Beginner Help Request

Thread: Beginner Help Request

Beginner Help Request

Good morning, gentlemen.

I recently dusted off my old CFS3 disks and installed the game.

My primary reason was to install my purchased WOFF ultimate edition. I must say it was a shocker! amazing!

But then it got me thinking that maybe someone has improved the old old CFS3 game, which really wasn't that great when I first bought it.

But now that I have my uber machine it should be able to shine right? Alas, with so many addons and mods, how is one to know what are the best recommended addons to visually improve the game today.

So, I'm posting to request some patient assistance and request a "must have' list of addons here to help me get started on a better CFS3 experience.

Thank you in advance for any support.

KevinB

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Hey Kevin , The best place to start is with the New package for stock CFS3 in the sticky section. But before that there are all the expansions that are also available in the sticky section. Next would be the warbirds library section at the top of page. Go to the CFS3 section and have a look. There is a TON of stuff!! Be sure to read all you can in the CFS3 sticky section as there may be answers to any questions you may have. Good luck ! If you have questions feel free to ask. There is usually someone who can help. Regards,Scott

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Forgot to mention that you always want to keep a vanilla stock(updated) version of CFS3 for the expansions and later work.

The single biggest thing you can do to start improving the visuals is to use AnKor's Shaders. From there the list of improved aircraft, terrain, clouds, special effects, and major theater mods seems almost endless.
    US Army, Major, Ret.

Service To The Line,
    On The Line,
    On Time

US Army Ordnance Corps.

Since u've got WOFF ultimate, u might want to use WOFF terrain & clouds. You can ask Gecko how to import WOFF terrain into CFS3. Like majormagee says ANKOR Shader is a must have here. The rest is your own choices.

Thank You

Thank you, Gentlemen.

I'll start with your advice(s).

KevinB

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Bookman1960 View Post
    Thank you, Gentlemen.

I'll start with your advice(s).

KevinB
    Hi Bookman1960,

Ankor's shaders are included in my stock upgrade (see sticky). The purpose of the upgrade is to show how good "entry level" CFS3 can look.

For those more confident with editing .bat files, the multi-era and multi-location installs (ETO 1.50 and Rising Run) are terrific and contain thousands of hours' work from dedicated teams. I suppose ETO is my favourite; because it feels more "complete" than RS.

However these days I am testing a lot of ideas and am quite happy using my Stock Upgrade as a test mule...

Members who have read this thread: 0