iBlueYonder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iBlueYonder

iBlueYonder

Apparently Bill Womack has joined with Orbx again. An e-mail this morning gave instructions on moving my purchases from Bill's site over to my Orbx account.
    USAF Retired, 301st Fighter Wing, Carswell AFB, Texas
    My SOH Uploads: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...erid=83&sort=d

Current System Specs:
    FSX/Accel | Windows10 64bit
    Motherboard: MSI760GM-E51(MS-7596)
    CPU: 3.9GHz AMD FX-4300 Quad-Core | RAM: 16GB DDR3 1333
    GPU: NVidia GTX 970 (4GB GDDR5)

I can’t get the transfer form to work. Would be interested if anyone has got it to transfer their licenses successfully.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

I messed up the first time because I put my installation key in there rather than the purchase ID (basically your invoice number). Once I got that straight it went through fine.

Current System Specs:

Finally did it, thanks. The form asks for Licence ID but it was another number that worked, as you said
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Just purchased Nantucket and Plum Island, both at 50% off ONLY through today. A great deal!

Excited that Bill has gone back to Orbx. More excited about the upcoming Dallas Love field, and KPDX.

Great news this morning!

C

Not really needing Dallas Love, but KPDX is one I'm really looking forward to. Spent a fair amount of time on several deployments to Portland putting our F-16's against the F-15's based there. Plenty of time to sight-see and enjoy the area. Also had the FS9 version (Scenery FlightZone 02) that was way ahead of it's time when it was released but never got the update to FSX that it deserved or that was promised.

Current System Specs:

I was a tester on that project. I do believe that it is presently under construction along with Pearson.

Quote Originally Posted by cavaricooper View Post
    Just purchased Nantucket and Plum Island, both at 50% off ONLY through today. A great deal!

Excited that Bill has gone back to Orbx. More excited about the upcoming Dallas Love field, and KPDX.

Great news this morning!

C

I just did too.
    Mike M.​

Still can't find which one is the invoice number. I have the paypal transaction id which did not work as well as an alphanumeric invoice id on the paypal transaction that also did not work. I also do not see any invoice number in the iblueyonder account data.

Edit: OK, I was blind... It was the first number in the iblueyonder account entries for each scenery.

Is it possible to buy and use KACK scenery without buying Orbx base package?

Regards,

Aharon

Given that it is situated on an Island and Bill has modeled that entire Island and the smaller one adjacent to it. . .probably so.

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    Is it possible to buy and use KACK scenery without buying Orbx base package?
    Regards,
    Aharon
    I failed to ask. . .do you have any Orbx products?

Current System Specs:

Quote Originally Posted by Dimus View Post
    Still can't find which one is the invoice number. I have the paypal transaction id which did not work as well as an alphanumeric invoice id on the paypal transaction that also did not work. I also do not see any invoice number in the iblueyonder account data.

Edit: OK, I was blind... It was the first number in the iblueyonder account entries for each scenery.
    Not obvious though is it? Considering the form asks for License ID.
    Windows 8.1 64 bit
    P3D v3.4
    P3D v4.5
    FSX-SE
    X-Plane 11

Quote Originally Posted by falcon409 View Post
    I failed to ask. . .do you have any Orbx products?
    No I always want to buy PAJN and PAKT sceneries from Orbx but am told that they would not work well without required base packages from Orbx.

And I am hoping that purchase and use of KACK would not require to use base package from Orbx as you have correctly mentioned that the island is in middle of water, not on land mass.

Regards,

Aharon

Quote Originally Posted by Aharon View Post
    No I always want to buy PAJN and PAKT sceneries from Orbx but am told that they would not work well without required base packages from Orbx.
    And I am hoping that purchase and use of KACK would not require to use base package from Orbx as you have correctly mentioned that the island is in middle of water, not on land mass.
    Regards,
    Aharon
    I'm not so sure it's that it wouldn't work at all as much as it wouldn't mesh with whatever ground textures you happen to be using. Basically it would stick out like a sore thumb.

Current System Specs:

If you go to I blue yonder Bill Womacks site you can buy the version for FSX or P3D without the need for orbx at all.

Cheers chris

Thanks, Falcom409

Quote Originally Posted by speedy70 View Post
    If you go to I blue yonder Bill Womacks site you can buy the version for FSX or P3D without the need for orbx at all.
    Yeah but not half price LOL Orbx is offering this same scenery for 1/2 price this week. Orbx is offering for
    16.48 Australian Dollar or 12.62 US Dollar. The Blue Yonder website is offering 25 bucks.

Regards,

Aharon

So if you transfer your license, are you supposed to uninstall the original IBY version before installing the ORBX version?

LouP

Quote Originally Posted by LouP View Post
    So if you transfer your license, are you supposed to uninstall the original IBY version before installing the ORBX version?
    LouP
    Since all you're actually doing is transferring the information for those sceneries to your Orbx account I wouldn't see where that would affect currently installed scenery.

Current System Specs:

I have the Nantucket purchased under the Just Flight packaging at PC Aviator. All of the free Orbx stuff is a strain on my system
    so I hesitate at buying the Plum Island package from them even at half price. But I guess it's less than a movie ticket.

Even though I've turned off / uninstalled all of the Orbx stuff I still have their nightlighting (long strings of bright lights floating along roads)
    and green grass at all airfields even in the desert where it used to be sand year round. They really jacked my FSX-SE installation.

No. Until just now this was a standalone product sold by iBlueYonder. If you look at the OrbxDirect page it lists no dependencies. There is no reason to presume anything other than that it is exactly the same product, just being sold by Orbx. Now there is a suggestion that Orbx is going to update the products in the future, in which case they may become dependent on Orbx libraries, but for now it seems clear it doesn't require any other Orbx products.
    MarkH

Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I bought Nantucket Island from the PC Aviator online store (on a Tuesday ).
    https://www.pcaviator.com/store/prod...roductid=21107

The sales page lists Just Flight as the publisher with text and logos for Just Flight and iBlueyonder. I'm not aware of any other Nantucket Island products out there beside the one by iBlueyonder.

There is no dependency mentioned with the Nantucket Island scenery to have Orbx though I think the surrounding areas you fly over to get there could benefit.

Fsafranek,

Thanks for reply. Are you satisified with stand alone KACK scenery by IBlueYonder and JustFlight that you bought from PC Aviator? No memory resource hog? No frame rate hog?

Regards,

Aharon

There is one Nantucket payware scenery. It was developed and released by Bill Womack whose website is "iBlueYonder". It may be for sale on other sim sites, but regardless of who is selling it. It's the same product.

Bill Womack is returning to Orbx to develop scenery through them, no longer (I assume) thru the iBlueYonder name.

Orbx is offering Bill's Plum Island/Minuteman and Nantucket scenery packages at 50% off. They are the only ones offering that I think (Good for one week). Those of us who have those scenery packages can move the information for said sceneries to our Orbx account so they show up in FTX Central for future updates.

I personally have never had any FPS problems with any of Bills scenery. He does an excellent job of optimizing his scenery objects to give the smoothest in-sim flying possible.

His Nantucket scenery is not dependent on any other Orbx product, however, having said that. . .Peopleflow is incorporated into that scenery (animated figures around the airport, sounds, etc). I suspect that would be where you would miss out by not having the other Orbx products. If it's pricing that is keeping you from getting into the Orbx products, I certainly understand your hesitation. If it's a fear that all that additional scenery will bog down your system, I will say that loading takes a lot longer initially. . .however once in the Sim, there is little if any fps hit.

Current System Specs:

Members who have read this thread: 0