FSXBA Hornet - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: FSXBA Hornet

Quote Originally Posted by zsoltquack View Post
    How can I remove a pilot?
    Tell them there is free food at the hotel.
    FAA A&P, FE (TURBOJET),AMEL COMM INST DC-8 & B767/757 TYPE RATEINGS
    FCC GROL

I've never tried it, but if I were to try to make the pilot disappear when parked....I suppose I would use MCX to assign a visibility condition to the pilot parts, like "lever_parking_brake" or something like that.
    Current System Specs :
    FSXA & P3Dv4 | Windows 10 Professional for Workstations (x64)
    Motherboard: Gigabit Z390 Aorus Ultra, LGA 1151, Intel based
    CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K @ 3.60GHz | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB DDR4 3600
    GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 980 Ti AMP! Extreme (6GB GDDR5)
    HD: 1TB SanDisk SSD Plus | PSU: KDM 750W ATX Power Supply

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    That I didn't think so...
    Are you there?
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Quote Originally Posted by johndetrick View Post
    "free food at the hotel"

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=81650&dateline=141228  2824

Son-uv-a-gun!
    It worked!

I really shouldn't be surprized, I guess. When I went up to Las Vegas with VMFAT-401's Kfirs for a Red Flag one year, in a little hotel, farthest end of the Strip from Nellis they could put us, the pilots, who were staying at a much nicer hotel much farther up the Strip, would show up at our little cheapie hotel every day at about 1700. Why? They put a free sandwich buffet out in the lounge for us to nibble before dinner.

Free food?? Color the pilots there!

I must've gained 10 lbs that 2 week det. While most would go running around the Strip, finding different, good restaurants to eat at, I just walked over next door to the Pelaggio. The place with the super fancy fountains? Yeah, there. They had a HUGE buffet out every night, super good food, about $10.00 per meal. Back then, food in Vegas was very cheap, and plentiful. Now, not nearly so, either cheap, OR nearly as plentiful, ahhhh, but back in the late '80's...
    I could gorge on spectacular food, prime rib cut at my direction, lobster tails, you name it, they had it. We worked hard every day at the base, but I guess I ate more than I worked off...

Have fun, all!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    USMC, 10 years proud service.
    Inactive now...

The only thing better than Pat's freebie was about 15 years ago I went to a 2 week training class in Sandy Eggo and we were put up in a Comfort Inn suites. Free breakfast (not much more than cereal and muffins, but a Denny's in the parking lot). Now the good thing was a free Happy Hour every evening...beer, wine and a few mixed cocktails. Training class?? I don't even remember that part of it
    Charlie Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and will eventually buy a new computer. Running a Chromebook for now!

Love the jet, but I have fps issues whenever I get into the air, no clue why. Does anyone else have these problems with it?

No, Gosh (Gosh no??? ), I don't know many, if any, with an FPS hit from this bird.
    Do you have the latest version? Do you have the proper version for your sim, IE: do you have the FSX/P3DV3 and below version, not the P3DV4 version? Do you have the DX10 Preview ticked? Do you maybe have an older system? Or perhaps have too numerous a set of background tasks running? A lot of windows open?
    Do you have the sim in Windowed mode, not Fullscreen?
    Maybe a high FPS load scenery installed where you're flying? Sliders for the various AI stuff too high? Like, try turning the slider for Airport vehicles down a ways, along with Street vehicles, or 3D Clouds, those give a big processor load...

I'm just trying to think of possibilities here, shotgunning, as we used to say...

Good luck!
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

I have good system specs, 3.5ghz processor, 2gb vram, 8gb ram, and I've tried turning the settings way down, but it doesn't seem to help. Maybe I don't have the latest model, can you share the link to the latest model?

Just to be certain, you're running FSX Accel, and want the latest confirmed version, or the latest BETA version?
    Needless to say, the Beta version isn't perfect yet.

Anywho, you can find the latest, non-beta version, V18.3, here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wp...7VLdVrG0koa2jM
    The BETA version, V18.4, is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Qn...uW9S5GlgrBiykh

If you have TacPack, I'm currently working on adding AGM-88 HARM missiles to it. Mainly working on the fine details, now. I have the missiles on the plane, and they can be fired, as long as you're pointed somewhere near the SAM site that's painting you. Now, I'm working on the MFD pages unique to the HARMs, like the automatic Pullback mode, where if the plane detects an active SAM site painting you, it selects HARM missile, regardless of whatever else you may have selected, so all you have to do is fire one or two off to protect yourself.
    Fun stuff like that. Not super easy for an XML tyro like me, but it's coming along

Like I mentioned, make sure you're not flying in a dense scenery area, or an area with a complex, high-CPS usage, setup. A lot of add-on scenery can really load the CPU.
    Same with 3D clouds. They will eat FPS faster then nothin' else.
    Finally, make sure you don't have a lot of background apps running.

A 3.5 GHz processor is a bit slow, but should do the job fairly well, as long as you don't load it up too bad. You can try locking your FPS at 30, also. It often helps the CPU by making a lighter load overall for it.

Hope something in here helps a little...
    Pat☺
    Fly Free, always!
    Sgt of Marines
    Inactive now...

Thanks Pat, I'll give it a try!

So. Lot's to do to the Super Hornet in MSFS.

When are you guys getting started?

I want to go fly.
    Jim
    NAVIGATION; The art of knowing where you are without having to crash into it first.

Members who have read this thread: 2