REX Skyforce 3D released!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: REX Skyforce 3D released!

....my other Stryker is a 2019 Challenger Hellcat Redeye.....

Matt

Price is $44.95 without prior REX products or $38.21 with 15% discount. Purchased and will download tonight when I get home. Looking forward to this add on.

Matt

Matt-

As a long time AS user, I’d be interested in your comparison... I have become increasingly happy with cloud/Wx depiction from the AS14/ASCA combo, however Reed and his team do great stuff also....

Happy New Year Mate!

C

Coop,

I will indeed play with her a bit over the week. I will try to post shots and comments but know I have not ever used AS, so my notes will be based off of what I know or remember of REX enhanced.

Matt

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Just purchased it from the REX store, which I have previous purchases from, and the discount is automatically given once you signin, which is part of the payment process. No special processes required, such as previous order numbers, passwords, etc. Totally automatic.

Now off to read the manual and install.
    Don H

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
    MSI MAG B650 Tomahawk WIFI/BT
    64GB Corsair Vengeance 6000MHz DDR5 C40 (4x16)
    Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX7900XT 20GB DDR6
    Corsair 5000D Airflow Case
    Corsair RM850x 80+ GOLD P/S
    Liquid Freezer II 360 water cooling
    C:/ WD Black 4TB SN770 Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    D:/ Crucial P3 PLUS 4TB Gen 4 NVMe M.2 SSD
    Samsung 32" Curved Monitor
    Honeycomb and Saitek Flight Equipment

I saw the release email I received from REX last night.

I have been using the REX Texture Direct+Soft Clouds textures in combination with Active Sky Next as the weather engine for a long time.

I am looking forward to hearing your experiences Matt and Ron.
    One day without laughter, is one day without living.
    One day without Flight Simming, is one day lost living.

you can use Active sky with REX Skyforce or you can use just the skyforce engine

comparing both weather depictions today, they are the same very hard to tell the difference

the program, has some great textures however the main core selling point is how the program has rebuild the cloud cfg

you now can see twisters, coming rain squalls etc etc etc where before you couldnt

at the end of the day it doesnt matter what weather program being Active sky or rex or what else is out there, you will get the same effect, skyforce is not about weather injection, its about the new coding

as to the new weather and cloud coding, I love it and impressed with what they have done, for me im sticking with Active sky to download my weather due to extra weather input sources. Thats only the reason why

is REX Skyforceworth buying, yes the new cloud coding is a huge leap forward in weather depiction

Thanks for sharing you first impressions.
    Good to hear the AS weather engine works well with the new REX textures and features.

I'll keep following this thread for experiences from other simmers.

What about FPS?
    I use REX Soft Clods (sometimes its a case of fps drop, for example with very cloudy day).
    Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I bought it and use it with AS as weather engine. I had REX Essentials before because I liked the new texture sets, also regarding sky and ground assets. I must say, this is a whole new experience now. REX did a great job on the cloud system. Simply amazing.

Thanks for mentioning this!

Cheers,
    Mark
    My scenery development galleries:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/x0skkam7xu8zz8r/DFwnonB1nH

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Current Project: DHC-4 / C-7a Caribou by Tailored Radials
    Dev-Gallery at https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qjdtcoxeg...bAG-2V4Ja?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by roger-wilco-66 View Post
    I bought it and use it with AS as weather engine. I had REX Essentials before because I liked the new texture sets, also regarding sky and ground assets. I must say, this is a whole new experience now. REX did a great job on the cloud system. Simply amazing.

Thanks for mentioning this!

Cheers,
    Mark
    How looks full overcast with FPS? REX Soft Clouds has a problem with this with antialiasting higher than 2x.
    The performance was improved?

Win 10 64, i9 13900 KF, RTX 4090 24Gb, RAM64Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

Blog Entries
    I went to The Flight Sim Store to purchase it. However, the store didn't give me the 15% discount at checkoput, even though I have purchased both REX Extreme and Soft Clouds from FSS. I sent them an email and am waiting on a reply.
    John

My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II

AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz
    32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
    RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

yeah the flightsim store has rapidly gone down hill in the past 12mths since Orbx left them

Sorry to hear

from past experiences from them in the past 12mths, if you dont hear from them in 24hrs send a second email, then wait 48hrs and the raise a complaint from paypal, then they will answer and take action,

While I would like to support a local sim store, I now shop at simmarket

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jeansy View Post
    yeah the flightsim store has rapidly gone down hill in the past 12mths since Orbx left them

Sorry to hear

from past experiences from them in the past 12mths, if you dont hear from them in 24hrs send a second email, then wait 48hrs and the raise a complaint from paypal, then they will answer and take action,

While I would like to support a local sim store, I now shop at simmarket
    Well, it has been 24 hours. No answer from the FlightSimStore. Luckily for me, I don't feel a need for it. I rarely use a lot of weather. I mostly wanted it for the cool clouds. I can wait.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM
    3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive

Sorry to hear that. It worked here. Also bought Texture Direct, Essential and Soft clouds before.

I hope you can get that sorted out.

I'm really hyped about it. It can depict the weather really good now, also difficult situations (image is in Laos, flying from Vientane to Luang Prabang).

Cheers,
    Mark

Solomon 1943 V2 Open beta download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...on-1943-V2.zip
    Solomon 1943 V2 update 2013-02-05 download: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/download...2013-02-05.zip

Sorry to hear that. It worked here. Also bought Texture Direct, Essential and Soft clouds before.

I hope you can get that sorted out.

I'm really hyped about it. It can depict the weather really good now, also difficult situations (image is in Laos, flying from Vientane to Luang Prabang).

Cheers,
    Mark

Are you allowing AS16 to generate the weather for you or did you select that type for that run? Beautiful shot BTW!

Matt

I'm enjoying a more realistic IFR flight and I ginned up some "towering clouds" and I can definitely say that this is a big improvement in the Atmospherics.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FA-18E VFA-22 CAG.jpg   EMB-326, AT-26, Xavante.jpg   Navy UH-1C Vietnam.jpg  
    Very Respectfully,

Jim 'Doc' Johnson, SMSgt, USAF (Ret)
    Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by strykerpsg View Post
    Are you allowing AS16 to generate the weather for you or did you select that type for that run? Beautiful shot BTW!
    Active SKY fed the realtime weather in - it's read from the weather stations nearby, and a host of other sources. It is not static, pre generated weather.

I must say, it seems very realistic. On that flight, you pass through different landscapes, like the flat area around Vientane with the Mekong, then pass through Karst foothills into the mountainous regions where Luang Prabang is situated. As one would expect the weather situation changes accordingly. Quite difficult to negotiate at times. I also like the flight planning option of AS. Helps planning the flights quite well.

That was money well spent!

Cheers,
    Mark

Active SKY fed the realtime weather in - it's read from the weather stations nearby, and a host of other sources. It is not static, pre generated weather.

I must say, it seems very realistic. On that flight, you pass through different landscapes, like the flat area around Vientane with the Mekong, then pass through Karst foothills into the mountainous regions where Luang Prabang is situated. As one would expect the weather situation changes accordingly. Quite difficult to negotiate at times. I also like the flight planning option of AS. Helps planning the flights quite well.

That was money well spent!

Cheers,
    Mark
    I am really on the fence about buying AS16 for my weather generator or just wait out REX's forthcoming weather engine. I could absolutely envision the challenge of trying to land in all of that fog, low cloud ceiling.

Thanks for sharing.

Matt

The above shots are with AS16, Rex TD + SC, Rex SF, and PTA. I disabled the cloud textures and any other graphics that SF already had in common in TD+SC. No fps problems.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Quote Originally Posted by docjohnson View Post
    The above shots are with AS16, Rex TD + SC, Rex SF, and PTA. I disabled the cloud textures and any other graphics that SF already had in common in TD+SC. No fps problems.
    I am kinda confused. I thought Sky Force 3D is a replacement for TD+SC. Did I miss something?

I'm only using the textures in TD+SC that SF doesn't already have loaded. One example is the ground texturing in TD+SC. I disable the weather engine in SF and use AS16 as the weather engine.
    Very Respectfully,

Fac Fortia Et Patere

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manfredc3 View Post
    I am kinda confused. I thought Sky Force 3D is a replacement for TD+SC. Did I miss something?
    I believe I remember reading on the REX site that Sky Force does not replace the ground and water textures, just the sky.
    John

32 GB DDR5 RAM

Members who have read this thread: 0