Native FSX Mitsubishi F-2A and F-2B test release - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Native FSX Mitsubishi F-2A and F-2B test release

Bird with VC worked painlessly for me [FSX-A] ....looks good, too...

Any chance this might work with the F-16 that comes with P3D? I want to say it's Aerosoft, but could be Iris.
    ....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

The P3d F-16 is the Aerosoft one.
    It should be possible to merge it, but it would need different files copied and some cfg editing.

Retired SOH Administrator Ferry_vO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveWG View Post
    It should be possible to merge it, but it would need different files copied and some cfg editing.
    Tried it with the fsx version, but it gives an "oops wrong model!" error so I think aerosoft has done some form of protection build in.
    Intel i9-13900 Raptor Lake , Be Quiet! Dark rock slim cooler, 32 Gb Corsair DDR5 RAM, MSI Z790 Tomahawk motherboard, Asus RTX 4060Ti 16Gb, Thermaltake 1050 Watt PSU, Windows 11 64-bit 1 m2, 4 SSD, 2 HDD.

Thanks Dave. Much appreciated advice

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Ferry_vO View Post
    Tried it with the fsx version, but it gives an "oops wrong model!" error so I think aerosoft has done some form of protection build in.
    I also tried AEROSOFT. It was shown as well as you.

Tried a quick merge with the Aerosoft / Default P3d F-16 VC. Had to edit a few cfg's and stuff, but works fine.

Tried a quick merge with the Aerosoft / Default P3d F-16 VC. Had to edit a few cfg's and stuff, but works fine.

Care to share your modified cfg's? You would be my best friend for the week....

Matt

Hi Matt, that was a quick hack, and probably not the best way of doing it. I'll sort out some proper instructions etc tonight.

Hi Matt, that was a quick hack, and probably not the best way of doing it. I'll sort out some proper instructions etc tonight.
    Thanks indeed. Looking forward to your details of how to get her into a native LM virtually supported bird, since I lost the Iris F-16 a while back.

Matt

We will make efforts to make installation easier so that you can display F - 2 correctly. Please wait.

This VC is the model exported for FSX.
    It is an image that seems to have already been completed, but time is still necessary before completion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails f2vc0111.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    @kbt Did you have any manuals of the real aircraft that you worked from for the FS9 version? If so, would you be able to share them?
    @kbt did you see this?
    -JB

Quote Originally Posted by Naruto-kun View Post
    @kbt Did you have any manuals of the real aircraft that you worked from for the FS9 version? If so, would you be able to share them?
    I'm sorry. I have forgotten.
    There is a manual of F2 model for FS 9.
    I do not have a flight manual of a real aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Thanks indeed. Looking forward to your details of how to get her into a native LM virtually supported bird, since I lost the Iris F-16 a while back.
    Hi Matt,

Would you like to try these files: http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/F2_F16_ModFiles.zip

It's set up for the default P3d F16. Instructions included in the zip. Should be fairly straightforward. Any questions, just shout.

Hi Matt,

Would you like to try these files: http://daveg.cbfsim.org/files/F2_F16_ModFiles.zip

It's set up for the default P3d F16. Instructions included in the zip. Should be fairly straightforward. Any questions, just shout.
    Currently at work, but will give it a run down tonight when I get home and, if the Ms. permits, tweak with it a bit on our weekend time. I will certainly let you know soonest. Thanks so much Dave.

Matt

To KBT

First of all thank you for all that perfect models and the devotion to them

Really thank you

Roland

Second-->question no critisism or so

Will we get the old VC as internal FSX/ P3D model as well?
    Why ?It was closer to a real F-2 as far as i recall

Still need to repair again the HUD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F-2_Cockpit.jpg   2018-1-14_14-5-32-817.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    To KBT

First of all thank you for all that perfect models and the devotion to them

Really thank you

Roland

Second-->question no critisism or so

Will we get the old VC as internal FSX/ P3D model as well?
    Why ?It was closer to a real F-2 as far as i recall

Still need to repair again the HUD

VC will be added in the next version.
    The immediate problem.
    Creation of HUD in FSX.
    Create a switch with integrated landing light and taxing light.
    Creation of these is a series of failures. It will take time to complete.

thank you

HUD yes difficult
    switch-sounds easy--->XML?

Roland

The original F-2 HUD as quite nice. It just needs to be collimated but I guess it's easier said than done...
    This topic brought nice memories about the original version of this plane. I used to fly it quite often back in my FSX days, it was probably one of the nicest freeware jets I had at that time.

Cool to hear a VC is coming! The Iris F-16D hasn't been available for sale for 3-4 years and I don't think it was ever re-released by anyone else, or I'd have just considered grabbing it!

Quote Originally Posted by thunder100 View Post
    thank you

HUD yes difficult
    switch-sounds easy--->XML?

Roland
    Yes, HUD is difficult. Moreover, the XML of the lighting switch with the top, middle and lower positions is also difficult. (The top is the landing light, the middle is OFF, the lower position is the taxi light)

Quote Originally Posted by Daube View Post
    The original F-2 HUD as quite nice. It just needs to be collimated but I guess it's easier said than done...
    This topic brought nice memories about the original version of this plane. I used to fly it quite often back in my FSX days, it was probably one of the nicest freeware jets I had at that time.

Is this image FS9?

Quote Originally Posted by DennyA View Post
    Cool to hear a VC is coming! The Iris F-16D hasn't been available for sale for 3-4 years and I don't think it was ever re-released by anyone else, or I'd have just considered grabbing it!

Apparently it seems so.

Quote Originally Posted by kbt View Post
    Yes, HUD is difficult. Moreover, the XML of the lighting switch with the top, middle and lower positions is also difficult. (The top is the landing light, the middle is OFF, the lower position is the taxi light)
    Animation: Keyframe 0 = down (Taxi), 25 = middle (Off), 50 = up (Landing)

Code:
    <Animation name="F-2_TaxiLdg_Light_Switch" guid="0aef10f5-4c5d-47c3-8e2e-5ae63e0474d9" length="50" type="Sim" typeParam2="F-2_TaxiLdg_Light_Switch" typeParam="AutoPlay" />

<PartInfo>
    <Name>F-2_TaxiLdg_Light_Switch</Name>
    <AnimLength>50</AnimLength>
    <Animation>
    <Parameter>
    <Code>(L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 25 * 25 +</Code>
    <Lag>100</Lag>
    </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
    <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
    <TooltipText>Landing/Taxi Light Switch (%((L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number))%{case}%{:-1}Taxi Light On%{:0}Off%{:1}Landing Light On%{end})</TooltipText>
    <MouseFlags>LeftSingle+RightSingle</MouseFlags>
    <CallbackCode>
    (M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 0 == and if{ 1 (>L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) }

(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == or (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch,  number) 0 != and if{ 0 (>L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) }

(M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch,  number) 0 == and if{ -1 (>L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) }

(L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 1 == (A:LIGHT LANDING, bool) ! and if{ (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) }
    (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) -1 == (A:LIGHT TAXI, bool) ! and if{ (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) }

(L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 0 == (A:LIGHT LANDING, bool) and if{ (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) }
    (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 0 == (A:LIGHT TAXI, bool) and if{ (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) }
    </CallbackCode>
    </MouseRect>
    </PartInfo>
    That should work.
    Last edited by Bjoern; January 15th, 2018 at 06:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoern View Post
    Animation: Keyframe 0 = down (Taxi), 25 = middle (Off), 50 = up (Landing)

Code:
    <Animation name="F-2_TaxiLdg_Light_Switch" guid="0aef10f5-4c5d-47c3-8e2e-5ae63e0474d9" length="50" type="Sim" typeParam2="F-2_TaxiLdg_Light_Switch" typeParam="AutoPlay" />

<PartInfo>
    <Name>F-2_TaxiLdg_Light_Switch</Name>
    <AnimLength>50</AnimLength>
    <Animation>
    <Parameter>
    <Code>(L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 25 * 25 +</Code>
    <Lag>100</Lag>
    </Parameter>
    </Animation>
    <MouseRect>
    <Cursor>Hand</Cursor>
    <TooltipText>Landing/Taxi Light Switch (%((L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number))%{case}%{:-1}Taxi Light On%{:0}Off%{:1}Landing Light On%{end}</TooltipText>
    <MouseFlags>LeftSingle+RightSingle</MouseFlags>
    <CallbackCode>
    (M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 0 == and if{ 1 (>L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) }

(M:Event) 'LeftSingle' scmp 0 == (M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == or (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch,  number) 0 != and if{ 0 (>L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) }

(M:Event) 'RightSingle' scmp 0 == (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch,  number) 0 == and if{ -1 (>L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) }

(L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 1 == (A:LIGHT LANDING, bool) ! and if{ (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) }
    (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 1 == (A:LIGHT TAXI, bool) ! and if{ (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) }

(L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 0 == (A:LIGHT LANDING, bool) and if{ (>K:LANDING_LIGHTS_TOGGLE) }
    (L:F-2 Taxi Landing Light Switch, number) 0 == (A:LIGHT TAXI, bool) and if{ (>K:TOGGLE_TAXI_LIGHTS) }
    </CallbackCode>
    </MouseRect>
    </PartInfo>
    That should work.
    Thank you for writing very helpful XML. However, I do not have the skill to correct this notation to the perfect Reverse Polish Notation.
    The result at FS, the light did not turn on, the switch was only up and down movement.

Members who have read this thread: 1