This is the LOL scenery

Thread: This is the LOL scenery

This is the LOL scenery

NZGS Gisborne Airport coming soon to FSX/P3D
    ... and it isnt an ORBX joke!

but... :

More info: https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/...oon-to-fsxp3d/
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    Lol indeed.

Thankfully, the train in the sim version won’t be going far, lacking a tender ...

Lol

Didn't quite escape.
    It's a tank engine. It don't need no stinkin' tender.

Ian P.
    (Coal bunker behind the cab, water tanks alongside the boiler...)

To quote my parrot: "Woo-woo, choo-choo!"

Of course, she only says that when leading our 4 cats (choo-choo, see?) into the bedroom in the afternoon to wake me up. But I think it applies. Yes, she waddles along on the ground. No flying for her!

Heck, look at Gibraltar, or MCAS Iwakuni. They both have roads across the runway. I'm quite certain the "airports with roads" list is long, but distinguished. Sorry, I had to add that bit on the end
    Small step to go from roads across the runway to a railroad.

I just hope like heck there's some schedule posted in the NOTAMS for the trains though!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

On first glance I thought the train looked out of scale - but then I remembered it's New Zealand and Hobbits need public transportation too...
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Of course if you didn't know just how massive a TBM Avenger is (as seen in the real pic), most things compared to it in size would look smaller than expected. I think the real photo makes the Avenger out to look small, if anything.
    Lenovo Legion T730 / Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6-5.0 GHz / 130W Liquid Cooling / GeForce RTX 2800 / 32GB DDR4 / MSI 550W PSU / 4K 43" TCL LED TV

Quote Originally Posted by Bomber_12th View Post
    Of course if you didn't know just how massive a TBM Avenger is (as seen in the real pic), most things compared to it in size would look smaller than expected. I think the real photo makes the Avenger out to look small, if anything.
    We have an Me-109 parked near the Avenger where I work. The Messerschmitt looks like a toy.
    -building a new sig as you see this!-

What a laugh !!

It's my Birthday and I want's it.
    Yeeessss precious.

Anthin....AKA Gollum.

Since there are no barriers, who gives way to whom, officer?
    Tom
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________________
    Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding. Proverbs 4:7

Early trials of the Gisborne Puffer Warning System

Quote Originally Posted by Vitus View Post
    only in New Zealand!
    Not so. For years there was a train line running across the runway at Ballykelly in Northern Ireland. And there are/were others.

More discussion of runways and railway lines here:

https://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-222364.html

There is a French website dedicated to railways crossing airports
    http://www.marsaly.fr/fred/aerodromes-ferroviaires/

Bernard

Didn't quite escape.
    Certainly in the UK, the railway signals would need to be released by the ATC before they were able to clear and allow a train to cross the runway. They're gone now, but the railway crossing the threshold at the BAE/Airbus facility at Broughton/Hawarden in North Wales used to have a direct control in the ATC tower to put the railway signals to red in case of an emergency aircraft.

It's almost a pity that it's gone, given the absolutely tiny microscopic bit of graffiti that a friend put on the railway scheme plan for the area...

Ian P.

Members who have read this thread: 1