Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Bell 206 JetRanger V2

Thread: Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Bell 206 JetRanger V2

Blog Entries

Eagle Rotorcraft Simulations Bell 206 JetRanger V2

Almost done with this one. The biggest change is addition of 3D gauges, 3D lights, more models including mosquito sprayer, cropduster and police. External textures have been blown up to 4K with new bump maps and diffuse, the only thing I am lacking is paint schemes. I've had people offer to paint it, but that was like 2-3 months ago and no response. The models are more or less finished with some minor tweaking left before release. Anyone here interested in painting this bird, give me a shout. Otherwise it'll be a sitting duck. Also inline for release is the Bell 222/222B/222UT and Bell 429 GlobalRanger.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2017-11-4_14-50-12-225.jpg   2017-10-31_0-47-46-272.jpg   2018-1-6_1-18-29-907.jpg   2017-12-21_2-52-12-653.jpg  

I'm with the FAA and I'm here to help you.....................Now gimme a hug!

Awesome George ! Great news for us Rotorheads ! Mike

great news, been flying the skids off v1 over the last few days!!!

Quote Originally Posted by euroastar350 View Post
    Almost done with this one. The biggest change is addition of 3D gauges, 3D lights, more models including mosquito sprayer, cropduster and police. External textures have been blown up to 4K with new bump maps and diffuse, the only thing I am lacking is paint schemes. I've had people offer to paint it, but that was like 2-3 months ago and no response. The models are more or less finished with some minor tweaking left before release. Anyone here interested in painting this bird, give me a shout. Otherwise it'll be a sitting duck. Also inline for release is the Bell 222/222B/222UT and Bell 429 GlobalRanger.
    George,

Been wanting one of these in P3Dv4. Would this one happen to be compatible?

Thanks for all your work.

Blog Entries
    I'm slowly transitioning much of my work into P3DV4. The 206V2 out of the box is not fully compatible and will CTD P3DV4 upon loading, something in the gauges is causing it to crash and I am investigating. The Bell 429 works out of the box with little to no mods needed, I haven't tried the Bell 222 series yet.

Why not release with a plain white texture where you have no specific one and a paintkit... i'm sure more would come. There is a brilliant sheriff one released here recently... see current screenshot page.

Version 1 was superb... can't wait to see what you've added

Matt

Didn't quite escape.
    And why do I suddenly want to do Castle Air's two B206s again? Imagine the fun you could have doing Treasure Hunt missions in FSX/P3D/FSW provided anyone could work out how to do it!

Ian P.

Why not release it with a paintkit and let people do the rest?

Just downloaded and started flying in P3D. I didn't see any further install instructions after moving it to the "temp" folder. I wanted to make sure it was released with only white textures for all models? On the total fuel gauge, I have a tool tip with a "+", but nothing happens. Assuming all older Owen's paints will work still? In the read-me, credits for a FLIR gauge, is there a working one?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    Just downloaded and started flying in P3D. I didn't see any further install instructions after moving it to the "temp" folder. I wanted to make sure it was released with only white textures for all models? On the total fuel gauge, I have a tool tip with a "+", but nothing happens. Assuming all older Owen's paints will work still? In the read-me, credits for a FLIR gauge, is there a working one?
    1.) I didn't include a path to the simulators as each path is different on every system including mine, my fault for not being clear in this area.

2.) White liveries across all models as no one wanted to paint the birds before release

3.) Liveries for the old versions will work with little modifications, but you'll have to use the bump maps from the old release as the new version has HD external diffuse and bump maps. New paintkit included for creating HD liveries

4.) The FLIR gauge will display random images and doesn't represent an actual functional FLIR camera/system.

5.) Total fuel gauge comes from the Nemeth Designs Sikorsky S76 and isn't modified in any way. I can fix it for the next update.

Looks great ! Where can we find this beauty ?

It's one of those old favorites and so much better over the stock FS9/X machine (which I don't even have in P3D). When you added the low-skid model with correct contact points, I had to have it (flew the TH-67 at Ft Rucker). Still my go-to fun, simple, yet easy to fly helo I use to check newly installed scenery, the J-3 Cub of FS helicopters. Will older DoDo repaints work?
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Victory103 View Post
    It's one of those old favorites and so much better over the stock FS9/X machine (which I don't even have in P3D). When you added the low-skid model with correct contact points, I had to have it (flew the TH-67 at Ft Rucker). Still my go-to fun, simple, yet easy to fly helo I use to check newly installed scenery, the J-3 Cub of FS helicopters. Will older DoDo repaints work?
    FS2004 Dodo repaints will work and require slight modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Corvette99 View Post
    Looks great ! Where can we find this beauty ?
    Like he said WHERE ? Please ?
    Sue

SOH-CM-2023
    Quote Originally Posted by Penzoil3 View Post
    Like he said WHERE ? Please ?
    Sue

Avsim. I got it last Saturday
    You can't take the sky from me...

Yea Avsim Library. Couldn't find by searching so go by category:
    Prepar3d > Helicopter

Installed it into P3D4.3, doors missing, no rotors,...the only thing I can think of is I use the add-on.xml method of installing my aircraft and anything else I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall anytime I want to update P3D.
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Blog Entries
    Shift+2 enables rotors and other visuals. In the meantime, I am doing an upgrade with updated code plus the addition of F1 GTN and Navstax integration.

Initially had the same issue in v4.2 until got the load manager up. Great addition to the model with all the options. I also would be interested in the GTN add, I use it in most of my FSX/P3D aircraft.
    Fly Navy/Army
    USN SAR
    DUSTOFF/ARMY PROPS

Members who have read this thread: 0