iBlueYonder - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iBlueYonder

I Blue Yonder will still exist. The only difference is that when you buy an IBY product it will be through FTX Central on Orbx.

Quote Originally Posted by dexthom View Post
    I Blue Yonder will still exist. The only difference is that when you buy an IBY product it will be through FTX Central on Orbx.
    Exactly right!
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    So if you transfer your license, are you supposed to uninstall the original IBY version before installing the ORBX version?

LouP
    Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    Since all you're actually doing is transferring the information for those sceneries to your Orbx account I wouldn't see where that would affect currently installed scenery.

Hi guys,

You should uninstall the iBY version of KACK and 2B2/6B6 if you are transferring to the ORBX versions, ie don't install it right over the top.

The iBY version used SODE for several functions such as seasonal changes, windsock animation etc, and the new ORBX version uses Objectflow to do this instead. The new version will be installed via FTX Central. Your original version will continue to work if you don't want to swap to new version right away, just don't install the new one straight over the top of the old one, as it will cause issues.

Cheers,
    "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there".

Yep, you should definitely uninstall your previous iBlueYonder products before migrating to the Orbx versions, for the exact reasons above. Also, after uninstalling, check your SODE folder to make sure there's no Nantucket, Plum Island, or Minute Man XML files there. If there are, delete them. That folder's at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml. Even with the scenery uninstalled and the library entries removed, if the SODE files are still active, they'll display in the sim and that would be a needless performance hit.

Quote Originally Posted by spotlope View Post
    Yep, you should definitely uninstall your previous iBlueYonder products before migrating to the Orbx versions, for the exact reasons above. Also, after uninstalling, check your SODE folder to make sure there's no Nantucket, Plum Island, or Minute Man XML files there. If there are, delete them. That folder's at C:\ProgramData\12bPilot\SODE\xml. Even with the scenery uninstalled and the library entries removed, if the SODE files are still active, they'll display in the sim and that would be a needless performance hit.
    Thanks Bill, just what I was looking for. Good luck with your new position at ORBX. Looking forward to some new work from you.

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Fsafranek,

Thanks for reply. Are you satisified with stand alone KACK scenery by IBlueYonder and JustFlight that you bought from PC Aviator? No memory resource hog? No frame rate hog?

Regards,

Aharon
    Not a frame rate hog at all. In fact on my system, which isn't the thoroughbred it was a few years ago when I built it, there is no frame rate impact at all.
    I have it limited to 29 fps and when flying around KACK in all it's glory I'm still at 29 fps.

By the way, iBlueYonder gives top notch customer support. Thank you Bill.

I think I may go buy a very expensive hamburger now.

LOL Thanks for your personal review and personal input, Fsafranek

Members who have read this thread: 0