Carenado D18 on third party sites

Thread: Carenado D18 on third party sites

Carenado D18 on third party sites

Anyone else notice that this particular aircraft only seems to be available as a direct purchase from Carenado? Has there been any statements about this that I missed?

Thanks,
    LouP

Nothing wrong with that. By keeping it in-house the developer doesn't give up 30% of the sale price for having someone handle the paperwork and distribution.
    It also allows them to issue updates easily and know everyone is getting them.

I get it but why starting with this one. Is going to be the way going forward.

I noticed that also. I had been waiting to buy it, probably would have the first weekend but with three other payware's coming out in quick succession (P47, Bulldog, D18S, DHC3T), I paused before getting the D18. Then once I thought about it I decided 'lets wait for the third party site so my download locations are not spread out too much'.

I can certainly see why Carenado would do that, maximize revenue with the buzz on the initial release, then when things slow down go to the third party sites to make it easier to find.
    Joe Cusick
    San Francisco Bay Area, California.

I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley.

I prefer to buy from Carenado direct, that way I'm 'on their books' if a problem arises.
    "Illegitimum non carborundum".

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X D-RGB Tempered Glass ATX Galaxy Silver
    Intel Core i9 10980XE Extreme Edition X
    ASUS ROG Rampage VI Extreme Encore MB
    Corsair Vengeance LPX 128GB (8x16GB), PC4-30400 (3800MHz) DDR4
    Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX White Liquid CPU Cooler, 240mm Radiator, 2x ML120 RGB PWM Fans
    Samsung 4TB SSD, 860 PRO Series, 2.5" SATA III x4
    Corsair 1600W Titanium Series AX1600i Power Supply, 80 PLUS Titanium,
    ASUS 43inch ROG Swift 4K UHD G-Sync VA Gaming Monitor, 3840x2160, HDR 1000, 1ms, 144Hz,

SOH Staff .."Bartender" AussieMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wombat666 View Post
    I prefer to buy from Carenado direct, that way I'm 'on their books' if a problem arises.
    Same here.

Cheers
    Pat

"Some people might say that freedom is being alone in the bush with the only sounds being the murmurs from the birds ... but I believe freedom is at 5000 feet with no other sound than the engine roaring."- William Hutchison, a young man taken from us far too young (16).

I try to order directly from devs whenever I can because I like to support them directly. I think 30% , even 20% off the sale price is too much.

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

To honest with you, I used to think the same way about ordering directly from developers until the day I no longer felt that was appreciated much anymore. Don't want to go into it anymore than that here as it has been beat to death elsewhere.

LouP

To each his own but I do prefer to directly support devs if financially feasible.

At the same time however, I will always take a sale price over that.
    I may wait a year after release when its all but forgotten to get the deep discount price.
    More repaints out by then as well as patches and mods.

you will find carenado normally hold onto it for a month or 2 before releasing to 3rd party sellers

The D18 has just appeared on Simmarket.
    That settles it I guess.
    P3D v4.5, DCS, AF2
    W10 64bit Pro
    Core i7 6770K @ 4,3 GHz
    32 GB DDR4 2666
    RTX 2080 Super 8 GB
    Oculus Rift S
    Cable 1000 Mbit/s

Could just be it took SimMarket a while to process it, or maybe Carenado was hoping to the really enthusiastic fans would buy directly from them first before SimMarket started taking their 35% cut.

Available of JF now as well.

Members who have read this thread: 0