short track racing and I do think it's best at night. NASCAR's roots and it does not get any better. Just my dos centavos.

Oh, and I think old Darrell Waltrip's vortex theory on circle track racing and weather was proven last night. The rain bands parted and went around the raceway.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Glad you liked the race Stan, I was there to see Jr do his last race there, fun stuff. A heck of a lot louder then it is on TV,LOL

Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Glad you liked the race Stan, I was there to see Jr do his last race there, fun stuff. A heck of a lot louder then it is on TV,LOL
    I just laugh when the tv coverage does the "crank it up" sound thing. There is no way that even the best sound system can replicate the ground and stands vibrating and smells of a race. It is something that must be experienced. I'm glad that my wife and I have experienced the races at Richmond.
    My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Members who have read this thread: 0