Hidden airplan file in fsxse

Thread: Hidden airplan file in fsxse

Hidden airplan file in fsxse

Recently Purchased The ARCHER III from Steam..,,Give the money? They D/L The Model.....Its Works, Fun to fly..However I cannot find as to Where the File is" not in Airplanes ,or anywhere i can get it open it read the CFG! NOTHING!...never seen that...Anyone know the secrete place FSXSE hide the file? All This while i use it ,Fly it...If Anyone Can help? Will appreciate it THNX! !

Look in Directory:
    Steam/steamapps/common/FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes

You can also look for a folder labeled DLC, funder the FSX:SE folder. It's where Steam puts aircraft you purchase from them. Why? No idea.
    But anywho, look under the main DLC folder for your plane. It should be there someplace. It'll be arranged just like it would be if it were located in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes.

It's just one of those little quirks Steam has.

Hope this helps a little bit...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

Thnx Both...Pat and Illanning08.....The two methods worked... great relief..THANK YOU BOTH

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomTweak View Post
    You can also look for a folder labeled DLC, funder the FSX:SE folder. It's where Steam puts aircraft you purchase from them. Why? No idea.
    Well, there's something else I didn't know. Just out of curiosity I looked in my own DLC folder and the Virtavia made-for-Steam E-2C Hawkeye was in there. Pat, you have a lot of good info.

If you're wondering what directories might contain airplanes, look in your fsx.cfg file in users\username\appdata\roaming\microsoft\FSX

somewhere down in that file you'll find a bunch of paths. These are the active locations FSX is allowed to read from to find aircraft (and other stuff).

You'll find a section like this (I like to create a bunch of directories to help me keep things organized. It can get to be a pain when developers hard code paths into their planes, but I usually can figure it out.)

[Main]
    User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
    SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
    SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Addon Airplanes
    SimObjectPaths.2=Aircraft
    SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\FS9
    SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
    SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
    SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\Carriers
    SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\Cars
    SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\Boats
    SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\Animals
    SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\Misc
    SimObjectPaths.11=SimObjects\Tanks
    SimObjectPaths.12=SimObjects\AI

Quick question...

So FS9 objects will/might work for/in FSX Gold? Or is it hit and miss similar to some FS9 aircraft working and some simply do not?

Still learning here and trying to keep up....thanks

Quote Originally Posted by p14u2nv View Post
    So FS9 objects will/might work for/in FSX Gold? Or is it hit and miss similar to some FS9 aircraft working and some simply do not?

Still learning here and trying to keep up....thanks
    FS9 stuff might work. You'll run into issues with cockpit glass, propellers not looking correct, and VC-panels not working. Basically, transparency changed with FSX.

If you look around, you'll often find downloads that upgrade FS9 versions of planes to FSX if there's one in particular you want.

That FS9 directory I'm referencing are all the default planes from FS2004 transferred to FSX. I don't remember if I made any changes to them to get them to work.

Members who have read this thread: 0