Thread: Yago9 FS9 Mig-21 repaints

Question Yago9 FS9 Mig-21 repaints

I remember a few years ago having the chance
    to have the complete set of Yago9 repaints
    for the FS9 GMaxAc Mig-21Bis.

There was repaints for Fishbeds of Romania, Croatia, Russia,
    China, etc... all superb repaints.

During a complete PC reformating process I lost them
    and I do not fing it anywhere on the FS Community.

Is there a place where we can re download these
    Mig-21 repaints ?
    If not can Yago9 make them available on the SOH
    files.

I know that Yago9 is now 120 % on FSX but I could
    be fine if he could offer these repaints for all of us.

Please ! Please !
    Thanks in advance !
    :typing:
    VaporZ

I don't think that Yago did those repaints for the GMax Academy MiG-21, that you are asking about, mate... but a different model of that jet that was a payware item. I can't remember which one tho.

BB686:USA-flag:
    "El gato que camina como hombre" -- The cat that walks like a man

Blog Entries
    I believe the Yago paint was of the Captain sim Mig-21.

dl

No Non No Gentlemen

I am sure of my topic.

I had these repaints from Yago9, it was before the Captain Sim ones.

It was a full package of many ( 12 repaints I think ) including for example
    4 x different repaints for Romania ( 2 Camo + 2 Grey ) and some for
    Croatia and it was for the GMax Academy Pierre Marchadier's
    freeware Mig 21 Bis !

I am no kidding !

Yago9 please can you confirm ?
    :wave:
    VaporZ

Hmmm... I have seen a MiG-21 by an outfit called "Lago" and I thought Lucian did the repaints for that model. It was a payware bird.

I have the GMax Acedemy MiG-21 and have as of yet to see a repaint for that model done by Yago9. If there are repaints out there for this particular bird... I'd love to know where I cand finds them.. Sorry if I am mistaken here.... it has happened before.

Chaps,
    there are at least 7 repaint packs for the Pierre Marchadier MiG-21 in the library here at SOH, though without checking the contents I am not convinced they were made by Yago9. I have another 7 repaint packs that I've downloaded from other sites including flightsim.com,
    hope that helps,
    Ro
    :ernae:

Thanks Ro...

I have the Captain Sim Mig-21. Where can repaints for it be found?
    Gary -

Goundcrew Member - Warbirds of Delaware KILG - Member 7G Club
    Member of the War Eagles Air Museum Santa Teresa, NM
    KILG Tour Coordinator and Member of Collings Foundation Stowe, Mass
    Mid Atlantic Air Museum Reading, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by JDTinballs View Post
    Thanksssssss, JD! Always thought that was an unusual scheme for a MiG-21.

yago9
    Quote Originally Posted by VaporZ View Post
    No Non No Gentlemen

I am sure of my topic.

I had these repaints from Yago9, it was before the Captain Sim ones.

It was a full package of many ( 12 repaints I think ) including for example
    4 x different repaints for Romania ( 2 Camo + 2 Grey ) and some for
    Croatia and it was for the GMax Academy Pierre Marchadier's
    freeware Mig 21 Bis !

I am no kidding !

Yago9 please can you confirm ?
    :wave:
    VaporZ
    yes you are correct..

Here's my first post. Was going to start a thread but it seemed somewhat appropriate to resurect this old thread. I've searched for the files both here and at a number of other flight sim forums. No luck. I am hoping someone here might be able to assist me in locating these elusive and legendary Yago9 repaints. In particular I am looking for Croatia textures for Pierre Marchadier's GMax Academy Mig-21Bis and Captain Sim's Mig 21UM. Perhaps some Mig 21 afficionado has these on their hard drive or could point me in a direction where I might find them. My search skills are pretty good and I've come up with nothing. I' ve read the threads and see that Lucien has been banned here. So far I've only managed to locate some of his Aerosoft F-16 repaints.

Quote Originally Posted by armenius View Post
    Here's my first post. Was going to start a thread but it seemed somewhat appropriate to resurect this old thread. I've searched for the files both here and at a number of other flight sim forums. No luck. I am hoping someone here might be able to assist me in locating these elusive and legendary Yago9 repaints. In particular I am looking for Croatia textures for Pierre Marchadier's GMax Academy Mig-21Bis and Captain Sim's Mig 21UM. Perhaps some Mig 21 afficionado has these on their hard drive or could point me in a direction where I might find them. My search skills are pretty good and I've come up with nothing. I' ve read the threads and see that Lucien has been banned here. So far I've only managed to locate some of his Aerosoft F-16 repaints.

Search for Lucian Lie / Lucien Lie at Simviation.com, you should find a few there;
    but you'll have to look through the commercial/payware section the hard way; many repaints for payware products are listed there.

Ttfn

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by armenius View Post
    In particular I am looking for Croatia textures for Pierre Marchadier's GMax Academy Mig-21Bis and Captain Sim's Mig 21UM.
    click the hyperlink above :d Haven't found the other one though, sorry.

Jamie

Thanks for the information, and the link to the UM repaint. You guys are great! I've already searched simviation, and although there are 5 pages of Lucian's repaints, none of his Mig-21's are to be found. I'm hoping someone on this forum will read this thread who has these on his hard drive. Once again..thanks!!!

It's not a MiG, but if you fancy flying the Dassault Mirage III, Yago9 did a really nice job on the repaints. They're over at Simviation and some are complete aircraft, by J.E. Narczio.<--(May have misspelled that) . In my opinion, they are worth having.

I think I have a package that had the Mirage III's repainted by Yago9, that also came with excellent sounds and a sonic boom effect. If anyone is interested, I can dig that one up. It's on a CD somewhere. I was back then, and still am a big fan of Yago9's photoreal magic.

Again... it's not the MiG-21, but it's a worthwhile mention.

Yes, I'm aware of his excellent Mirage repaints, thanks. I would like to thank member Paul Day who kindly e-mailed me a Captain Sim UM_167 repaint. Also JDTinballs for the link to UM_165. Thank you guys!!! Any chance someone might have the Lago MiG-21 Bis? I've only managed to find one source for a 83MB file, but its a password protected zip, so its useless. I'm using some of these liveries to liven up my base sceneries. The only other Lago links are all off Russian servers and I dont read Cyryllic so....

armenius,

the Lago Mig21 is still payware as far as I know. Any sites hosting it otherwise are pirates, even if they are password protected.

Have had a look at the big payware vendors, but Lago has vanished.

Jamie

PS. Do a search of E-bay/Amazon/etc for 'Lago Military Fighters', it has the Mig21, Fiat G-91 and the MB339 on it, a fine purchase. I got mine from my local PCWorld several years ago now, along with Lago Military Helicopters. Good luck. Amazon UK has the Helicopters for very little money (under £5).

Jamie...you've got to be kidding me. I mean really. Still payware? This product was released in 2004. The link to the company site is defunct. There are no flight sim payware sites offering it. It is clearly dead and abbandoned. I wouldn't mind paying $5.00 for a copy but both Amazon and Ebay have nothing. This is why I asked if someone knew of a link or if they had a copy. I hardly think this can be considered piracy by any stretch of the imagination. Who would you suggest I "pay" should I find a copy, some ex-Lago coder living in his mothers basement who needs money for smokes. I'm not trying to get the latest Hollywood blockbuster here, and I dont do torrents so there is very little recourse for finding something of this sort, other than posting at a FlightSim forum.

armenius,

unfortunately not. Being as it has never been released as freeware and not sold now, it's what they call abandonware. The authors still hold the legal rights and I think are still in the business, via Cloud 9 and then Aerosoft. (I think).

That, unfortunately, means it's piracy. Which is very taboo here, several members have been 'excluded' shall we say for such things, talking about it is very much frowned upon. Being as most payware developers frequent this place, you can understand why it's so frowned upon, many here consider these people friends.

I'll keep digging around, see if I can't find it somewhere. If I can find it in the UK, I'm sure I could ship it across to you if they don't deliver direct.

all the best,
    Jamie

In fact the MB339 is still being sold in essence,

https://store6.esellerate.net/store/...ltiCatalog.htm

I found it on Amazon UK, second hand for £1.24, very good condition. Plus they list international delivery rates.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Altitude-Mil...3914924&sr=1-7

hope this helps.

Jamie

Well thats a more than reasonable price. I have no problem paying for a decent product, having many payware scenaries on my system. The Amazon site here doesn't list anything under that title. So logged in to the UK site, tried to purchase every one of the 6 listed..they dont ship international. Will keep looking...

Heres's an update for any future searcher of these files. So far I've only been able to locate 2 CaptainSim Croatian MiG-21UM Yago9 repaints, both courtesy of SOH members. With the countless hours searching multiple flight sim sites, I've only managed to locate one Lago repaint...but the link seems to be broken ; http://www.simviation.com/fscommercial33.htm Maybe someone who is familiar with their site can tell me whats going on here. Still nothing re the ever elusive Croatia textures for Pierre Marchadier's GMax Academy Mig-21Bis.

By chance, reading an obscure spanish flight sim page, I chanced upon a Yahoo e-mail for Lucian. Sent him a detailed e-mail, hoping he might shed some light on the location of his repaints or have them on a hard drive. Today I received a reply; Hi, i,m not anymore into FS for years now, but you can try sim-outhouse, i think they still have the most of my repaints..You can ask people over there to send you some hard to find textures.Thx for your kind words.

I shall continue my search by joining and posting at a few other FlightSim forums in the hope that whoever reads it might have or know someone who has these repaints on their hard drive. Lastly, thanks to JDTinballs,again, for kindly arranging the Lago MiG purchase for me as thge UK sites wont ship to North America.

Digging my archives I have 7 Yago9 Lago Mig repaint zips.

Attachment 62837Attachment 62838Attachment 62839Attachment 62840Attachment 62841Attachment 62842

I'll slap them on disc and include with the pack when it arrives.

Jamie

Members who have read this thread: 3