Alphasim A-6E Intruder

Thread: Alphasim A-6E Intruder

Alphasim A-6E Intruder

Was the FS2004 Alphasim A-6E Intruder ever released as Freeware by Alphasim/Virtavia? I have not spotted it as Freeware. There is a release for FSX on Simviation, how do I make sure this is legitimate? I've tried emailing Virtavia but my message was rejected as possible spam.

Still payware, it's available over at the Flight Sim Pilot Shop under Virtavia. I did see the FSX re-packed version of the Alphasim A-6 over there as well... I'll see if I can get ahold of some folks and verify that the new "Freeware" version is legit.

BB686
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

On sale at pcaviator, both fs9 and FSX , just 14.95

https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...cat=980&page=1
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

Quote Originally Posted by harrybasset View Post
    Was the FS2004 Alphasim A-6E Intruder ever released as Freeware by Alphasim/Virtavia? I have not spotted it as Freeware. There is a release for FSX on Simviation, how do I make sure this is legitimate? I've tried emailing Virtavia but my message was rejected as possible spam.
    I would hope/presume Simviation have some form of checking procedure in place. They have been around for a long while, though it would not be the first time the main sites have been scammed.

Edit - I just came back from Simviation. The author Rodolfo Valery, claims it to be an update and repackage of the Alphasim model. Can he do that? I would expect he required an OK from Alphasim. Would Simviation miss that? Questions need to asked.
    Intel i5-10600K 4.10 GHz 12 Core CPU
    Asus ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming LGA1200 Z590-E Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
    Water Cooler - CORSAIR iCUE H100i RGB PRO XT
    Corsair 850W PSU
    MSI RX580 Radeon Armor 8Gb
    Windows 10 Home Premium 64
    3 x 21" Acer LED screens

I contacted Frank Safranek and he is taking a look as soon as he can. If it is piracy, or otherwise illegitimate, then appropriate action will be taken. I don't think Virtavia released the A-6 as freeware, I've seen it as payware at Flightsim Pilot Shop as well as PC Aviator. I really don't think Phil at Virtavia gave anyone permission to repackage and upload any Virtavia payware product but we'll see. Stranger things have happened.

EDIT: Looks like the file was removed over at Simviation.

BB686
    Last edited by Blackbird686; August 3rd, 2018 at 12:24.
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

I asked Pete at Simviation to remove it and he did so straight away. The upload was a mix of Alphasim FS9 and Virtavia FSX.
    The FSX version is definitely payware and the FS9 (if not still on sale) was never made freeware.
    In any case, all gone now. Thanks for the heads up.

Happy to help. I think it was probably a genuine mistake caused by confusion over whether it was freeware or not. I still have a soft spot for Alphasim as they were my first purchases when I started in Flight Simming.

Members who have read this thread: 0