FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton - Page 9
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: FSX Native Howard 500 from Milton

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Funny, I almost started that one last night.... Maybe
    I think that one maybe copyrighted. See #118.
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark62 View Post
    Marvellous!...

Thanks Milton and all involved.

Gary.
    Where can I find this livery? I didn't see it in the new FSX/P3d release....

I have uploaded the liveries I did not include in the package.

PM me for a link.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Shupe View Post
    I have uploaded the liveries I did not include in the package.

PM me for a link.
    Milton
    I found your link and now have the texture.sh livery now.
    Thanks for all the extra liveries too.

Just wondering - patiently, respectfully - if there may be any further new on these fine models?
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

Quote Originally Posted by gray eagle View Post
    I think that one maybe copyrighted. See #118.
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us
    Hmm,

I know zero about the law around this... However, seems to me that would be a problem if I was trying to sell something, or paint my own plane in a similar manner to theirs and had a business around it. But, being that this is a completely different medium; if I did it I would be giving the work away for free with the stipulation that it could NOT be used for sale in any product; the point of creating the repaint would be to represent flying the actual plane, in effect doing free advertising for them and garnering interest in others to actually go out and see the plane; it seems to me the reason their response was non-sensical and then silent was because there would probably be no legal problem in the end and/or they probably don't care all that much. If they did care their answer would have been a resounding "No". The Howard is a free model, there's no money going around on this, I personally don't see an issue here. And, yes, I do believe in paying people for their work and never expect anything for free.

I do know stinks have been made in the past from airlines and such (as weird as it may seem.. for valid business reasons), and I suppose that they could attempt to go after Lockheed for some of their profits. But I highly doubt they'd bother to try. I'd be happy to give them every cent I make off of the repaint

IOW, if it's stopping others from doing the paint, unless Milton has a problem with it, if I can find the time for it, I'll do it.

I welcome a response from the owners to my statement above. Obviously I'd be giving them full credit for the design and letting people know exactly who owns the plane and where people can go see it.

https://www.schemedesigners.com/copyright-information/

• Any use of the scheme by anyone other than the client and Scheme Designers, Inc. for any purpose whatsoever is considered an infringement of the copyright and is subject to enforcement of the copyright by Scheme Designers, Inc. and/or its clients.

© 1997 to 2019 by Scheme Designers, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms and conditions.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

• Any use of the scheme by anyone other than the client and Scheme Designers, Inc. for any purpose whatsoever is considered an infringement of the copyright and is subject to enforcement of the copyright by Scheme Designers, Inc. and/or its clients.
    I would be very surprised if they took action against freeware repaints of their designs in a flight sim. And if they did, they would face looking a bit foolish if it ever got before a sensible judge or arbitrator. Their business is painting real airplanes, not digital ones in a game. They could not prove economic loss. Of course, if they wanted to be jerks - like a well known biz jet maker - they might send a "cease and desist letter" and the sim painter could then sensibly decide to take down his or her earnestly prepared and generously shared work. That would be the end of it.

Intellectual property right infringement is not the same as "breaking the law" or doing anything "illegal." It is up to the copyright owner whether or not to spend the time and money enforcing their valid rights against others pirating their work. Here that would seem unlikely. Please don't misunderstand my point: copyrights are important and holders of these are fully entitled to enforce them and these laws are necessary to protect people's valuable creative work. This is about the practicality of this company doing anything re sim repaints. This is reinforced by the fact that there are a large number of their sample paint jobs on their site that already appear on many downloadable freeware repaints - I bet most of you have some of them (e.g., check out their warbirds samples) - and there are no apparent reports of their doing anything about it.
    Striker, listen, and you listen close: flying a plane is no different than riding a bicycle, just a lot harder to put baseball cards in the spokes.

I shouldn't be all that difficult to contact them or TP Aero.

Base drawings are created by Scheme Designers, Inc. for use in creating paint scheme designs for its clients. Should you wish to obtain a base drawing of an aircraft for personal use, contact Scheme Designers, Inc. for permission and we will be glad to share it with you. Base drawings are not shared for commercial purposes, and are not to be used for any commercial purpose without the express prior written permission of Scheme Designers.

I do agree that for freeware that it's shouldn't be a problem.

"Time is God's way of keeping everything from happening at once"

Thanks for all the comments; greatly appreciated.

We have two more Howard type variants in the paint shop - a Trigear and a taildragger actually based on the Lockheed L-18.

The Trigear is really a sweet ground handler and flyer.

Attached Thumbnails
    Just wondering if these fine fellas have made it out of the paint shop?

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    Just wondering if these fine fellas have made it out of the paint shop?
    Hello Expat; Wellis and I are about done with these two so not much longer to wait.

Wellis is wrapping up the Tri-gear liveries and working on the taildragger scheme I believe.

Maybe he will chip in for a more up-to-date report.

Thanks for hanging in there with us on these two craft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ms-2019-aug-16-001.jpg   ms-2019-aug-16-004.jpg  
    Last edited by Milton Shupe; August 16th, 2019 at 10:05.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Looking mighty fine + appreciate the update!

SOH-CM-2023
    Drooling over the Tri-Gear...
    You can't take the sky from me...

Hi Brian; shouldn't be much longer.

We were wondering whether to show weathering or keep it clean.
    Panel lines and rivets are subtle, bumps and specs active.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

SOH-CM-2023
    Hi Brian; shouldn't be much longer.

We were wondering whether to show weathering or keep it clean.
    Panel lines and rivets are subtle, bumps and specs active.

Clean please but maybe a weathering layer in the paint kit?

I mean if owner the real one, if I wasn't flying it, I'd be waxing it (even though it's a pain. I used to clean airplanes for a living. I can tell you where every rivet is on a King Air C-90.....)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Clean please but maybe a weathering layer in the paint kit?

I mean if owner the real one, if I wasn't flying it, I'd be waxing it (even though it's a pain. I used to clean airplanes for a living. I can tell you where every rivet is on a King Air C-90.....)
    Man, that's got to be a lot of work.

But, Clean it shall be then. :-)

BTW Brian, do you use gmax at all?
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Hello Expat; Wellis and I are about done with these two so not much longer to wait.

Wellis is wrapping up the Tri-gear liveries and working on the taildragger scheme I believe.

Maybe he will chip in for a more up-to-date report.

Thanks for hanging in there with us on these two craft.

Yes, thanks for hanging in indeed. My wife and I have been dealing with some RW things here the last several weeks and for the second time since the end of July a beloved pet will not be with us for much longer (we lost the first one 29 July). Over the course of the last 10 days or so I have attempted to remain distracted from raw emotions and focused on finishing up my part in this, with mixed results. As Milton said, I too apologize for this dragging on.

I hope to have the final drafts to Milton in the next few days and paint kits tidied up a short while after.

As far as the finish on the two models I have not done any weathering as the available photos of the liveries I have chosen depict clean and highly polished machines. However, I will include a weathering layer or layers to the paint kits. I should note that the taildragger version uses components (wings and engines) of the original Lodestar kit (I am not the author) and has weathering built in. This will add a day or two.

Anyway I will strive to have this done by the end of next week. Attached is a screen cap of the livery I am doing for the taildragger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-08-17_07h42_25.jpg  

Looks great! Thanks for all your good and hard work on this.

SOH-CM-2023
    BTW Brian, do you use gmax at all?
    Nope. I was an FSDS man from wayyyy back in 2000 or so. I recently repurchased FSDS 3.5 but haven't really done anything with it other than a quick scenery object for my personal use... Mostly I've been trying to convert a few older FS9 models to FSX native for my own use.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Nope. I was an FSDS man from wayyyy back in 2000 or so. I recently repurchased FSDS 3.5 but haven't really done anything with it other than a quick scenery object for my personal use... Mostly I've been trying to convert a few older FS9 models to FSX native for my own use.
    Yes, I do recall that history; used to fly some of your aircraft back in the day. :-)

The reason I asked, I want to share all my gmax inventory for those interested and was thinking of you, some of the CFS2 guys, and Shessie. among others.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here

Members who have read this thread: 1