FSX Steam edition: new update?!

Thread: FSX Steam edition: new update?!

FSX Steam edition: new update?!

Hi guys,

sorry but I have to ask, since I'm not sure whether my mind is playing tricks on me.

Today I fired up FSX:SE again after not flying for a couple of days or a week .
    But instead of starting up as usual it began to start downloading and applying an update (size of which was around 280 MB)
    I double checked,whether it was a steam update or fsx update , but the update window/Progress window clearly said

"FSX: steam edition updating" and it was also listed on the games library ->update.
    However when I clicked on "view update" there was no mention of any update to the core programm on the product page , only the usual
    just flight addon news.
    So I dont know, what exactly was updated.

So my question to you other FSX: SE users, did you also receive this update?
    Very strange...

Kind regards,

Oliver

I'm not aware of any updates, but I did notice that FSX-SE loaded very slowly when I fired it up yesterday. I'll also add that I think that Steam is well maintained and that FSX generally well served by the Steam affiliation. Is there an update log to view?

Quote Originally Posted by Flapsfull View Post
    Hi guys,

-----So my question to you other FSX: SE users, did you also receive this update?
    Very strange...

Kind regards,

Oliver
    Yes, about two days ago. I am sure because as usual, in Windows 10 it makes the menu defer to a default very small font in the menus bar. I quickly fix it by going to the FSX.exe file in the root directory, select properties/compatibility and reset high DPI settings to OVERRIDE performed by SYSTEM. A very annoying feature of updates that many people complain about on the web, though the fix is easy after an update.

I think its good that DT is still maintaining it. I was afraid after there FSW disaster they would abandon it.

Edit: I just fired up my copy, after not using it for some months and no update downloaded.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Have you bought any addons through Steam ?
    Maybe one of them had an update.
    Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero
    i9-9900K
    32Gb Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR4 3200MHz
    MSI RTX 2080Ti Ventus
    Corsair H115i Cooler
    Corsair RM850X PSU
    Phanteks Evolv X case
    Asus VG32G Monitor 2560x1440
    Win 10
    Oculus Quest 2
    Logitech G29
    Saitek X56
    Saitek Pro Pedals
    Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel

It was not an update for the sim, it was a Redistributables update for the games that use it in your library.
    I had a few of my games get the update.

Joe
    I7 6700K @ 4.8 / Gigabyte Z170X UD3 / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ 3200mhz / EVGA GTX 1070 Ti FTW Ultra 8GB / EVGA SuperNova 750 G2
    Samsung 960 Evo NVMe M.2 250gb Boot Drive / 960 Evo 1 TB SSD - Game Drive / WD Blue 500GB SSD - Sim Drive / WD Black 1TB HD
    Fractal Design Celsius S36 AIO Cooler / Fractal Design Define R6 / LG
    32GK850G-B 32" 1440P 144Hz G-Sync Monitor

Hi,

ok glad to hear that at least some of you also got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerous Beans View Post
    Have you bought any addons through Steam ?
    Maybe one of them had an update.
    I have one or two , but none of them are installed right now, so that should preclude them from being automatically updated.

Guess most likely it's then Joes explanation , that the redistributables for the games got updated , would make the most sense,
    though so far , I haven't been able to locate an update log or information.

At least its nice to know that FSX:SE still receives some basic care , even if not actual updates.

Kind regards,

Oliver

Members who have read this thread: 0