dear milton,

Thread: dear milton,

dear milton,

upon downloading some of the latest aircraft you've made I've noticed the file sizes have increased since the dhc-7 days. Interesting to notice that all are with some exe files to install it on my computer, so i was wondering when you are making the next aircraft can you start uploading just the texture file..?

i havent downloaded anything in the last 4 years from you because of all the file sizes of the aircraft you've made that are higher than 100mb and not happy with that idea...

Quote Originally Posted by darrenvox View Post
    upon downloading some of the latest aircraft you've made I've noticed the file sizes have increased since the dhc-7 days. Interesting to notice that all are with some exe files to install it on my computer, so i was wondering when you are making the next aircraft can you start uploading just the texture file..?

i havent downloaded anything in the last 4 years from you because of all the file sizes of the aircraft you've made that are higher than 100mb and not happy with that idea...
    Hello Darren, nice to hear from you.

Darren, these packages are getting larger because the models, sounds, and textures contain higher resolution and fidelity than the older models. With today's computers, people want better quality everything.

Sounds alone are typically 40-60 MB.
    One texture set usually runs 60-80 MB. We usually have included 4-8 liveries in the releases (300-800 MB).
    Models run around 4-10MB when pushed to the limits.
    So, as you can see it is virtually impossible to keep a package size below 100MB.
    These packages have 800-1200 files in them so that's a lot of work and components to consider.

The Install Creator Installer's exe that I use for large packages is because the compression is much better than the Zip program I use. This reduces download sizes and time.
    I set up the installers so they do NOT update registry, do NOT create an Uninstall, and will NOT install themselves. You must direct the decompression to a temporary folder of your choice; you have complete control.
    Just follow the instructions.
    All my uploads are scanned before uploading.

Hope this explains why things have changed for the better.
    Milton Shupe
    FS9/FSX Modeler Hack

My Uploads at SOH - Here
    Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners

thanks, Milton, I am sorry for talking like I didn't care in the original post, I was just thinking why and you gave me the answer so that helps...ill just download them in exe file instead of that you used to do, no problem

Members who have read this thread: 0