Piglets XB-35. - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Piglets XB-35.

Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    Theres a yb-49 as well?? My gods you folks are awesome. Mr. Dawson teamed up with Rob Barendrect ( spelling??? ) to do the gauges for the sky unlimited HO-229, but a YB-49?? This is amazing.. Maybe i can finally figure out what actually happened to Glenn Edwards.. .. Thanks Modlr .. Very much appreciated..

Pam
    There was also an RB-49 as well. Six engines. Two buried in the wing as usual but for some reason a single podded engine under each side.

There arent any gauges.. Closest thing we've got to that is the test gauge i got off mudpond years and years ago.. We need someone who can create the gauge models, animate them and code them in xml.. I'm hoping someone here will volunteer, but i also know how busy everyone is, and this is no small job..
    Perhaps if you asked nicely Milton Shupe would allow you to use the gauges from the B-26 that was just released. I don't know if the XB-35 had two sets of engine gauges with two needles each or a complete set of four. One for each engine. (The layout of the FE panel seems to suggest the latter.) But in any case the gauges would be of similar vintage to Milton's and he may allow their use since it sounds like the XB-35 is going to roost at the Outhouse. It would make doing the VC much easier.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    I rounded up all the Northrop wings; N9M, YB-49 and YRB-49, I'll convert all of those to X most riki-tik.

Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    I rounded up all the Northrop wings; N9M, YB-49 and YRB-49, I'll convert all of those to X most riki-tik.
    Yay.....looking forward to those...

Blog Entries
    Can we all say X Plane roundup ::LOL:: great job Lazarus.. and yeah.. I can do the fde for the X3. It'll just take a while for me to get it right..

Can we all say X Plane roundup ::LOL:: great job Lazarus.. and yeah.. I can do the fde for the X3. It'll just take a while for me to get it right..
    Piglet's X-24 works in FSX for some X plane fun (it does need the same screen size adjustment the N9M needs). The textures look good but IIRC I did have to pull gauges from other planes in my hangar. In keeping with the Northrop theme an X-4 Bantam would be neat! (And I'm really jonesing for the XF-92 as it looks like it will be spectacular but I think they need some well earned R&R after getting the Marauder tidied up and released!)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    Piglet's X-24 works in FSX for some X plane fun (it does need the same screen size adjustment the N9M needs). The textures look good but IIRC I did have to pull gauges from other planes in my hangar. In keeping with the Northrop theme an X-4 Bantam would be neat! (And I'm really jonesing for the XF-92 as it looks like it will be spectacular but I think they need some well earned R&R after getting the Marauder tidied up and released!)
    I hear that.. I mean, I'm probably the only dev here ho lives entirely in a chair living on the internet, and even i have to break away every now and then for a bit of blade and soul, or fur fighters ( nothing like cute fluffballs to make you laugh ).. I'm also looking forward to the dart.. Its going to be amazing.. I can already tell that the marauder IS amazing, and have been drooling over that for a while now.. ..

Pam

Fantastic!! Will they also work in P3Dv4.1??? Please.

Question, where did you find the YRB-49? Who is the original developer? I have all my original downloads filed by developer. The way I found the YB-49 was because I had it in Piglet's file folder, for some reason.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

Members +
    Blog Entries
    The YB and YRB-49's were done by Julian Higgs, way back when, FS2002. Reasonably decent given their age.
    Should work in P3D, excepting gauges.

How can we do something with the VC, folks? You're all clever bastards. Idea's?

Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk72s View Post
    Ouch.
    Do we know of any close-up photos of the instruments..?
    The zerox of the flight manual gives some good info but the pictures just aren't very clear.

Flight manual here:
    http://aviationarchives.blogspot.com...-handbook.html
    The pilots manual has a nice layout of the main instrument panel including what gauge goes where. 25 gauges in all. There are two RPM and manifold pressure gauges so two engines per gauge. Has anyone asked Milton about using the ones from the A-26 or new B-26? They're probably pretty close to what Northrop would have used seeing as the first flight was in 1946.

I mean, I'm probably the only dev here ho lives entirely in a chair living on the internet
    Ha! Haha! If only you knew.

(Except on weekends, when it's social and party time plus sleeping all day.)

The YB and YRB-49's were done by Julian Higgs, way back when, FS2002. Reasonably decent given their age.
    Should work in P3D, excepting gauges.

How can we do something with the VC, folks? You're all clever bastards. Idea's?
    Extract from the model, then convert with MCX.

If there's no VC, import the model into MCX, then cut out the cockpit area, extrude it inward to obtain window frames and start modeling away.

Both the YB-49 and YRB-49 by J. Higgs were updated to FSX Acceleration by Bob Chiclo in DEC 2008.

These are port-overs, not FSX Native conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Patterson View Post
    ...Works perfectly fine in FSX Gold except you need to adjust the display size or you get a giant black bar across the bottom of the screen...
    Actually, you don't need to adjust the display size...

In the Panel.cfg you'll see the following near the beginning:

[Window00]
    file=n9m_panel.bmp
    size_mm=1024
    window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=1
    visible=1
    ident=0
    render_3d_window=1
    window_size= 1.000, 1.000
    window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

I bold-faced the line in question. You put a couple of // in front of that 'render_3d_window=1' line and you should be good to go.
    So...it should look something like this:

[Window00]
    file=n9m_panel.bmp
    size_mm=1024
    window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=1
    visible=1
    ident=0
    //render_3d_window=1
    window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

Hope this helps.

Repaints Uploads?

Yes please! I for one would like to see the repaints.

KB

"...There is also a set of repaints that show the three different schemes besides Tim's, used on the four built N-9Ms. "n9mx3.zip"

The repainter does not have his name in the readme, nor do I remember where I got it. I have checked the 4 major sites, including here, and can't find it. There are no restrictions of any kind in the readme, so I should be able to post it here, if wanted..."

XB-35 by Kalunori ITO

Found this at flightsim.com by Kazunori ITO. Yes, it is for FS2002/2004 but it is pretty!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails xb-35.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Drzook View Post
    Actually, you don't need to adjust the display size...

In the Panel.cfg you'll see the following near the beginning:

[Window00]
    file=n9m_panel.bmp
    size_mm=1024
    window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=1
    visible=1
    ident=0
    render_3d_window=1
    window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

I bold-faced the line in question. You put a couple of // in front of that 'render_3d_window=1' line and you should be good to go.
    So...it should look something like this:

[Window00]
    file=n9m_panel.bmp
    size_mm=1024
    window_size_ratio=1.000
    position=1
    visible=1
    ident=0
    //render_3d_window=1
    window_pos= 0.000, 0.000

Hope this helps.
    That must be what I did because my CFG has that line put on ignore. I thought I set the size_mm=1024 to 1080. It has been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bookman1960 View Post
    Yes please! I for one would like to see the repaints.

KB

"...There is also a set of repaints that show the three different schemes besides Tim's, used on the four built N-9Ms. "n9mx3.zip"

The repainter does not have his name in the readme, nor do I remember where I got it. I have checked the 4 major sites, including here, and can't find it. There are no restrictions of any kind in the readme, so I should be able to post it here, if wanted..."

I uploaded the texture files zip to the library. So whenever Rami gets them okayed, you are welcome to them.
    If anyone recognizes them, and knows the original author, I will be sure to add the credits to the files.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Those 3 were done in December '16 ....and yer right...no name....I got them not long ago from FlightSim.com [I think] ...

I managed to update Kazunori Ito's XB-35 fde. You can find my update right here on Sim-Outhouse file library.

Members +
    Blog Entries
    Piglets N-9MB in X format. FSX native materials and animations, 3d props.
    Twiddled cfg a bit to correct contact points and prop positions to match externals.
    Any glitches, shout back in this wing forum, we'll get it worked out.
    Alpha state for testing, NOTE: VOR1 is incompatible and x'd out, needs gauges updated, getting the gauge sound DLL crash on exit.
    Model Zip below. NOTE 2: Has not been flown, just ran the sim long enough to verify it's displaying.

Attachment 57805

Piglets N-9MB in X format. FSX native materials and animations, 3d props.
    Twiddled cfg a bit to correct contact points and prop positions to match externals.
    Any glitches, shout back in this wing forum, we'll get it worked out.
    Alpha state for testing, NOTE: VOR1 is incompatible and x'd out, needs gauges updated, getting the gauge sound DLL crash on exit.
    Model Zip below. NOTE 2: Has not been flown, just ran the sim long enough to verify it's displaying.

Attachment 57805
    Flies great but I had some reflections/streaks inside my canopy. I did not however get a crash when switching planes so maybe that is an isolated incident. Just like to point out that Aerosoft has the Mitchellwing as freeware. It's an ultralight, but has retracts and will get up and boogie at a shade over 150! (Although the ASI is VNEd at 120.) Great for the ultralight strip at Oshkosh!

Quote Originally Posted by edmoore235 View Post
    Found this at flightsim.com by Kazunori ITO. Yes, it is for FS2002/2004 but it is pretty!

Nice video of ITO's XB-35...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNWaDGfll64

Quote Originally Posted by modelr View Post
    I uploaded the texture files zip to the library. So whenever Rami gets them okayed, you are welcome to them.
    If anyone recognizes them, and knows the original author, I will be sure to add the credits to the files.

I just received a PM telling me who these paints were done by. Our own "Mick" did them, and they are here in the library. I just didn't use the proper search info. Searching for a file by the file name does not work. Mick told me to search for "Northrop N-9".

My public apologies to Mick. I am adding his name to the readme in my file so I don't make that mistake again. Sorry, Mick.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Quote Originally Posted by Jafo View Post
    Those 3 were done in December '16 ....and yer right...no name....I got them not long ago from FlightSim.com [I think] ...

Turns out they were done by "Mick" here at the SoH, and downloaded from here.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X

Lazarus's rendition of the N9m departing YMML ...

Edit ...just saw your post, Don ....yep...must have been from here then.....[memory is the first to go]...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails N9M-YMML.jpg  

Members who have read this thread: 161