PTO-RS Uploaded - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PTO-RS Uploaded

I moved it to the (x86) directory and tried again, with no success. As before, the game CTDs as it loads the Pearl Harbor screen, and I have to go back into the theater selector and choose #2 to get the game to load. However, this time it provided several errors (I tried to attach a screenshot but it seems I can't do that).
    • In the batch window, it displayed-
    • The system cannot find the file specified. (Multiple repetitions)
    • 2midway_selector.bat is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file
    • There's also a windows popup which states 'Windows cannot find 'cfs3.exe'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, the try again.'

Quote Originally Posted by sixstrings5859 View Post
    The install SHOULD be in your Program Files(X86) folder ,or elsewhere-(another separate HD). Never in your main program files folder, (may cause severe problems). You should right click on your CFS3 .exe file in the main PTO-RS sim folder and select properties. Then you should set to administration privileges to all privilages, in users ,in the security settings. Then you shouldn't have any more problems. Hope this helps. Let us know if not. Regards,Scott

With win 10 at least I NEVER have anything but stock in the Program Files(X86) folder. It has been standing advice that with win 10 at least, the main C:\ place is best, and that is where all my installs are; or in a D:\

My only other advice is to uninstall, download again, and try again. Make sure comparability is WinXPSP3.

Cato said "Carthaginem esse delendam"
    I say "Carthago iam diu deleta,sed enim Bellum Alium adhuc aedificandum est"

SOH-CM-2020
    Hi Shadow 9216,
    quite a few people have trouble setting up their bat files reliably for PTO-RS. I went so far as to rewrite and upload a set of bat files for increased reliability. It is found here in the SOH Warbirds library if you want to give it a try http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...d=165&id=23187.

As far as directory locations for CFS3 installs go, I put all of my installs on a D drive, separate from the windows OS. This is really a hangover from the days when computers used to slow down with all the internal traffic when games were located on the same drive as the OS. In these days of increased speed and solid state drives, location of the installs may not have such a noticeable performance gain. There may be some benefit from not locating old games like CFS3 in the Program Files folders. Certainly my installs all run fine on a completely separate drive.

Thanks, I'll try it and let you know how it works!

Are there any updates available for the global layer for RS, specifically the Sino1937 Theatre?

Sulphur,South West Louisiana in the good'ol USA
    Blog Entries
    Not that i know of. Wish more work would be done to "finish" it. One of my favorite expansions ! Regards,Scott

OK up to a point

Hi, I am uploading PTO all has gone as planned up to updating of the Rising_Sun_Theatre_Selector.bat. I am logged in as an administrator, I have confirmed that the read only is unchecked however whatever I do after opening in notepad and making the amendments I get the box , 'you do not jave permission to open this file when I try to save after making the amendments. I recall doing the same with the ETO Expansion but didn't have any problems with that one.
    I would appreciate any ideas.

Whoops

Hi all, sorry , new to forum and found second page and Daiwilletti's upload, may fix my issues...here's hoping

Cfs3.exe

OK so far all seems to be good with the selectors, one issue remains, the CFS3.exe which came with the upload does not seem to function, yet is I drop the CFS3.exe from the original program, the sim loads and I can use the Quick Combat part anyway. I note the proper PTO exe file is larger than the one from the Vanilla copy of CFS3, is this an issue? Is there something I can do with the PTO exe file to make it load? The directory the PTO exe file points to is correct in properties

Blog Entries
    Sent you a PM . Regards,Scott

Installed perfectly but there is no campaign choices in the menu , just a solomons placeholder, are those downloaded elsewhere and need to be installed?

SOH-CM-2020
    Quote Originally Posted by Unicorngirl View Post
    Installed perfectly but there is no campaign choices in the menu , just a solomons placeholder, are those downloaded elsewhere and need to be installed?
    Campaigns not really catered for in RS. I've recently written an overwrite package to allow campaign play in PTO Solomons. It required a whole lot of extra files. Available here at SOH Warbirds Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Daiwilletti View Post
    Campaigns not really catered for in RS. I've recently written an overwrite package to allow campaign play in PTO Solomons. It required a whole lot of extra files. Available here at SOH Warbirds Library.
    Ya I have solomons, I got confused tinking RS had campaigns in other parts of the pacific.

SOH-CM-2020
    Ya I have solomons, I got confused tinking RS had campaigns in other parts of the pacific.
    You may have Solomons, but have you set up the stand-alone campaign overlay version?

Yes that one works fine, I had just thought RS had its own campaigns, I have since deleted RS and am only using the solomons version now. Are there any other campaigns for it?

Blog Entries
    PTO Rising Sun is still fun, even though not finished, it serves a special function for more Theaters in the Pacific. A lot of cool aircraft available and more. Don't give up on PTO-RS unless you need the HD space. I play them all all ,and all are very enjoyable. ETO,MAW,MAW1943,PTO-RS,PTO-Solomons,BoB Mk1,Korea,CFS3-V3 are all fun and bring variety to the sim.

SOH-CM-2020
    Yes that one works fine, I had just thought RS had its own campaigns, I have since deleted RS and am only using the solomons version now. Are there any other campaigns for it?
    The whole package is a proof-of concept exercise. I only set up a campaign where you can fly for US_Navy, USA, Japan_IJN and Japan_AAF. I've become pretty familiar with writing campaigns over the years, so doing different/new ones is not a daunting prospect. The nek.xml file in the campaigns folder provides the list of available nations that could be written into a campaign (eg. US_Marines). I've found that it is tricky to successfully add production centers and invasion areas so the existing campaign is a bit limited in that respect. Sometimes it would be nice to have different default spawning nationalities (currently US_Navy and Japan_IJN because of all the ships) but to do that you need to prepare other country.xml files to swap in and out. The order of the nationalities in the country.xml file determines which are the default air and ship spawning nationalities. In campaigns, facilities are not restricted in that way, and on a frontline you will find the full variety of nationalities forming bunkers, artillery, dug-in-tanks, etc.

So a long-winded way of saying I need to do a bit of feffing about before preparing other campaigns.

Members who have read this thread: 19