Vietnam War Project ?

Thread: Vietnam War Project ?

Vietnam War Project ?

Was there a project started months back (?) to convert The Vietnam War Project for use in P3D ? I could be totally wrong on this but what an addition this would be to P3D . I could only imagine the time and work it would take to do this ?

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

Originally Posted by Corvette99
    I have been working on converting the "Vietnam War Project" scenery and objects to P3Dv4 , and trying to find v4 compatible aircraft for the traffic . So far it's turning out pretty nice ! "

I found the tread , I had ask this before . I might try to get ahold of Corvette99 and see if this project is still going on . I hope so .

Rich
    USAF Retired , 906 Tactical Fighter Group , Wright Patterson AFB , Ohio
    I7-9700K , MSI/MPG-Z390M , 32GB DDR4 3200 , RTX 2080 8GB

I currently fly missions in the FSX@War P3D compatible version 1.2.3. I believe that is the last version before the team broke up that was developing it. Great piece of software. There is a pack you will have to install, do a google search on this "FSX@War SEA 1.2.7". You will have to add it to the P3D Scenery and you will have to have FSX@War running to see the scenery. It's not a completely finished theater though. I was in the process of trying to covert the old FSX Vietnam War project, but when FSX@War came out with that theater I stopped work on it.

Hope this helps.

Edit: forgot to mention I hope that the scenery guru's here would look into finishing that theater and create some other scenery, like North Korea, Iraq/DESERT STORM, etc. I'm currently (when I have a few moments or take a break from writing code) working on an NTTR theater. If ever get it finished I'll create an install pack and release it.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

I was on the FSX@War SEA theater team and we tried quite a few times to contact the Vietnam War Project people.
    Unfortunately, we never got any replies.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Did anyone get as far as adapting the VnW AI aircraft for P3D? If not, do you know of any sites with P3d v4 compliant downloads of Vietnam era military a/c ?

Quote Originally Posted by Obie311 View Post
    Did anyone get as far as adapting the VnW AI aircraft for P3D? If not, do you know of any sites with P3d v4 compliant downloads of Vietnam era military a/c ?
    I have been working on a very broad P3D Southeast Asia project for quite some time now, but it is primarily in conjunction with Tacpack, FSX@War and CCP. One of the issues that came up was that AI aircraft performance was very hit or miss....most often with it being a miss. It didn't seem to matter if it was VnW or MAIW or any other "brand".....the aircraft would not fly properly or they would fly with chocks and flags still in place or they did not have landing gear.....really all kinds of stuff was going on.
    I was getting frustrated with it, so I decided to instead focus on adding Tacpack capability to some aircraft instead. I plan on re-attacking the AI issues once I get them finished though.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by awstub View Post
    <major snip>
    I plan on re-attacking the AI issues once I get them finished though.
    Thanks!

I have patched together an AI package from some aircraft that display completely in P3D but I will await your package when you have time to deal with. I think the VnW L20A is brilliant. I converted all the .bmp textures to .dds as some of the roofs weren't displaying.

I didn't quite understand FSX@war so I never tried it.

Members who have read this thread: 0