C-2 Greyhound and E-2C Hawkeye - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C-2 Greyhound and E-2C Hawkeye

I personally would rather have it a little late, yet more complete and have no issue with it being two packages.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    After the Typhoon (thanks for the Gina texture BTW!) I'm really looking forward to them however they come!
    just don't call 'Zulu' (Her Tail Coding) that 'GiNA' name in front of the techs/mechs or old crew of her... I got my ear chewed about it when I slipped up saying it

looking forwards to the pack Dino, whichever way you do it; whether solo packages or bundled!

Indeed the avionics are classified - the flight manuals, however, do report the general layout of the station (in order to depict where the radio controls are) and there are pics here and there.
    None is clear enough to read the labels on the switches, however.
    Anyway, I think we could live with some guessing and a little bit of fiction... in any case the radar system would need to be adjusted to FSX/P3D.

Also, I have placed a poll on my facebook page to collect potential users' preference on going for a single package (E-2 and C-2 models in one product, shared cockpits with some inaccuracies) or two separate packages (C-2 and E-2 sold separately but with more accurate cockpits - and possibly the radar station for the E-2).
    Should I decide to go for separate products, the E-2 may slip after Christmas.
    Aside, the price of each package will be the same of my previous offerings (25€ plus taxes) - just because it makes accounting much easier...
    Personally I prefer second option. Voted.
    Btw. what about TacPack?
    Do You have to add it here Dino? I havent idea about options but maybe NVG, Tacan Carrier (VOR), so no weapon fonctions.
    Id like to see also rain effect on windshields for P3Dv4 users, like default Maule .
    Thx for any reply!
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

@Yoyo

Unarmed planes are intrinsically "valid" for Tacpack... However it would be cool to use the Tacpack radar functions for a better radar emulation on the E-2, but currently Tacpack is hard-coded for forward looking radar only.

Rain effect is unlikely to happen, at least initially, since using it disrupts the compatibility with FSX.

Looking forward to that in this livery as seen below:

Quote Originally Posted by Dino Cattaneo View Post
    Rain effect is unlikely to happen, at least initially, since using it disrupts the compatibility with FSX.
    So both installers maybe? Pretty please .
    If You can for sure . Just idea.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I don't use Facebook so I cannot vote, but I would go for the second option as well.
    I just saw the current poll results and I like the results so far

The screenshots you posted earlier are simply awesome. Photorealistic textures everywhere... unbelievable
    Can't wait to see the final versions.

I'd like to see an option with the E-2C package to have the current 8-bladed props.
    That opens up more modern uses since they've been standard for well over a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    I don't use Facebook so I cannot vote, but I would go for the second option as well.
    I just saw the current poll results and I like the results so far

The screenshots you posted earlier are simply awesome. Photorealistic textures everywhere... unbelievable
    Can't wait to see the final versions.
    Yep, the result (till now) is good for second option . I can wait more for second plane.

I think realistically splitting them isn't going to have a great ROI.

Unless you're planning to use this to train for a deployment in a real E-2, a few switches and dials being moved a bit her and there aren't going to affect your actual enjoyment.

And honestly, I'd think the market for a $30 C-2 is pretty small compared to the market for a $30 C-2/E-2 package. I'd love the experience of flying one of these, but realistically I'm going to buy one or the other, not both. But getting both versions for one price would be awesome.

I would vote for 2 installers.....have no interest at this time in E-2 but really want a C-2.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    I'd like to see an option with the E-2C package to have the current 8-bladed props.
    That opens up more modern uses since they've been standard for well over a decade now.
    I believe he said each variant (Both the C-2 and E-2) will have the four blade prop model and the eight blade prop model.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundog View Post
    I believe he said each variant (Both the C-2 and E-2) will have the four blade prop model and the eight blade prop model.
    Awesome. Thanks for the info.

it would be nice if rxp gns530 can be placed in the vc like the modern e2c with efis: https://youtu.be/q3PjFhMklkU

as for wx radar gauge, the freeware by Roland Ifor works great in the vc: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/4...-window-usage/
    i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win10 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | P3D DCS MFS

@Sundog

fsafranek is correct - both aircraft already have both kind of props (although as visual variation only - flight model is tuned for the 8-blades version).

@kdfw

at the moment I have the old style GPS in the cockpits - all the main functions are there, I am not sure if it makes sense to change it.

as for the weather gauge, I'm trying to steer away from third party C++ gauges for a number of reasons...

@All

Preliminary results from the poll seem clear in favor of separate but more accurate cockpits... we'll see if it makes sense, as the variants would be a total of four (C-2 analog with 4 blades, C-2 digital with 8-blades, E-2 analog with 4 blades, E-2 digital with 8 blades). Going down that path means that, most likely, the E-2 will not be ready by the end of the year.

Blog Entries
    Wellll, I didnt take the poll ( blind as a bat and dumber than a stump these days and couldnt find it ) but i would be happy to buy two packages, even if it meant buying each a month apart from the other..

Btw.

Although the poll is still open, the results are clear: most users would prefer two separate packages with more accurate cockpits. Anyway, the current C-2 and E-2 do share a lot of resources (a number of textures, most of the avionics code and the sound package) - so for a number of reasons it would make sense to keep them together in a single package. The best strategy to move forward seems to be to debug the current external models and the cockpit, so that the common parts are debugged and can be "transpanted" to other cockpit models and move from there.
    Anyway, here a picture of the latest iteration of the cockpit.

For anyone who want to see what it takes to become a Greyhound pilot, check out this Smithsonian film. Although I understand the aging C-2's are being phased out in favor of the V-22 Osprey. Hate to see them go.

https://www.smithsonianchannel.com/v...-a-pilot/63186

Thx, nice video and nice found!

Nice find, surprised she was so amazed on the cat shot, she's already done that in the T-45. I got one COD flight off the boat, sitting backwards and arms/legs come flying up on the shot. Then a slow flight back to NS Mayport since the nose gear didn't retract. When the CMV-22 comes online, so much for cat shots for pax, get'em while you can!
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Icon15

If we're sharing videos, this has to be the hairiest E-2C landing ever... https://pilotonline.com/news/militar...961145c9d.html

EFIS version - it will be also!

Separate Products

Hey Dino they look great so far. I for one being a CVA veteran of 42 months with 2 different VAW's I would like to see separate packages as accurate as you can make them. Thanks for both prop versions too.

Quick update: external models for both the E-2 and the C-2 are now complete.
    As for the cockpit, I am moving forward wih a "compromise": the base model of the cockpit will be common to all planes, but 8-bladed birds will have an EFIS as shown in the previous picture and E-2s (either 4-bladed or 8-bladed) will have digital engine instruments... This should be OK for most users, preserves a lot of the resources commonality and allows the creation of a single package. Honestly, given the commonality between the two machines, I felt like the two-package option was a rip-off (at least to some extent)... this seems a much more sound and valuable package.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 42573063_2243795942300521_2031563983919513600_o.jpg   42533418_2243783218968460_5916734049182810112_o.jpg   42521877_2243783422301773_1687982714956808192_o.jpg   42351654_2241178239228958_3432738296202002432_o.jpg  

Great work! Cant wait for this birds!

Members who have read this thread: 2