P-47 Progress Thread

Thread: P-47 Progress Thread

Hybrid View

Thanks Tom!

Today I welded the tail feathers to the basic fuselage shape - it seems a decent fit. It's the one without the fin fillet (that will come later). I still have to think of what to do with the hole in the tail cone in front of the rudder. On the real thing this is roughly where the cables, bell cranks and other mechanical linkages between the rudder / elevator and the cockpit controls run, but I really don't want to model the interior of the fuselage as well. It 'll probably come to me later.

The light blue canopy still is the old one. You can see that is both too high and too high riding on the model. Still wrestling with it's shape. I am also not happy with the secondary cowling's curvature. Even though I used the original ordinates etc., it leaves a fairly large gap between the fuselage and the primary cowling with cowl flaps in the closed position (not shown in the screenie) - too large IMHO. So I think I will try to model that part again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Teaser10.jpg  

ACC Member, ETO and PTO contributor & librarian

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Coming along nicely.Not to worry i know you will get it right. Regards,Scott

Members who have read this thread: 44