Modification ND EC-135 to H145M - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Modification ND EC-135 to H145M

Quote Originally Posted by klnowak View Post
    Upload of the UH-72A Lakota and EC-145 T2 models is done.

Gretings
    Klaus
    Thank you, very nice effort.....

Great job. The wold of FSX helicopters is getting more and more dynamic!!! Thanks

lights question

Klaus thank you for the mods i'm enjoying them no end.
    When i load a Lakota without the ducted tail fan i get two sets of lights one of which appears to be in the positions from the original model which i guess are the co ords in the light section of the aircraft cfg, the other set appear to be for the new model, see attached pic.

Is there any way to disable the original lights just for these models or would there have to be a seperate folder with seperate aircraft cfg etc?

Many thanks Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2018-6-27_21-2-31-876.jpg  

Is this problem for all Lakota models ? Will have a look at this. Did not see it till now.

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by ijay View Post
    Klaus thank you for the mods i'm enjoying them no end.
    When i load a Lakota without the ducted tail fan i get two sets of lights one of which appears to be in the positions from the original model which i guess are the co ords in the light section of the aircraft cfg, the other set appear to be for the new model, see attached pic.

Is there any way to disable the original lights just for these models or would there have to be a seperate folder with seperate aircraft cfg etc?

Many thanks Ian
    It turns out that there is an extra set of NAV, Beacon and White lights in the aircraft.cfg.
    Once remarked out you should be Ok.
    There are lights hard coded into the .mdl file.

Code:
    //light.0 = 3, -15.05, -4.19, 1.00,  fx_navred ,
    //light.1 = 3, -15.05,  4.36, 1.00,  fx_navgre ,
    //light.2 = 3, -23.62, -0.19, 7.02,  fx_navwhi ,
    //light.3 = 1, -21.55,  -0.13, 7.25,  fx_beacon ,

I

Is this problem for all Lakota models ? Will have a look at this. Did not see it till now.

Greetings
    Klaus
    Have commented out the lights as suggested by SeaHawk and all is ok now, thanks to both of you

Will change the aircraft.cfg in next update. Thanks.

And a new one.... EC-145 T2 from ARA-Flugrettung on a rescue mission....

Greetings
    Klaus

Additional lighting

I added some lights I thought appropriate though not sure about their accuracy.
    To get the full effect you'll need to add separate control switches so you can have choices.
    A panel popup with CPT Toggles/Switches by Jorge Salas works very well for this.
    You'll need to sort out which controls what.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nose Light.jpg   Landing Light.jpg   Winch Light.jpg   Flood Lights.jpg  

Pixelation..?

I am trying to understand why the difference in appearance of the Lakota vs the Rettung.
    I understand they are using different .mdl files but one appears smooth the other faceted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lakota.jpg   rettung.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    I am trying to understand why the difference in appearance of the Lakota vs the Rettung.
    I understand they are using different .mdl files but one appears smooth the other faceted.
    Bad mistake on my side. Just did different versions from the upside (more than 20) and got the wrong one compiling this models.

You can see the difference in this picture. Both models are H145M ... not Lakota

Will change the models by next update.

Greetings
    Klaus

Did complete new tops for all models (without the lakota) last day. First models are changed and much more smooth now. I think more i can`t do to solve this problem.

Next step is to change all different models to these tops. Also i will change the textures for the soldgers (in H145M) to make a repaint more easy. All changes to the aircraft.cfg are done. Some little other problems and mistakes are solved also.

If all things will be ready, there will be a big update with changed models and some new textures and a few new models. In this package you also will find a little scenery for the german helicopterbase at Murnau Hospital in Bavaria. Nice startingpoint to do some rescue missions in the alps (two rescue targets are done till now)

BGU Murnau with helicopterbase

Rescue Mission Point 1

Rescue Mission Point 2

Greetings
    Klaus

Well done..!
    Thanks for all your efforts....

Did complete new tops for all models (without the lakota) last day. First models are changed and much more smooth now. I think more i can`t do to solve this problem.
    Hi,
    Not sure if these items are on your list.
    - If possible to redesign scoop area to get rid of older intake and make one large opening.
    - Textures on the tops are separate so any symbols or lettering appear correctly
    and not reversed.

Thanks...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails real.jpg   real2.jpg  

Changed this... not perfect but as good as i can do. It`s a litle bit better than before.
    It is still an ND EC-135 Addon. I hope some day Nemeth will do a "real" EC-145 T2 or H145M. As far as i know there will be a new freeware from
    Thomas Röhl and H&S Designe not so far in future. These guys are much more talented than I ever will be. Looks realy nice so far. https://www.flusinews.de/schlagworte/hs-design/

Some new pictures what i`ve done till now...

Greetings
    Klaus

"Changed this... not perfect but as good as i can do...."

Thank you.. Looking very good..!

Last new models before i will post the update....

Police models (two different)

another medic variant.....

and a clean civil variant....

Did some changes to nearly all models (and changed the top`s of the Lakota too...)
    All soldgers for the military models had become own textures.

All shown textures are not my work... did only changes and the missing parts for this mods.

Greetings
    Klaus

And some little "rescue places" for the Murnau scenery that will be part of this update.

Crash at the lake side......

Rescue at lake.....

Very high mountain rescue....

Just will have another look to avoid all little mistakes....

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by IanP View Post
    That's definitely one thing about these aircraft... You'll never manage to model all the variants, because some bright spark will always have come up with another one before you finish the last one!

http://www.ukemergencyaviation.co.uk/G-MPSC.htm

Cheers,

Ian P.
    And the ec-145 variant from Metropolitan Police like you can see on Ian`s link.

Greetings
    Klaus

Just uploading the two parts of the update.

Two more pictures of EC-145 helicopter.

Hope you will have fun with these modifications

Greetings
    Klaus

There is another little mistake i did not notice in the Lakota Models. The rotor isn`t centered correctly. It is about 15cm to far back. You can see it also in that screenshots in post before. Seahawk72s found this one. Thanks for it. Will make just a small update for this in the next days only for these models.

Bag your pardon for this mistake.

Greetings
    Klaus

SOH-CM-2023
    Maybe this is a dumb question but are the modded models based on the Nemeth EC-135 or BK-117? Because the actual UH-72 Lakota is a BK-117 C2 branded as the EC-145. Some later variant's had a fenistron tail rotor but most have the BK style tail rotor. Also the 117/145 is slightly bigger than the EC-135.
    You can't take the sky from me...

Thank you very much Klaus! Your work is simply great. As you wrote correctly, I am working on native EC145 and H145 and its variants for FSX and P3DV4. But my work is in an early stage. Needs months until finishing.

Picture shows native P3DV4 UH-72A in P3DV4.3.

Please don´t ask questions here, there is a separate threat in P3D forum. You have to know there will be a native FSX adaption, too.

Thomas

I knew that my modifications would only be a bridge. There is the original .... Fantastic work and I am really looking forward to this model Thomas.

Greetings
    Klaus

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gladden View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question but are the modded models based on the Nemeth EC-135 or BK-117? Because the actual UH-72 Lakota is a BK-117 C2 branded as the EC-145. Some later variant's had a fenistron tail rotor but most have the BK style tail rotor. Also the 117/145 is slightly bigger than the EC-135.
    All mods based on the ND EC-135. I only use this model for this work. Just the backside rotor is from BK-117 (for the Lakota-Variants).

Greetings
    Klaus

Members who have read this thread: 0