Help adding IndiaFoxtrotEcho USS America to AI Carriers?

Thread: Help adding IndiaFoxtrotEcho USS America to AI Carriers?

Help adding IndiaFoxtrotEcho USS America to AI Carriers?

Hello,

I downloaded the IndiaFoxtrotEcho USS America the other day, and went to install it, but I don't have TacPack like it says in the read me. Can I add it with AI Carriers somehow?

there is more than one way to add ships to AICarriers - but try this

[formation.x] <------just change this to the number in sequence after the last entry in YOUR aicarriers.cfg file..
    title=LHA
    unit.0=USS America LHA-6 empty deck, 0, 0
    unit.1=VEH_cruiser01, -1600, -100
    unit.2=USNS_PATUXENT, 1600, 200

in your AICarriers folder you will see your aicarriers.cfg file - open it with 'notepad' and add this entry making sure to change the 'x' as indicated
    enter..the Sandman

visit Heywood Planes - YouTube

also note that the USNS Patuxent is not a default FSX ship, but part of Javier's Enterprise carrier kit - in case anyone else were to try the aicarriers.cfg entry I have posted
    enter..the Sandman

Thanks for the help, I have that ship installed as well.

If I may make a suggestion...

If you start adding formations to the root AICarriers.cfg file, you can rapidly wind up with an immensely bloated, unwieldy, and fairly unusable AICarriers menu once you load it into the sim.
    The trick is to leave the root .cfg file alone. Don't add formations to it. Instead, make new .cfg files in the conf.d folder. That's what it's there for. This makes it possible to, instead of adding more and more pages to the in-sim menus, only add the formations and ships you plan on using for the particular session.
    Once you've made the different .cfg files for the different formations and/or individual ships you desire, store them in another folder someplace, and only swap in the formations you desire. I personally made a folder called BAXX under the conf.d folder. In it, I literally have dozens, maybe a hundred or so, .cfg files I can use. I have ships, individually, and in different formations, helicopter sling loads, the list is vast. BUT, doing it this way permits me to keep a very manageable in-sim AIC menu tree, and I know just where to find the formation I desire for the simming I plan to do this session. I simply copy the desired.cfg file into the conf.d folder from the BAXX folder, deleting whatever may be in there. When I decide on a different scenario, I do it again, with a different .cfg file.
    I never have more than two, at most ever three, menu pages in-sim. Much easier to find what I want quickly and easily, rather than going through page after page of menu choices. I want to do CQ's on the Numb-Nutz, I load that .cfg file into the conf.d folder. Next time, I decide I want to practice hoisting helicopter, or MV-22, sling loads, I delete the Numb-Nutz .cfg file, and load in the sling loads .cfg file. Easy to find the load I want to carry, and away I go.

All this is only a suggestion for a way to use AICarriers. Naturally, it's your sim, and you can use it as you choose.
    As always, the point is to have fun with it
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

correct, if one is going to add several formations then using the folder is best.
    for me - only this one, for use with helo's and VTOL aircraft is added, along with one small Enterprise carrier group for traps and cats.
    enter..the Sandman

Thanks for the help and advice guys, i'll make some separate cfgs soon.

Fsx lhd6

Hello
    I was looking fir LHD 6 for fsx but i couldnt find it can you send to me download link.
    Best regrads

Members who have read this thread: 1