Whose car and where am I?

Thread: Whose car and where am I?

Whose car and where am I?

Hey All,

Likely easy for those who know this kind of racing...

The dots just cover up a name and flag...

-Ed-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181024_135021281-picsay.jpg  
    My heroes have always been cowboys and they all carried guns-
    and they all rode horses-that is all but one.
    When he went to the rescue he flew a Cessna plane.
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Icon2

Very simple one
    EJ/MS

Hey All,

And where am I to get this photo?

-Ed-
    His ranch was called the "Flying Crown" and "Sky King" was his name. -Jim Dilly-

The rich man writes the book of laws that the poor man must defend, but the highest laws are written on the hearts of honest men. - Ricky Skaggs-

Hey All,

Another one...

What can you tell me about this car (model an more) and where am I to get this photo?

-Ed-
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20181017_152716443-picsay.jpg  

Hey All,

The first was easy to ID - where is harder and I suspect only a few might know where that car is. A clue if you love model trains you may be able to guess the correct city.

The second I suspect only a true F1 afficiaondo will know. Suffice to say it is affiliated with a heavy truck company.-Ed-

Hey All,

Well I'll just tell you. I actually thought Ferry might know the answers.

The Schumacher car that he drove for 400 meters at Spa in 93 if I recall correctly is at the auto prototype museum in Hamburg Germany. It is a very small museum but pretty cool. If you are ever in Hamburg I recommend it.

The second car is one that few would know. It is an F1 Williams car with a cvt. Cvt is a continuously variable transmission. It was test driven by Coulthard in 93 I think an was fast. The F1 governing body decided not to allow cvts because they were too fast!!! This car is now in the DAF museum in Eindhoven Netherlands. The DAF museum was outstanding. DAF has a long history in multiple kinds of racing and has created fascinating cars and trucks throughout time. Now days DAF is trucks and is a part of Paccar who also owns Kenworth and peterbuilt. The mx engines in peterbuilt and Kenworth trucks are DAF engines.

Yes my wife and I flew to Heathrow and drove to Hamburg and back wonderful trip and I can post more from Hamburg eindhoven and elsewhere. And I don't even want to start on driving in England. Suffice to say I survived!

Just a little trivia from a NASCAR fan.

-Ed-

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post
    The Schumacher car that he drove for 400 meters at Spa in 93 if I recall correctly
    1991 actually.

This car was not only driven by Michael Schumacher (he only drove her once). The #32 Jordan 191 was driven most of the season by Bertrand Gachot (best finish of 5th at Montreal), by Schumacher at Spa, by Roberto Moreno at Monza and Estoril, then by Alessandro Zanardi the remaining three races. The #33 car was driven by Andrea de Cesaris the whole season.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEd View Post

Well I'll just tell you. I actually thought Ferry might know the answers.
    I would have known, but since you posted the photo when I went to bed, and the answer four minutes before my alarm clock went off this morning…

I'm ashamed to admit I never visited the DAF museum, though it is still on my list. Even more now I know there's an F1 car there!
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxane-21 View Post

This car was not only driven by Michael Schumacher (he only drove her once).
    And if it wasn't for Bertrand Gachot assaulting a cab driver in London with a can of mace, Schumacher wouldn't have been in that car.
    His manager paid a good sum to Eddie Jordan who was desperately looking for a replacement driver, and told him that Schumacher had experience at Spa (Which he didn't have, although he didn't live that far away!)
    He qualified well, but broke his clutch on the start. Next race he was already in the Benetton.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Members who have read this thread: 0