SAAB J35 Draken WIP (New Skin) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SAAB J35 Draken WIP (New Skin)

Quote Originally Posted by COBS View Post
    I stopped uploading instruments due to lack of interest , it's not worth the effort involved , years ago people did install them , but today
    the interest appears to be only on eye candy .

Currently it's within an MFD , it's too big and complex a task to extract it , it does work independantly , but in my F-111 panel it's
    integrated into useage with , the Touchscreen Radar , the Mission Adaptive Flight Plan Editor , and the Bomb Navigation System .
    Also the 16 page PDF notes are old and were rushed at time of drafting .

If I did upload it , it would be in as is condition .

Actually it's a neat instrument , for choppers you can set any glideslope angle , or even do an absolute vertical hover letdown
    to the aimpoint with an accuracy of +/- 6 inches if you have a good skill level , also you don't even need to see the landing spot .
    If you fit it to floatplanes you can generate synthetic runways on , rivers , lakes , or at sea .
    It has a separate page that enables you to capture or tag a location and generate those synthetic runways , so if you are doing
    crop dusting or firefighting you create the synthetic runway on , a paddock , road , a beach , or lake and store that to the
    Memory buttons , then you capture crop field , or fire front and store that to another Memory button , so you can shuttle between
    two locations simply by recalling whichever from it's Memory button , then do an precision ILS approach to your paddock or lake , etc.
    With Choppers or Harrier jump jets you can capture a Hardened rooftop in a high rise office tower , it captures not only the location
    of the rooftop but also it's elevation and you can do a ILS approach to it .
    In my Bomb Nav System you can capture a hardened bridge and it directional axis , then do a precision auto bomb release of a ripple series of bombs along that bridge , fun stuff .

If you are still interested I could probably do an upload at Simviation and Flightsim .

Cheers
    Karol

Although screenshots are degraded here at SOH , attached is a schematic of the previously mentioned " Intercept " affair .
    Yes, please. When you have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fsafranek View Post
    Yes, please. When you have the time.
    Hi Frank

I have started to assemble items to create an upload of this instrument .
    Hopefully it shouldn't take too long .

Will advise here at this thread when it is uploaded .

To the OP ,

Your Draken paint looks really wonderful .

Cheers
    Karol

Karol,

thank you very much for providing some insight into your MFD gauge. For the Draken I would like to maintain the cockpit in its original 1960s vintage looks/design,
    which is why I prefer not put your MFD gauge in there.
    However I appreciate you trying to help with my VSI issue and simply looking at your screens and the level of sophistication of your gauge it must have been a tremendous
    effort on your part to get it in its present state.Well done!
    I did try some design work myself some time ago and found it utterly frustrating to get even smaller things done to my liking , so hats off to you.

@10gallon

I have downloaded your metallic repaint from the library and am very happy with your work! It looks very good and enhances the Draken visuals nicely.
    Nice work and thanks for making it available!
    Do you by any chance have a Finnish Air Force camouflage green repaint in the pipeline as well?

This is not t a request , just a mere question. I can guess how much work doing a repaint takes.

Kind regards&thanks again,

Oliver

Thank You Oliver... I was messing around with this one so far. Does this look like something you can use? Did you get the desert repaint i uploaded?

10gallon,

my apologies for the late reply. Real life had me occupied a bit in the last week. Yes it would be cool to have your Finnish air Force textures for the Draken
    added to the library as well in my opinion.
    However no rush .If you're still working on it or on other stuff, please do continue and simply upload as you see fit!

Once again, thank you very much for adding new life into the old bird

Kind regards,

Oliver

Members who have read this thread: 0