DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon

Thread: DCS F-16C Fighting Falcon

Hybrid View

​Cockpit at Night WIP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen_190910_171958.jpg  

Patrick

This aircraft looks awfully good. Will we see an Alpha (or is it Beta) release soon? Anything that gets it in to my hands....I'm READY (not that I don't already have too many planes on which I'm not fully checked out)! Come on, give it to me.
    Jay
    USNR-Ret; Former Airline Migratory Worker; Builder, Owner, Operator RV-8 N817J
    Comp Spec - ASRock Steel Legend WiFi M/B, Ryzen 7 5800X, RX 6900 XT, 32GB RAM, M2 SSD for DCS, SATA SSD for MSFS2020

Yes, my personal guess is about 3 weeks until it enters Early Access. The official statement is that it will enter EA in "Early Autumn". But with all the video activity, it seems that this might be ready almost for the very start of Autumn. I personally have been thinking they've been delaying it since the TWS is not complete on the Hornet yet, and they SWORE UP AND DOWN, that the TWS would be complete prior to Viper EA. So if you want to save $16 you can buy it now in Pre-order. It's so close that it doesn't really mater anymore. Autumn is one week away.
    MACH 3 DESIGN STUDIO
    Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

Quote Originally Posted by rvn817j View Post
    This aircraft looks awfully good. Will we see an Alpha (or is it Beta) release soon? Anything that gets it in to my hands....I'm READY (not that I don't already have too many planes on which I'm not fully checked out)! Come on, give it to me.
    If I remember correctly,Wags stated it will be "Very Soon" and actually the "Cold/Dark" start up video would be his last before The Viper goes EA "Early Access" so you know when that's released we're going to be "Very Close"

Patrick

Good news! Although, I just jumped in the F-14 today, for only the third time, and I really need to do some serious flying in that jet. Lots to do in the Hornet still too. I NEED to start using DCS more.
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

***mini update***

"
    Hey everyone, a little Viper update is in order as we approach early Autumn 2019.

First, we still plan to release the Viper into early access sometime in early Autumn 2019. We don’t have a specific day because several items are in flux, and any one of them could change any announced date. While we posted 25 September on Steam (a day is required to list a product on Steam), that is only a best estimate and not in stone. Once we have a firm date, we will announce it. This is not something we are purposely withholding.

The big areas we are working on to get the Viper before we release it:

• Finalizing CCIP and CCRP bombing modes.
    • Tuning the flight model and braking system. Much of this involves drag values.
    • RWS and ACM air-to-air radar modes.
    • Air-to-air gun, AIM-9, and AIM-120.
    • CMDS.
    • HMCS.
    • Cold start procedures.
    • Tuning the NVIS cockpit lighting.
    • External model, in particularly the landing gear and aircraft underside. Even at early access release, the skin will still be preliminary.
    • We are also working hard on the Litening targeting pod with LGBs, but we can’t promise this will be ready in time for the early access release, but it’s something already well underway.

Thanks,
    Wags

Patrick

When it's ready, then it's done! Having helped develop models for years now and seeing how things go (especially the last minute bugs that seem to be a never ending headache), I understand well the process. It will be worth the wait. This will bring back the good ole days of Falcon 3.0 & 4.0 but much better. BTW, does anyone remember using Spectrum Holobyte Falcon 3.0 and the scrolling "Elvis Lives" sign off the end of the Nellis runways? lol! It would be so funny if someone recreated that as a Map Mod Object just for old times.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Members who have read this thread: 0